[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: The Golden Lotus, etc.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
Hello /his/,

I have recently found myself infatuated with the practice of foot-binding in China. I find the painfulness of the initial procedures a major turn-off, but the aesthetics of the final product amazingly attractive. Oddly, I am not even disgusted by photography of the unwrapped lotus feet.

This practice pervaded life for women in China for so long, yet there is no real agreement on why the practice started. I have read at least three different versions of the origin of foot binding in China in studying the custom.

Am I the only one who finds this tradition beautiful, despite being excrutiatingly painful and extremely inconvenient?

What other historical and out-dated beautification practices are your favorites /his/?
>>
>>457485
I find it disgusting. But whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>457489
Do you have an odd, out-dated historical standard for beauty that you find attractive?

>>Ohaguro?
>>Massive French powdered wigs?
>>Corsets?
>>
If I took that off, would you die?
>>
>>457516
Women all over east and southeast asia would stain their teeth black.

The Mayans considered crossed eyes to be beautiful and dangled small objects in front of babies faces to make them stay that way.

Most black african men are utterly disgusted by women with uncircumcised vaginas.
>>
File: datass.jpg (59 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
datass.jpg
59 KB, 500x750
>>457516
>Do you have an odd, out-dated historical standard for beauty that you find attractive?
I like big butts and I can not lie
>>
>>457516
>>457535
Don't forget how in America they find mutilating one's penis to be attractive
>>
>>457541
>Don't forget how in America they find mutilating one's penis to be attractive
They don't know what they are missing, the foreskin is so sensitive. When she plays with her tongue around it, you really go crazy.
>>
>>457535
Black teeth.
Chewing Betel nut is not a fashion statement.
>>
>>457535
It's the women who obsess over it.
>>
>>457541
Put a spike through the head.
Palang?
Thank you, but no.
>>
>>457516
>Do you have an odd, out-dated historical standard for beauty that you find attractive?

I like the bush.
>>
File: AREIZOO.gif (33 KB, 296x289) Image search: [Google]
AREIZOO.gif
33 KB, 296x289
>>457485
>the aesthetics of the final product amazingly attractive.

IF YOU REGARD DEFORMED FEET AS "ATTRACTIVE", YOUR AESTHETIC SENSIBILITY IS PERVERTED.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.