[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This man said "everything in the world is rational"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
This man said "everything in the world is rational" but i don't really understand his philosophy right now; how can you say this after USSR, Auschwitz, Nazism. If everything is rational, what were the goals of these huge ideological mistakes of mankind ?

Can the philosophy of history of Hegel be still right and credible in our century ?
>>
If you cant see the rationality behind these things than you wont understand the rationality behind hegel
>>
>>444975
that's why i'm asking for help ! I haven't managed to read hegel's books, too complicated for me, but i've read books about him so explain me please.
>>
Reason as the faculty that conditions our experience of the world; he sets out from Kant here. He isn't saying that every single action ever taken was done because somebody looked over their syllogisms, found they were all sound, and proceeded to act exclusively on those rational principles. He means that the very perception of a historical event implies that reason is at work. This perception negates the original content of the event and produces a new negated negation (that is, interpretation) of the event in question. Apply this principle to everything and you get Hegelianism. The French Revolution was the end of history because it gave birth to the modern State, not because everybody suddenly started being logical when the Jacobins started chopping off heads.
>>
communism is pretty rational
>>
>>444995
So were others politic movements no ?
>>
>>444995
So were Italian fascism and the principles enshrined in the American Constitution.
>>
>>444988
Do you mean that what is rational in the world isn't human actions but the processus of "Thesis antithesis synthesis" ?
>>
>>444998
they were as well

they were wrong, their train of thought was wrong, but they were pretty rational as well
>>
>>444969

>USSR, Auschwitz, Nazism.

Nice try Moshe.
>>
>>445009
That's a shitty way to formulate the say the dialectic works but yes. Reason is God; Reason is the whole which is greater than the sum of all triads.
>>
File: 1442980237001-int.png (335 KB, 465x587) Image search: [Google]
1442980237001-int.png
335 KB, 465x587
>>444988
>The French Revolution was the end of history
>>
>>445005
Was fascism rational in their rejection of rationalism?
>>
>>447310
Nigga ain't you read Hegel or his commentators?
>>447313
Probably, since reason is at work in every action.
>>
>>444969
>List various shit that have nothing to do with each other

I'm so Jaded guyzz Xdxdxxdxxxxxxxd
>>
>>444969
Hi Adorno.

A Hegelian would probably (honestly) just say that these huge mistakes are necessary steps toward the Absolute.

Which is why Jews like Adorno and Benjamin got triggered so much by Nazism AND that they loved Hegel. They had to reconcile the fact that they like Hegel's historical progress towards freedom but it means a lot of people gotta die first.

Adorno's critique was to say history still works in dialectics, but there can be "negative dialectics." Instead of more rationality, we get a hidden irrationality in what seems to be more rationality. We've forgotten the purpose for more rationality, therefore rationality can be equally irrational.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 660x392) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 660x392
>>444969
Essentially in time matter cannot escape interacting with other matter, and this interaction produces a change which is different from the preceding matter. This new matter is a form of equilibrium. The equilibrium is interrupted by, again, coming into contact with more matter. Inside of a system there is constant interaction, and change. Inside of a biological system, such as a human being, this change and evolution is called autodynamism. This autodynamism also exists within a society. Society grows, develops, and evolves according to the interaction of different sub systems, or ideologies that are contained within the system.

Heraclitus is famous for producing this concept. He said that this strife, warring, and tension is common and happens in accordance with necessity. He referred the harmony of the tension to a bow or a lyre.

The fact that the universe is logically consistent is intuitive, organic structures, such as our bodies, couldn't exist if it weren't so.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.