[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you vaccinate all of the Native Americans of the European
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 81674-004-1F328DE1.jpg (128 KB, 588x403) Image search: [Google]
81674-004-1F328DE1.jpg
128 KB, 588x403
Would you vaccinate all of the Native Americans of the European diseases before it killed of 80% of them?
If not why?
>>
>>464389
No, because America as we know it wouldn't exist.
>>
>>464394
If anything thats an improvement
>>
>>464389
My knowledge of medicine isn't all that it could be, but wouldn't the vaccine itself basically kill them either way?

Either way, from a purely utilitarian standpoint one could probably make a point for the vaccination of the central and south american civilizations that had advanced knowledge worth sharing and preserving for the improvement of civilization, but for the north american tribes, I don't see much of a point unless you are just out to mess with history as much as you can.
>>
File: 1451024578821.jpg (29 KB, 317x357) Image search: [Google]
1451024578821.jpg
29 KB, 317x357
>>464410
>advanced knowledge worth sharing and preserving
Pic related
Also, Vaccines wouldn't kill them, it would just give them autism :^)
nah but seriously, Assuming the medication is up to modern standards it wouldn't unless they had an allergic reaction.
Vaccines work by giving you weak or dead versions of the disease in question, exposing the immune system to it in a controlled environment, so it wouldn't get the chance to propagate as wildly as it would if they weren't exposed at all.
>>
1-That % is a horrid exageration
2-Native americans are better off dead,I know this first hand living in south america,they are detrimental to civilization
>>
File: tenochtitlan11.jpg (110 KB, 725x448) Image search: [Google]
tenochtitlan11.jpg
110 KB, 725x448
>>464420
My knowledge on the matter is sparse and I will not cite exact information for A - laziness of looking for sources and B - fear of innacuracy, but we had a thread about Tenochtitlan a couple days ago, with various anons discussing how the major south american civilizations of the time were actually quite adept at urban engineering at a local and perhaps a national level, with things such as smart use of waterways for transport and the like being very well understood by them.
>>
>>464431
>That % is a horrid exageration
[citation needed]
>I know this first hand living in south america,they are detrimental to civilization
Explain
Unless you are from Brazil
>>
>>464389
Of course I would. Only an edgy neckbeard would be fine with letting millions of humans die. They think being an cold blooded faggot makes them cool.
>>
>>464431
I disagree with both points.
>>
>>464439
Brazil has almost no natives,though they still find a way to be a pain in the ass.
Natives just ruin everything,the more natives or the more native admiture the shittier,backwards and ignorant a place is.
I hate when anglos romanticize them,they are scum.
>>
>>464389
fucking look at everything south the the US, of course I wouldn't
>>
>>464454
Anglos? The fuck? What do Brits have to do with it?
>>
>>464389
Yes, because America as we know it wouldn't exist.
>>
>>464389
No.

It's an inconvenient truth, but the Americas are much better and more useful for humanity populated by Europeans than by native americans. Who contributed more to civilization : europeans living in north america for the past 400 years, or native americans living in America for the past thousands of years?

If Native americans had survived, the Americas would just be another Africa.
>>
>>466661
Should have kept it at "the last 400 years" for Native Americans as well. If you count the last few thousand years, Native Americans domesticated corn and potatoes, supercrops that were of great help to eliminate famines in Europe and Asia.
>>
>>466661
Tbqh most of America was colonized by the spaniards who simply saw the continent as nothing more than a giant resource field, americans where not allowed to anything in terms of developing technology and as a matter of fact they were forced to depend on the Iberian peninsula for commodities.

I believe westernized Aztecs, Mayas and Incas would be of a greater good to the human in the long run.
>>
File: z.png (6 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
z.png
6 KB, 1280x768
>>464389
because we don't need another whole race of people marked by autism.
>>
>>464389
Yeah, it would be funny to fuck up history like that.
>>
We need more North East and South East Asians to be honest. I'm Peruvian Mestizo, by the way.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.