[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Cincinnatus the greatest leader of all time? It honestly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image_33.jpg (169 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
image_33.jpg
169 KB, 600x476
Was Cincinnatus the greatest leader of all time? It honestly seems like it.
>>
I think it's silly to judge historical figures like that.

He was just a dude who understood how to do his task and didn't have the vision/delusions of doing anything else.
>>
>>464703
Well I don't think it is fair to judge semi mythic characters but that is just me
>>
>>464720
this
it's the equivalent of saying that about william wallace because you watched braveheart or something
>>
>>464703
No, that'd be Sulla.
>>
It's the cunctator
>>
>>464703
God damn i love cincinnati (oh)
>>
>>468990
Are you black?
>>
>>465346
yeah his reforms saw Rome through a few tough decades before completely collapsing within living memory
>>
>>465346
That's not Marius.
>>
>>468992
No
>>
>>464703
He was essentially a Roman meme. There's even a letter from Cicero where he complains about the meme being overused, same with the meme of "good Roman wife encourages husband to commit suicide".
>>
>>464703
BE GIVEN ABSOLUTE CONTROL OVER ROME

GIVE IT BACK WHEN DONE WITH IT
>>
>>469921
>cicero
Opinion discarded senpai
>>
>>469016
Well as soon as he died the Senate cumrags fucked it up.

>>469066
Yeah, it's not. Marius a shit. Great general, poor leader.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.