[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Religious people: how would your worldview change if extraterrestrial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: toy-story-3-aliens.jpg (75 KB, 600x469) Image search: [Google]
toy-story-3-aliens.jpg
75 KB, 600x469
Religious people: how would your worldview change if extraterrestrial aliens were real and did not have any religion? They are technologically equal to or superior to modern day humans.

Non-religious: how would your worldview change under similar circumstances, but the aliens had a religion that was very similar to Christianity, but with people/locations changed to match their home world?
>>
No takers?
>>
File: 1315781068251.jpg (44 KB, 480x457) Image search: [Google]
1315781068251.jpg
44 KB, 480x457
>>449272
>how would your worldview change under similar circumstances, but the aliens had a religion that was very similar to Christianity, but with people/locations changed to match their home world?

It wouldn't change. But it would be the first time in history the same religion popped up independently of each other in two places (one of the many reasons I think religions are false, but certainly not the top reason)
>>
>>449509
That's because only one can be the chosen people anon
>>
>>449517
The Aryans?
>>
>>449517
Yeah because 2 chosen people would be silly. After all, you can't have 2 best friends or 2 favorite flavors of ice cream.
>>
>>449272
If opinions were my go to, I wouldn't be what I am
>>
Humans are the new Jews. We're the chosen race and God is only the Human God.
>>
UFOs are a demonic phenomena.

What we know as "aliens" are infact the demons/fallen angels of the Bible.

OP: what if your evolutionist/heliocentric world-view was proven wrong?
>>
>>449538
Well, if the phrase "chosen people" is thrown around for every species the phrase chosen people becomes a little void now doesn't it?
>>
>>449659
Not if each Chosen People get together and form an Überjudentums
>>
>>449658
this.

research the bluebeam NWO deception
>>
>>449676
>>449658
>>>/x/
>>
>>449686
>well-known documented facts belong in /x/

>>>/Reddit/
>>
>>449686
>if you disagree with me you're x!!

Kill yourself
>>
Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

The Bible describes alien greys by calling them `frogs` in the book of Revelation.

If you look at a grey alien picture, it does resemble a frog.
>>
Aliens arent human, why would religion apply to them?
>>
>aliens
ayy lmao

>>>/x/
>>
Atheists: how would you react when Jesus Christ returns?

I want to see the look on your face so badly.
I want to lick those tears of terror.
>>
I have experienced God directly. Nothing would really change for me. Regardless of what happens. I believe sentient alien beings exist anyways
>>
>>449658
The premise isn't "what if demons masquerading as aliens existed."

I am asking what if authentic extraterrestrial, sentient life existed.
>>
>>449742
Out of curiosity, would you attempt to convert them? If so, how?

>>449740
Well I guess I'd be wrong. Of course, it'd be petty hard to prove that you're the son if god. How would I know versus a demon paying tricks?

>>449701
See >>450039

>>449710
Do you think aliens wouldn't have culture, philosophy, etc? Or do you think that the various prophets and gods of the earth wouldn't ever mention that sentient life beyond earth exists?
>>
>>450039
There does exist other life, they are called angels/demons in both the Bible and other ancient sources.

They are not physical ETs from another planet, they are supernatural from another dimension.

The vast majority of UFO footage shows orbs of lights defying the laws of physics and seemingly shifting in and out of existence.

People have also reported that crying out in the name of Jesus ends an abduction immediately.
Why would aliens be afraid of the name of Jesus?
>>
>>449272
>Non-religious
I'd change my worldview to the view that an intelligent races tend towards making legends and superstitions, be they alien races or human. Bear in mind that Christianity shares many characteristics with past religions.
>>
>>450074
Jesus fucking Christ, how are you not able to understand a simple hypothetical?

No wonder you believe that UFO = demon horseshit. Your mind is completely fucked.
>>
File: 1450637491180.jpg (225 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1450637491180.jpg
225 KB, 700x700
>>449690
>well-known
>documented
by who and what standard?
>>
>>450067
I would not try to convert them. I leave people and aliens alone equally . Everyone has their own path I'm not the one to direct it.

My personally bonding with God is what is important to me not what other people believe in.
>>
File: url.jpg (11 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
11 KB, 212x238
Am I the only one here who doesn't give a fuck about religious discussion? Jesus christ, can we all talk about something that we are all 100% sure ACTUALLY HAPPENED? No one gives a shit about the validity of fairy tales except the 8-10 of you fags who keep making these threads.
>>
>>451329
Then go post in threads you like, you retard.
>>
>>451342
theistfags on here are really fucking annoying. Do 70% of you do nothing but try to insult?
>>
>>451860
Shut the fuck up you godless communist.
>>
File: 1435292425677.png (2 MB, 953x708) Image search: [Google]
1435292425677.png
2 MB, 953x708
>All these Christians being bluepilled thinking that UFOS are fallen angels or demons
Yoy could not be further from the truth
>>
>>451883
It is the truth you retard.

Look up AGE OF DECEIT on youtube.
>>
>>451884
Believe what you want, thousands of people follow ashtar command and have seen the ships
>>
>>451891
You are being deceived and manipulated.

The whole New Age movement is demonic. It is based on Blavatsky´s Theosophy and occult Luciferian agenda.

They are setting up the stage for the Antichrist.
>>
File: pozadi_0b_en.jpg (137 KB, 842x595) Image search: [Google]
pozadi_0b_en.jpg
137 KB, 842x595
>>451898
Of course everything that you disagree with is done by lucifer and demons. Even UFOS of people who want to help us. Surely I'm the one being deceived
>>
>>451911
Mate, I used to believe in the exact same David Icke shit you believe in now.

Keep looking for the truth, you are going to be surprised. I´ll be waiting for you at the top of the mountain.
>>
File: pozadi_0e_en.jpg (85 KB, 885x595) Image search: [Google]
pozadi_0e_en.jpg
85 KB, 885x595
>>451917
I've found the truth. No need to keep going on about how everyone else is deceived. I'll see you in space one day
>>
>>451924
You keep worshipping your demonic fallen demons.
>>
>>449658
M nigh shamalamalan pls go
>>
>>449272
>Religious people: how would your worldview change if extraterrestrial aliens were real and did not have any religion? They are technologically equal to or superior to modern day humans.
Wouldn't change much.

I still believe in evolution.
>>
>>451934
Well congrats, you believe in a fairy tale.

>Evolution Debunked
http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html

>Kent Hovind debunks Evolution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shyI-aQaXD0

>Evolution is a modern fairy tale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjvuwne0RrE

>The Greatest Lie Ever Told
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1ufK04tjOI
>>
>>450952
I was told very clearly during an encounter with an angel. "Anal probes" are actually a purging of sexual sin. Think about it, the bright lights of heaven and the bright lights of a UFO tractor beam are the same.
>>
File: spurdo ayy lmao.png (20 KB, 326x272) Image search: [Google]
spurdo ayy lmao.png
20 KB, 326x272
>>449701
>If you look at a grey alien picture, it does resemble a frog.
ayy lmao
>>
>>451931
Underrated
>>
>>451934
You don't think your god would have revealed himself to another sentient race?
>>
File: 1449760271369.png (841 KB, 750x854) Image search: [Google]
1449760271369.png
841 KB, 750x854
Non-denominational Christian here.

It'd be just like finding a civilization of atheists, IMO. It would pose some interesting questions about the nature of salvation, the soul, and whether they would live on in the afterlife. Kind of like "will my dog go to heaven" scaled way, way up.

If you're asking whether it would make me an atheist, well, not me personally but I can see how it would change some people's minds, kind of the way the theory of evolution did. It depends on the reasons that people believe what they do.
>>
Also, I seriously hope people aren't implying that we should take technological advancement as an indication that a society is in every way superior to us. Technology and religion don't have very much to do with one another.
>>
It wouldn't affect my religious beliefs in the slightest. God created the entire Universe, I'm sure he put quite a few things in there to amaze us and challenge us.

Also, when it is said that God created Man in his image, I don't take that as literally saying that how we look is how God look. I've always interpreted it as meaning that He created us in his image by giving us emotions, logic, intelligence, setting us apart from the animals around us. It just seems more logical that way, I mean why the fuck would god have a penis and arms and legs when he is immaterial.
>>
>>453379
You're alright anon
>>
>Religious people: how would your worldview change if extraterrestrial aliens were real and did not have any religion? They are technologically equal to or superior to modern day humans.
It would depend, did they have religion but abandoned it over time? If that is the case then my faith might be a litle shaken.
But if they just never developed any religion at all, then I believe they are just in need of some catechism.
>>
>>449509
But this is demonstrably false. There are tons of elements from various religions that are always interconnected. A story of creation that usually involves a deity creating man out of dirt or clay, a flood story, a story of destroying a wicked city or people, a story about a Chosen People (usually the practitioners of a religion) being led away from some danger, a story about sacrifice, etc etc

You could argue that these points are just common recurring elements because of some facet of human nature, or some proto-religion that all humans shared, but the fact is it is there. So saying shit like Mr. Trashman said, "If religion were destroyed it would never be rediscovered the same way" is silly. First of all, you can't fucking know that because it's never happened, and claiming that with utmost certainty is illogical and arrogant. But secondly, we can observe and have observed that many religions share common motifs and themes, so it may be certainly possible that religion would appear independently in two areas, and would evolve similarly enough to those we have today to cause speculation.
>>
This question is more interesting when it's framed as finding an isolated Utopian civilization where everyone is happy and there is no crime, and they also do not have religion.

I recommend reading Aldous Huxley's book "Island" or Thomas Moore's "Utopia." Or any Utopian literature for that matter.
>>
>>453436
BNW is a better representation of an Utopia.
And one that humanity is slowing crawling towards.
>>
>>453448
I agree with you on the second part. But BNW isn't written in such a way that it is meant to glorify its subject matter. You remember the part about the tribalists who are trying to keep human culture going in spite of the Soma machine, right?
>>
>>453471
And also how miserable they looked compared to civilized society, yes.
I know that wasn't Huxley's intent, but a world where everyone is always happy needs a heavy dose of demonizing to make it seem as a bad thing.
Like being literally run by the devil.
>>
>>453491
Well, we're living in a day and age where we're watching BNW come true. Do you think it's good that the masses are self-opiating at the cost of making themselves stupider? Do you think a high overall quantity of happiness is a good thing at all costs, even if we start to lose our autonomy?

I'm curious whether you've ever read Thus Spoke Zarathustra, the start of it in particular where Zarathustra gave a speech about the "last man" who has "invented happiness."
>>
>>453507
The general masses have always been stupid though and it is always the elites that hold any meaningful power. And even when one elite is overthrown another one just takes its place and the situation just changes name.
BNW just takes that to the logical conclusion, the ilusion of choice is taken away and replaced by a nanny state that is actually concerned with the well being of everyone.
Hell, even Helmholtz and Bernard that were very dislocated, for different reasons, in that society apparently found their place and happyness in some Island.
It is just a question of what one values more, identity or happyness.
I'd rather be happy than to be unique.
>>
>>453575
I agree that both versions of society in BNW are plausible and that the only reason to favour one over the other is personal values. I was just curious whether that's what you were personally saying or not.

I guess what it means is there will be an intellectual elite that doesn't buy into the "happiness machine" and carries about their business as usual. But don't you think those people would want their children to also grow up separated from the "happy people factory" and experience life the way they do? People have a tendency to pass their values on to their children, especially socially conservative people.
>>
>>453596
I do think the elite would buy into the happyness machine. Just in a different way, they know what needs to be done to ensure everyones happyness, the only way to ensure the continuation of life as it was in BNW was to continue to make the future world controllers trough the baby factories, so they could learn without a doubt how things work.
You can't ensure your children will be as sucessful as you. You can't ensure they will take up your values or understand how to run such a complicated machine. I think a real life example would be the Bush family, George was a sucess, he groomed his children to be sucessful just like him, it worked with George W., but with Jeb, not so much.
And we have no idea if the world controllers are social conservative in BNW, honestly, probably not, considering, what we would consider, rampant drug abuse and promiscuity that exist to maintain order.
>>
>>449740

>the false prophet arrives
>anon becomes his servant
>hahaha filthy heathens
>>
>>453399
That wasn't the intention. The only reason I included that in the premise is so smart asses couldn't be like "if it's a race of bacteria, of course they wouldn't have religion!"
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.