[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was it so hard to be a Jew in Europe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: map-660x504.png (229 KB, 660x504) Image search: [Google]
map-660x504.png
229 KB, 660x504
Why was it so hard to be a Jew in Europe?
>>
>>449992
It's always been hard to be a Jew period. One of the most isolated groups in history.
>>
>>449992
Because Europeans don't like getting ripped off.
>>
because money-lending and banking jobs were seen as unholy or greedy by the religious people of the time and the jews did all these jobs. So they carried out pograms to take all the wealth back usually. Something like this?
>>
It wasn't. The Jews made it hard for themselves by poisoning the wells.
>>
>>449992
>Pick a job hated by the masses
>Whine about getting kicked out.
>>
>>453463
>have no possibility but to pick job hated by the masses
>get kicked out
>>
>>453552
This desu. Same thing with the Templars, 'cept they chose their fate.
>>
>>453571
If you had a shitload of money back then, you'd best find a way to defend it, otherwise some cunt will always end up taking it and killing you in the process. The Templars had the means sure, until the Pope was kekked by the King of France to in turn cuck the Templars. Jews never had anyone protecting them
>>
>>453578
>Jews never had anyone protecting them

Completely false, several kings and other grandees protected them. There's a reason there's so many cities in the map.
>>
>>451298
Why is that? I never understood why Jews are always hated on. I mean, besides money-lending in Europe, there seems to be a pattern in history.
>>
>>453601
I really want examples of this, because AFAIK they had tenuous alliances, at best,
>>
>>453621
Money-lending is no small thing. Besides that, Jews generally managed all financial affairs. Ever heard of the Rothschilds?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court_Jew

Whenever a European noble was doing business with someone, they would basically say "I'll have my Jew contact your Jew, we'll see what we can work out."

>>453633
Poland became the center for Jews in Europe mainly because its kings often wrote laws protecting them. Louis X of France recalled an expulsion and placed them under protection which lasted for eighty years.

They did well in Austria too, starting from Joseph II's Edict of Tolerance. Ludwig Wittegenstein's family were Austiran Jews who converted to Christianity and became the second-wealthiest family in Europe, right behind the Rothschilds.
>>
>be Jewish
>get forced out of almost every profession but banking
>your religion also doesn't prohibit interest tax
>dumbshits keep asking for money
>they can't pay it back
>this is somehow all your fault
>>
>>455927
Jews were hated centuries before that happened, because they supposedly killed Christ.
>>
>>455927

>be jewish
>cut the foreskin of your son because muh fairytale told you so
>>
>>455935
Jesus was a jew
The Bible was based off of a jewish holy book
WHY WOULD THEY THINK THAT?
>>
>>455947
Are you implying that if a Jew kills another Jew it doesn't count as murder?

Furthermore, the judaists didn't consider Jesus a Jew until rather recently. During his lifetime they accused him of being a Samaritan and after he died they invented stories about him being actually a son of a Roman soldier.
>>
>>455935
Even before that. Babylonian Captivity, Egyptian Exodus (if you believe it). I guess being a homogeneous monotheistic culture that claims land of their own and cuts the tips of baby's dicks off would be hard to get along with.

"Hi welcome to Canaan."
"This is ours. God gave it to me."
"Which god?"
"KILL THIS HEATHEN!!"
>>
>>455927
>>your religion also doesn't prohibit interest tax
I thought it did
>>
>>449992
In the early modern period, a court Jew was a Jewish banker who handled the finances of, or lent money to, European royalty and nobility. Court Jews were needed because usury did not apply to them, whereas it did to Christians.

>usury did not apply to them
>Usury is the practice of making unethical or immoral monetary loans that unfairly enrich the lender.

Why wouldn't they be hated
>>
>>455927
How is it your fault if you keep lending it out? You could just leave.
>>
>>456144
It only prohibits intrest tax against other jews. Non-jews its encouraged to give intrest.
>>
>>455939
>be american
>cut the foreskin of your son because whatevs
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.