[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was The Templar Order disbanded? Where did the surviving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1450864801087.png (999 KB, 1040x826) Image search: [Google]
1450864801087.png
999 KB, 1040x826
Why was The Templar Order disbanded?
Where did the surviving Templars go?
Do you like cute Templar girls doing cute Templar things?
>>
>>460371
I like cute girls regardless of whatever they're doing
>>
>>460378
Even if they're gassing Jews?
>>
File: 41593155_p0.jpg (221 KB, 740x943) Image search: [Google]
41593155_p0.jpg
221 KB, 740x943
>>460379
Yeah
anything
>>
>Why was The Templar Order disbanded?
Money.
>Where did the surviving Templars go?
Hiding.
>Do you like cute Templar girls doing cute Templar things?
Yes.
>>
>>460371
Why not just drop the pretense of discussion and repost the pics from the last identical thread.
>>
File: 1431492519932.png (141 KB, 640x797) Image search: [Google]
1431492519932.png
141 KB, 640x797
>>460434
>>
>>460371
Disbanded for their own safety when anti-templar weaponry was developed. They're still stored in ancient armories today.
I prefer cute boys.
>>
>>460395
Basically this. The Templar were extremely wealthy bankers, and many European countries owed them debts they couldn't (or didn't want) to repay. Especially the French. King Phillip IV convinced Pope Clement to V to excommunicated the Templar and brand them heretics. Basically ending their order. Leaving all of their riches and property to be seized by French and catholic kingdoms.
>>
File: 1449823465020.jpg (76 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
1449823465020.jpg
76 KB, 600x860
>>460918
Forgot the cute Templar girl pic.
>>
>>460371
Fuck off to pol already
>>
>>460371
>Why were the Templars disbanded

Because the fucking morons walked up to the French King and asked him to pay debts, and were already viewed as a dangerous and powerful organization to the Kings of Europe. The French King, who was good with the pope of the time, basically paid him off to have the Templars branded heretics and slaughtered.

>Where did they go?

Those that were not executed like the leaders were given a choice between execution as well or joining other orders like the Hospitallers. The sensible ones joined the Hospitallers.
>>
>>460922

No, you fuck off, and explain how this is not /his/.
>>
>>460371
>Why was The Templar Order disbanded?

The French King had a popularity crisis and the Templars gave him protection from a mob. Then, he realized the Templars were very rich. So, he decided to kill them and take their money.
Don't worry, fate acted, he died in the same year he killed the last Templar Grandmaster, all his sons were cucked and his daughter spent the end of her life in prison.

>Where did the surviving Templars go?

Joined the Hospitallers or other orders. Or became normal knights.
>>
What did the Templars do between the lose of the holy land and their arrest and how were they perceived?
>>
>>463317
They tried to get resources to start a new Crusade.
>>
>>460371
I know a templar personally
He's a huge shitposter
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.