[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the ingredients required for a fanatical society?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1000 years.jpg (72 KB, 595x725) Image search: [Google]
1000 years.jpg
72 KB, 595x725
What are the ingredients required for a fanatical society?
>>
Insecurity, dogma, authority not being questioned, lack of empathy
>>
Losing a war and being recorded in history.
>>
>>462147
>Insecurity

my favourite meme
>>
>>462161

But it's true, if a society feels secure it usually isn't going to be fanatical. I'm talking about personal security. If the people believe their safety or way of life is in danger they will gladly do some of the most heinous things.
>>
whats wrong with fanaticism???
>>
>>462137
fanatism :^)
>>
>>462169
so if you're about to charge the beaches or normandy and are facing the genuine insecurity of a bullet blowing your brains out, that means you're a bad person with psychological problems
>>
>>462197

Where did I even suggest that? You have to take the other ingredients I listed into consideration.
>>
>>462174

It implies that the people who are following a course of action aren't choosing it freely, and aren't doing it for their own good, but are doing it for the benefit of society-at-large, or to empower their ideology.

I don't think you can describe simple self-interest as fanatical. But you can describe many cases where self-interest is ignored as fanatical.
>>
>>462197
and then you kill a bunch of POW's once you have taken the beachhead :^)
>>
Antisemitism
>>
>>462137
Monetary inflation never hurts.
>>
British tabloid "media"
>>
>>462369
They should have thought about that before they decided to be krauts.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.