[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>heard there is a show about vikings >cool they were interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: holyshit.jpg (11 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
holyshit.jpg
11 KB, 284x177
>heard there is a show about vikings
>cool they were interesting people what could go wr-
>BDSM ''armor''
>female warriors
>soldiers in every village what the fuck
>hipster haircuts
>despite the fact that norsemen liked colorful clothing everyone wears this fucking grimdark brown and black

what's even better is that this shit airs on History Channel
I hope one day we will get a proper norse themed show
is Rome better or it's also on the same RPG game level of bullshit?
>>
File: tumblr_ns2elvkcwH1rui49ao1_1280.jpg (1 MB, 1051x1536) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns2elvkcwH1rui49ao1_1280.jpg
1 MB, 1051x1536
>mfw everything wants to be GoT
>>
>>465813
I fucking wish this show wanted to be GOT because then we would get some proper story it's not like blood feuds weren't a thing in norse society but no it's just
>HURR WE GO TO DA VILLAGE WITH MUH BITCH AND THERE IS 30 SOLDIERS AND WE ARE UNHARMED AND WE WON AND ODIN XDD
it's Amon Amarth: The Show
>>
>>465800
>I hope one day we will get a proper norse themed show

so a bunch of naked cave savages running around and bullying monks and then getting BTFO by every army on earth?
>>
>>465819
wow norsemen lived in caves? That's new.
>>
File: asuka_disgusted.jpg (68 KB, 556x606) Image search: [Google]
asuka_disgusted.jpg
68 KB, 556x606
>>465818
>Amon Amarth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpAcxbtXUgQ

>I was listening to this while driving, now my truck is an unstoppable viking ship

>Goddamn. This shit makes me want to punch an ice giant in the fucking teeth. Aren't any more, though, so I'll settle for my roommate.

>Thor requests that you attach viking shields to the side of your car.

>Gives me a thorgasm

>ASGAARDS ALWAYS BEEN MY HOME
>>
>>465800
Rome is actually regarded settingwise as one of the best recreations of ancient rome.
The problem is the storyline is quite bullshit.
>>
>>465800
>is Rome better or it's also on the same RPG game level of bullshit?

Rome is good, but the story is slow.
>>
>>465818
>HURR WE GO TO DA VILLAGE WITH MUH BITCH
b-but a-anon, dont you know, we need strong and independent women in every television format now, fictional or not
>>
File: 1448993789514.png (108 KB, 1200x1330) Image search: [Google]
1448993789514.png
108 KB, 1200x1330
>>465819
>Danelaw
>Kingdom of Dublin
>Kingdom of York
>Seiges of Paris
>Cnut
>>
>>465800
Mosey on over to the Rome thread lad
>>
>3 vikings hate threads on the front page
For what purpose?
>>
>>465922
>they were interesting people
>viking hate
it's just the show being fucking shit
>>
FUCK OFF WITH THE VIKINGS
>>
>>465853
Lagertha is from the actual story, not made up for the show.

>>r9k
>>
>>466042
if by actual story you mean saga then yeah
keep in mid there is also saga about a witch that had army of monsters and the undead (that shit should actually become a show as well)
>>
>>466076
I meant the saga, yeah. I'm sceptical as to whether or not Ragnar even existed in real life.

>keep in mid there is also saga about a witch that had army of monsters and the undead (that shit should actually become a show as well)
I'd love if some of the sagas were made into programmes.

I don't even mind all of the shitty costumes and grimdark shit. I was pretty butthurt about the history though.
>>
>>466076
to be honest a tv series that accurately told the sagas would be interesting. Some of them were good pieces of literature and worthy of more than meme-level studying and understanding given the wider impact they have on the mainstream what with the TV show and the Thor films
>>
>>465800
It's not meant to be historically accurate. It's just a show to cash-in on the whole viking fad.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.