[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be Boniface >cut down pagan's holy tree right in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 13
>be Boniface
>cut down pagan's holy tree right in front of them
>they do nothing
>use the wood to build a church

for such a cvck religion that's pretty fucking funny

Christians desacrating pagan sanctuaries thread.
>>
>>>/pol/
Seriously go the fuck back to /pol/. I'm tired of all these anti-viking threads.
Christianity is shit
>>
File: Waldromantik.jpg (743 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Waldromantik.jpg
743 KB, 1440x900
>>467341
Fuck yeah, Bonifazius was cool as shit. Seriously, he had balls of steel, converted many germanic peoples and died in battle, what other monk can say that?

He also is the patron saint of Germany (even if nobody knows that anymore these days).
>>
File: 1437447850748.png (132 KB, 679x578) Image search: [Google]
1437447850748.png
132 KB, 679x578
>>467365
>in the halls of valhalla where floki and snokee are awaiting me
>>
>>
File: IpLdiJpTcSE.jpg (102 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
IpLdiJpTcSE.jpg
102 KB, 453x604
>>467341
Year 2013. Near to Arkhangelsk sity, Russia. Marks of warfare with Cults Ancestors of Ryssian Nation.
>>
File: xTyL6KN7uuY.jpg (110 KB, 463x604) Image search: [Google]
xTyL6KN7uuY.jpg
110 KB, 463x604
>>
File: BjgbwoVDWpI.jpg (115 KB, 445x604) Image search: [Google]
BjgbwoVDWpI.jpg
115 KB, 445x604
>>
File: xrkd-oboHD0.jpg (118 KB, 436x604) Image search: [Google]
xrkd-oboHD0.jpg
118 KB, 436x604
>>
File: Burg_Hohenzollern.jpg (3 MB, 3504x2336) Image search: [Google]
Burg_Hohenzollern.jpg
3 MB, 3504x2336
>>467520
>>467365
Awwww, is Mommy forcing you to go to church again, Tommy?

Face it, having different ideologies/religions doesn´t make people stronger/better.
People make people stronger.

The vikings are and will be dead and it is good like that. Their piss-poor barbaric style of living will never come back and their so called "religion" is nowadays the male equivalent to Wicca.

If you seek strength, my friend, find it in your soul, find it in your Selbst, not in the buried bones of your ancestors and their dark thoughts.
>>
File: Varg_Vikernes.jpg (154 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
Varg_Vikernes.jpg
154 KB, 1000x666
>be neo-pagan retard
>burn down old christian church and symbol of your countries heritage
>they do nothing except put you to jail for a few years
>>
>>467571
Your ancestors live through you, though.
>>
File: 0,,2985983_4,00.jpg (19 KB, 330x244) Image search: [Google]
0,,2985983_4,00.jpg
19 KB, 330x244
>be african man
>get invited to christian european country
>go on a rape and murder spree
>they ignore you completely and refuse to acknowledge your crimes
>>
>>467593
Yes, but are you your ancestor?
Am I the quiet ass-herder from Catalonia, am I the Nazi journalist, am I the Silesia-born coal miner in the Ruhr-Area? No, I´m not, I´m myself.

I´m not their strength, not their blood, not their lives. I´m myself. I´m strong because I am strong. Not because my ancestors were strong.

Besides, why do you think just because you have Scandinavian heritage, your ancestors were strong, afraid-of-nothing vikings? They had cowardly farmers, too, you know.
>>
>>467571
>Face it, having different ideologies/religions >doesn´t make people stronger/better.
An Israel state is good example.
>>
>>467625
>not their blood
well you are their blood alberto
>>
>>467658
Ooohh, trying to mock my ancestry, huh? How mature.

I can assure you, I´m not ashamed of my Catalonian roots, and I have a 100% caucasian skin.

>>467652
Hmm, I think Israel is different. Think of it as a pseudo-theocracy ruled by fascists and supported by bankers.
I don´t think this state is a very healthy one.
>>
>>467704
>Israel
>theocracy

I didn't think you could be any more stupid but there you go
>>
What's with all the the threads about being butthurt about paganism? Why are they all directed at Germanic paganism? Where are the threads being butthurt about Hellenic paganism, or Italo-Roman paganism, or Celtic paganism, or Rodnovery, or Semitic paganism?
>>
>>467571
>If you seek strength, my friend, find it in your soul, find it in your Selbst, not in the buried bones of your ancestors and their dark thoughts.

Not that guy, but ancestor veneration serves a fundamentally egoistic purpose. Reminding yourself that you came from something worth venerating establishes that the history that has lead to you as an individual is something worth your respect.
>>
>>469462
No one else is trying to revive those, but some stormfags like Varg Vikernes are actually trying to "get back to their Pagan roots" and are tying the old Nordic beliefs with white supremacy.
>>
>>467365
>Praise vikings
> lol go back to le /pol/ Xd
>Hate vikings
>lol go back to le /pol/ Xd
I just don't know anymore.I want both /lit/ and /pol/ to fuck off.
>>
>>469490
Actually, I picked all of those because they all have associated reconstructionist movements.

Germanic paganism also isn't just a white supremacist thing. The big divide in the Germanic neo-pagan community is folkist versus universalist. Folkist believe it's tied to ethnicity, universalists believe anyone can join. Even among folkists, it's not necessarily a white supremacist matter either.
>>
>>469490
As I understand it, it's not so much white supremacy as white nationalism - given the emphasis on blood relationships and familial solidarity it's not hard to see the hop-skip from "relations" to "ethnic group", especially in the wake of globalization as the world becomes simultaneously much larger and much closer.

It's also quite contentious within the community, as many germanic pagans are decidedly universalist in their beliefs (/r/asatru, for example, is pretty much 100% universalist because racism is bad m'kay) and you even have some widely-detested "norse wiccans" hanging around the fringes in addition to volkish pagans with racial convictions ranging from "good fences make better neighbors" to "hitler did literally nothing wrong 14/88 race war now gas the kikes".
>>
>>469561
What the hell is a Norse Wiccan?
>>
>>469565
A scandiboo wiccan. No, really, that's about it.

They're generally loathed in heathen communities for all of the other reasons that people who follow more obscure spiritual traditions and aren't wiccans usually hate wiccans, namely that they're the gypsies/jews/thieving niggers/attention whores/liberal pussies/etc. of the wider pagan community but in addition to that you have the nerd rage of reconstructists fueling the hate and the Germanic traditions generally view ritual magic (read: pretty much any magic that isn't extremely abstract, such as a group prayer for victory or a votive offering to a spirit, or magic imbued in an item, such as a magic sword or Thor's gauntlets) as cowardly and extremely suspect at best and a capital offense at worse.

Here's an article co-written by a wiccan and a heathen on the topic; its more than 20 years old and the formatting is shit but it's still relevant and readable.
http://www.ravenkindred.com/wicatru.html
>>
>>467593
But not your Christian ones?

>>469462
Because that's the one the LARPers give most attention to, and won't shut up about.
>>
>>469663
>But not your Christian ones?

Presumably, they're worth respect too, even if you don't share their beliefs.
>>
>>469663
>But not your Christian ones?
Why wouldn't someone venerate their Christian ancestors?
>>
>>469677
>>469690
Most "pagans" always seem to say they want to honour their ancestors with their beliefs, but are very selective in doing so.
>>
>>469712
In general, I haven't seen any of them deride their Christian ancestors specifically. You can be opposed to their beliefs without thinking ill of them as individuals or refusing to recognize their significance in your heritage.
>>
>>469712
That depends on what you mean by "honour", really. Most pagans, especially in the Germanic tradition, tend to hold that actions speak louder than words and seem to take a line similar to Marcus Aurelius' when all is said and done but looking backwards as well as forwards.

>Live a good life. If there are Gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are Gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no Gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.
>>
>>469729
While I'm very fond of the sentiment in that quote, I'll note that it seems to have appeared on the internet out of the blue, and was never said by Aurelius himself.
>>
>>469736
IIRC it's been tied to a suspect translation.
>>
File: Olga.jpg (188 KB, 1000x587) Image search: [Google]
Olga.jpg
188 KB, 1000x587
>>467365
Vikings are /pol/-tier, though.

Go back to worship your pig-fucking ancestors on that white supremacist board full of Swedish-descended rednecks like you.
>>
>>467341
Why are you people so butthurt?
Why can't you differentiate the terms "Norse" and "viking"?
>>
>>469773
Not to nitpick, but /pol/ is predominantly Christian and think individuals like Varg are basically fedora tippers.
>>
>>469786
>/pol/ is predominantly Christian

lmfao
>>
File: Historical Waifu no 2.jpg (262 KB, 697x850) Image search: [Google]
Historical Waifu no 2.jpg
262 KB, 697x850
>>469786
Varg has got a good deal of support there as well, though.

>>469792
There is a good deal of Christians on /pol/ though, he's right about that, a good deal of them as cancerous and reactionary as "muh pagan heritage" assholes.
>>
>>469798
Assholes will be assholes, regardless of faith.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.