[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Robespierre did nothing wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1448328427640.jpg (2 MB, 3968x1632) Image search: [Google]
1448328427640.jpg
2 MB, 3968x1632
Reminder that Robespierre did nothing wrong
>>
Danton was a mistake.

Also he cared too much about countering atheism. The main issue of the revolution was not the virtues and lack thereof of the people, or the english and counterrevolutionnary plots, but the generalized corruption of the new and not so new elites.
>>
>>451691
>>452006
This guy is right about Danton also he should have ended the terror after the army began winning
>>
File: reactionaries.jpg (52 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
reactionaries.jpg
52 KB, 480x270
>>451691
>dfw people save your OC
>>
>>452006
>>452007
Yeah you're definitely right. But at this time do you think leaving the church alone would work out okay for the new government? They still held a ton of sway and had all of catholicism in Europe to help out
>>
>>451691
>3000 killed by the various inquisitions over a period of 400 or so years
>30,000 killed under Robespierre's orders in a single year
>>
>>453667
>3 million died in napoleon's wars
But that's okay
>>
>>453667

So if he had killed only 3000 people, you would have been fine with him?
>>
>>453654
Robespierrre didn't do much about catholics as far as I know (which is not that far). The confiscation of the church's properties and its forcible reorganisation into a republican and democratic institution did enough damage and that happened before Max got to power.

>>453667
Do you have a source for that 30000 ?
I remember that the terror only killed 2500 people in Paris.
>>
>>454218
>I remember that the terror only killed 2500 people in Paris.
The September Massacre alone was around that number.
>>
>>451691
>Standing orders to kill certain classes of people on sight without trial
>Nothing wrong
Pick one
>>
>>453675
Two wrongs doesn't make a right.
>>
>>454218
>Robespierrre didn't do much about catholics as far as I know
Then you don't know shit.
>Laws allowed that any priest could be killed on sight without trial
>Anyone "harboring" a priest could also be killed on sight
>Monks were locked into oubliettes and left to starve to death
>Mass execution of nuns for the crime of being nuns
Read a fucking book
>>
>>453675
Killing people in war is judged historically in a different light than executing your own people en masse.
>>
>>454250
Might have been 2500 guillotined.
The september massacres weren't part of the governmental terror anyway.
This one and the other mass murders in Lyon, Vendée and the rest were out of Robespierre's direct responsibility.
>>454291
Source ? I indeed never read about such a law.
>>
>>451691
Good thing Nappy ended this savagery.
>>
The quick blood shed at once in France is nothing compared to the slow blood drawn by the monarchs for centuries before.
>>
>>454499
It's like saying the Czar's family execution wasn't part of the October Revolution because Lenin did not directly order it.
>>
>>455768

>you want to give blood today?
>here, let me slice lengthwise down your femoral artery
>>
>>453675

>dying in a war is the same as being executed by a peasant mob
>>
>>456586
>peasant mob
Actually urban proletariat. The peasants had to good sense of sticking to what they know.
>>
>>456549
The thread is about what Robespierre did, not what can be seen as part of the revolution.

>>456686
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Fear
>>
>>456778
>The thread is about what Robespierre did, not what can be seen as part of the revolution.
Right, two completely different things.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.