[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which school of philosophy do you belong to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1328215910103.png (1 MB, 890x588) Image search: [Google]
1328215910103.png
1 MB, 890x588
Which school of philosophy do you belong to?
>>
I don't.
>>
>>463586
dropped out desu
>>
>>463586
I'm part of the analytical tradition so I think for myself.
>>
Continental Idealist. hegel a shit though
>>
Aristotelian makes the most sense to me desu
>>
>what meaningless label do you slap onto yourself to make you look smart??
>>
>>463586
Positivism
>>
>>463604
my condolences family
>>
>>463601

guaranteed no matter what way you live your life someone has already beaten you to it, studied it and put a label on it.
>>
>>463601
You can just describe your views on morality/justice/God/afterlife/purpose/etc. if it makes you feel any better. But saying I'm an X is easier.
>>
>>463587
Not even a mix of schools? Damn bro.
>>
>>463586
Post-Hegelian pessimist who laughs at the idea of ''absurdity''.
>>
File: 1445378326406.jpg (415 KB, 1750x2500) Image search: [Google]
1445378326406.jpg
415 KB, 1750x2500
>>463586
Hard to say OP.

A lot of them are too spooky.
>>
>>463653
>laughs at the idea of ''absurdity''.
Explains yourself.

t. Absurdist
>>
I don't like labelling myself because I don't like to be identified with people other than me
>>
>>463586
none. im a bachelor of ideas.
>>
>>463586
the school of retardation
>>
I am an anarchist vaguely interested in continental philosophy on the whole. I wouldn't say that I really "belong" to any school, as I am not well-educated enough to make such a choice.
>>
idealist
feels good man
>>
I'll be getting a degree in philosophy from a staunchly analytic university in a few months, but I like German idealism and Platonism. Religiously, I'm a Catholic.
>>
>>463785
You should study Chinese philosophy. From a modern anarchist's perspective the Confucian and Doaist classics can be interesting.
>>
>>463586
The TFW NO GF school of philosophical thought
>>
>>463785
Stirner's a pretty good fit there.
>>
I guess I'm an egoist, though I'm not actually all that committed to any particular ideal. I want to do what's good for me and live a simple life as best I can.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.