[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he's a biblical literalist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Girls.png (477 KB, 560x500) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
477 KB, 560x500
>he's a biblical literalist
>>
>>445407
>get btfo by science
>its just a metaphor guys lol
>>
>>445407
>he takes the Bible seriously
>>
>>445407
What is the point of teaching a religion though the bible if you'll just make it nothing more than a compilation of fables with some morals every now and then?
That's what Buddhism is for.
>>
>>445431
>buddhism is just fables with some morals thrown in

Please leave.
>>
>>445436
>ontological introspection is a valid method
Get out Heidegger.
>>
File: tumblr_mk6otqeyjU1rufb01o1_400.png (376 KB, 398x599) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mk6otqeyjU1rufb01o1_400.png
376 KB, 398x599
What use is a book if you can't apply the information to your real life?

What use is reading about having a soul that used to be/ is part of God's soul if you choose not to believe it?

What use is reading the Bible just to mock it afterwards?

What use is being too literal when what is between the lines hold more information than you can fathom?

>No its only what is written that's what it means
>non believers acting like they know what the Bible is about
>wants everyone to be an athiest

You guys think you are different than dogs because you drive a car, but you both are just eating and sleeping going from point a to b until you die. I am sure if I dog was capable of understand religion in the form of scripture it would.
>>
>>445436
Search in your heart, you it to be true. That's what's nice about it and all.
>>
>>445451
Why does this board have so many booty blasted Christians
>>
>>445451
> I am sure if I dog was capable of understand religion in the form of scripture it would.
Go to bed dog
>>
>>445450
>it isn't

searle pls
>>
>>445451
>What use is a book if you can't apply the information to your real life?
Entertainment and scholarly interest
>What use is reading about having a soul that used to be/ is part of God's soul if you choose not to believe it?
see above
>What use is reading the Bible just to mock it afterwards?
Most people don't mock the bible because the bible is a great book, but if one were to mock it they'd need to at least know a bit about it. People just mock others because they take ancient mythology at face value, which is absurd.
>What use is being too literal when what is between the lines hold more information than you can fathom?
I agree, the bible taken literally is a steaming turd, but as a set of myths, legends and parables it's brilliant. (depending on which book of the bible of course, leviticus isn't worth reading but Job is for example)
>>
>>445453
>blasted
Not yet
>>445454
Bad puppy
>>445487
It's more than the some OT mythology rips of Sumerian stories.
>>
>>445407
>he believes blindly in everything that says on the science books
>>
>>445606
there isn't a demographic on this board i hate more than the fedorafags

but being a biblical literalist is still retarded
>>
>>445606
>my ancient fairy tales are just as credible as scientifically supported theories that are the basis for all modern technology that makes anything work
>>
>>445630
why wouldn't they be, you clown

especially if they're purpose is to inform, educate, and enlighten on moral, social, and spiritual issues
>>
>>445487
>but as a set of myths, legends and parables it's brilliant
its not "brilliant".
i mean, its not bad, but its far from being significantly special.
Ill rather read the Bhagavad Gita for the myths, and parables and legends tbqh
>>
>>445407
>2016
>The Bible
>>
>>445660
christianity is pretty middling as far as literary/poetic quality of their holy texts goes.

book of job, ecclesiastes, the gospels, and the beginning of genesis are crack though
>>
>>445407
It's troubling but there are people like that. A friend of mine literally believes in that Hamite stuff about Africans.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.