[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>French people complain about monarch >Gets overthrown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Ney.jpg (23 KB, 220x279) Image search: [Google]
Ney.jpg
23 KB, 220x279
>French people complain about monarch
>Gets overthrown
>Everybody happy
>Napoleon makes himself monarch
>People love him
>Eventually they get mad and want to throw monarch out again
Why are lower class people so stupid? Its always a dictator who saves them but then they want a democracy again
>>
this is the worst paraphrasing i've ever read
>>
>>455844
>greedy monarchs accrue mountains of wealth
>wage pointless wars that mean nothing to the people
>have them fight and die in them
>let them starve to the point of rebellion

Why are upper class people so stupid?
>>
>>455861
>Pointless wars
Name one pointless war in history
>>
>>455869
>Napoleonic Wars
>necessary

Cool story friend.
>>
>>455884
HRE and co. were afraid of republicanism taking over their country so they were forced to declare war to stop a revolution before it began
>>
File: RevolutionaryWars.png (281 KB, 1645x984) Image search: [Google]
RevolutionaryWars.png
281 KB, 1645x984
>>455891
These are the French Revolutionary Wars (pic related), not the Napoleonic Wars
The Napoleonic Wars were started by Britain in 1803 for whatever reason
>>
>>455891
One thing is protecting the country against invading armies, which is understandable. Another is dragging your fucking army to Russia to piss off the British.
>>
>>455844
Yeah, Napoleon sure did a great job saving France from getting invaded by all of Europe.
>>
>>455898
>>455900
Napoleon and France together was a powerhouse capable of controlling all of Europe, the Napoleonic wars were wars of liberation for Europe from under Napoleons boot
>>
>>455912
>the Napoleonic wars were wars of liberation for Europe

Napoleon pls go.
>>
>>455915
I mean from the Anti-Napoleon point of view, Austria, Spain, Russia, Portugal, Prussia, all being forced to comply with the whims of Napoleon
>>
>>455915
Maybe you should finish reading the sentence son
>>
>tfw Neyfag
>>
>>455931
Ney was pretty god-tier until Russia
>>
>>455937
Yeah I know. Thats why it hurts.
>>
>>455931
>you will never be a general under Marshal Ney
feels bad man
>>
>>455844

The french people didnt overthrow Napoleon. It was a coalition of countries + the old french nobility.
>>
>>455844
Because Louis was a cuckold and napoleĆ³n was an alpha
>>
>>455869
ww1 just fucked over everybody that got into it for fuckall gain.
Falklands are just sheep and shit so a war over them was dumb.
The war of Jenkins ear
The football war
>>
>>456169
WWI started out over a meaningless excuse but it was quickly over taken by Balkan and Danubian nationalism, which was very important
The rest are meme wars
>>
It wasn't the French people who did it
>Can't mischief the rosbif
>>
>>456169
I don't think you're allowed to call Yetis "shit" anymore
>>
>what is la terreur
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.