[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypothetically, if you were a terrorist with a time machine,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: The_Time_Machine.jpg (299 KB, 1015x761) Image search: [Google]
The_Time_Machine.jpg
299 KB, 1015x761
Hypothetically, if you were a terrorist with a time machine, and you could kill one person at any point in time to cause the most damage to humanity, who would you kill?
>>
Alexander the Great before he could conquer Asia and establish a dynasty that would unite all people under one flag. Just imagine, it would probably take another thousand years before another conqueror of his caliber could create a world order. Can you imagine living a thousand years ago? Wouldn't even be able to post from Mars.
>>
>>456732
Alexander's empire barely lasted a single generation
Also >unite all people
You mean Macedonia, Greece, Mesopotamia, Egypt, as far as he could get into India, and Persia which at the time was like half the world's population to be fair but hardly ALL people.
>>
>>456724
>Most damage to humanity
Stalin, easily. His sudden death triggers WWIII
>>
>>456732
>conquered Asia
Literally, what? He died when he was 32. Everyone knows it was Lenin that united the workers of the world in revolution, and created the World Union of Soviet States, and was directly responsible for founding the space program that put our two colonies on Mars
>>
>>456724
Charles Martel before the Battle of Tours. You said I am a terrorist, right? ALLAHU AKBAR!
>>
>>456794
This

Or John III Sobieski so that Poland never joins the battle of Vienna. Hapsburgs BTFO, Ottoturk domination of Germany soon after.
>>
the guy who invented fire and/or language
>>
I'd kill Sun Yat Sen before he could implement his succession plan. I image if he died early you would go back to fragmented warlords and China would not come out of WWII so strong and establish hegemony. The west, be it America or Europe might actually have a chance to rebuild from WWII and keep China in check before they could dominate world politics. We'd probably be fighting WWIII or something. Then again, maybe it would be better for some of the tributary states.
>>
>>456802
>China
>Coming out of WWII
>Strong

top kek
>>
Kill Confucius

>Confucianism never created
>Less science and knawledge for all of east Asia
>China interacts differently with Mongolia
>Chingiz never born
>No Yuan empire
>Marco Polo has significantly different journey
>Different diary
>Coumbus reads it
>Decides not to sail west
>Old world has more advanced technology and knawledge when they hit the Americas
>Slaughter natives a whole lot more efficiently
>No 'Murica
>No fucking clue what happens next
>>
>>456732

Probably this desu senpai.

The further back you go the more damage done. You could go back further but this is a pretty good place to start since Alexander brought about the first act of Globalization (albeit on a local level). Before Alexander the Mediteranean and Middle East were scattered and made up of small states. After Alexander, the idea of great nations arose and freedom of travel, exchange of culture and preservation of knowledge all came from the wake of his exploits.

No Alexander, no Roman empire. No dominating western ideals. No christianity. No age of exploration, etc. etc.

The world would look very different. Better or worse is impossible to know, but the world today would be totally unrecognizeable.
>>
>>456724
>not understanding how causality works and the resolution of the so-called Grandfather 'paradox'
>>
Karl Marx
>end all forms of marxism
>europe and the world is saved from mass genocides and poverty
>>
>>457690
He said cause most damage
>>
>>456724
Adam :^)
>>
Ghengis Kahn, the middle East would be better place. *fingers crossed*
>>
>>456732
>>456793
>>456802
Fuck, it's happening.
>>
I'd kill my own grandfather then fuck my grandmother

to complete the cycle
>>
Winston Churchill
No doubt
>>
>>457694
There were a lot of guys named Adam
>>
>>456732
>No Martian Macedonian Empire

>>456793
>No world wide worker's paradise

>>456802
>No Middle Kingdom reigning supreme

Thanks a lot guys for helping the terrorists. The terrorists have won.
>>
Prominent scientists and engineers aren't as important individually since science is basically a cumulative effort, so taking say, Newton out would simply mean his discoveries would be delayed but not prevented. So it leaves us with two other fields that are much more dependent upon individual discretion and particular contingencies, namely spirituality and politics. Anyway my choices would be either one of those guys:

>Hammurabi
>Moses
>Cesar
>>
>>457690
Hey there Hoover.
>>
>>458205
Moses wasn't real. Mythos of fictional characters is basically a cumulative effort.

>ceasar
>some time traveller has gone back in time and stabbed the emperor
Fuck you terrorists. Stop helping the terrorists.
>>
My own grandfather ;^)
>>
I go back in time and stab myself as a baby, because everything goes away when I die
>>
Stanislav Petrov
>>
>>458156
He is speaking of Adam Smith, writer of "The Wealth of Nations" and founder of capitalism.
>>
>>456724
>Commodus
Pax romana extended. The problem is we would never know how long. Other option would be constantine which would result in christianity never being completely adopted and a wifer range lf religions in europe, from local pagan beliefs to cults like that of mithra.
>>
>>456724
Mitochondrial Eve
>>
>>457700
His grand nephew Kublai Khan is the one who invaded the Middle East. That fucker is the reason why large portions of antiquity history is vague. He burned down the Baghdad library. The Khans are the reason why derka derka Islam became a thing. At the time the Muslims were living like modern Europeans. They partied, drank, and fucked women/men openly. The invasion of the mongols to the fundamentalists was a sign from Allah that their decadent lifestyle was punishment for not living to the word of Allah.
>>
a time machine ?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MvacG_nhD34
>>
>>456724
Hitler.

Imagine how fucked the world would be if the Jews... Oh fuck wait WE HAVE TO GO BACK DOC
>>
>>457690
>Anarchists take over radical left-wing politics
>Guerillas and terrorists all around
>>
>>460549
gb2 /neanderthal/
>>
>>460611
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Baghdad_(1258)

>Survivors said that the waters of the Tigris ran black with ink from the enormous quantities of books flung into the river and red from the blood of the scientists and philosophers killed.

wow, and I thought us whites were living through the great cuckening
>>
>>460695
The mongols cucked 5% of the world population and killed 11% of the world population. They are the bulls of history. Asians and Arabs are the great cucklords. Their rampant anti-intellectualism is their downfall. They also introduced the plague to Europe as a bioweapon. They launched infected dead bodies with rats onto cites as a siege tactic. These fuckers were worse than the Nazis. They make the Nazis look like schoolgirls.
>>
>>460758
even tho china is shit now they invented a lot of shit and were pretty hardcore in seeking knowledge of the universe
>>
franz ferdinand
>>
I'd probably go back in time and kill Alfons Hatler, so he never pegs the Reichsmark to the dollar and sells Bavaria to Austria, making Germany a great peaceful nation again after the Only Great War.
I wonder what kinda weirdo would take his place, but hey what's the worst that could happen.
>>
>>460851
huehuehe
>>
>>457690
Muh Second International :(
>>
>>460505
>founder of capitalism

welp
>>
File: abc.jpg (391 KB, 908x772) Image search: [Google]
abc.jpg
391 KB, 908x772
This thread has 43 replies and not a single image
What the fuck man, we're an imageboard you meatheads
>>
>>456724
Adam
>>
>>456800
Fire would be easily discovered later and nobody ever "invented" language
>>
Stalin

I hate the meme bullshit against stalin, such as blaming him for soldier deaths because of himan wave tactics, but he was kind of like macarthur and was a ruined person due ti the war.
>>
>>460758
That was one guy and he was pissed that his enemies where praising god for the plague massacring his men, so he threw their bodies into the city.
>>
>>460505
Hes talking about adam and eve numbnuts. If he replaced Adam and fucked eve, humans wouldnt have sin in their blood.
>>
>>461926
Anon probably would make Adam look like jesus
>>
>>456724
JFK
It's a alittle sad that the US never admitted the Middle East as the the 52nd state, Saudi Israelia. 1000 years of pax Americana ensued, with American anf Jewish inginuety creating our Mars outposts.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.