[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So which one would you put on your tombstone then /his/? Atheist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: Military religious symbols .png (754 KB, 2262x1502) Image search: [Google]
Military religious symbols .png
754 KB, 2262x1502
So which one would you put on your tombstone then /his/?

Atheist here, but I would have the eagle as it best represents myself, and my beliefs, and the county I love.
>>
>>442949
>being an atheist and wanting to be buried

what a fucking waste of space, just get cremated.

Also it is hilarious that you feel too intelligent for religion yet still fall into basic traps like nationalism.
>>
Go ahead and put a fedora on it instead, it'll be less cringy.
>>
>>442954
This. I'd get cremated to avoid all the horrible corpse worship.
>>
>>442954
Your post lends to the idea that atheists worship their ego and their self just perfectly.

Thanks.
>>
>>442949
Cremation but hypothetically? Latin cross all the way.

T. Atheist
>>
Latin cross because the atheist one looks fedora as fuck.
>>
>>442954
>get cremated.
And waste all those valuable nutrients that plants spent years processing?

I'd personally like to be given as food to wolves, vultures or something, but since that is probably considered unhygienic, I would at least like to be buried naked directly in the ground.
>>
>>443039
>implying the belief in a supernatural father isn't the ultimate ego projection
>>
>So which one would you put on your tombstone then /his/?

Shinto with a side of Bahai is my favorite for tombstones. Most people favor Christianity, but eh, the texture is kinda weird imo?

And don't even THINK about ordering from Papa Yeshua's.
>>
THE BURIAL OF THE DEAD OUGHT TO BE PROHIBITED, AND EVENTUALLY ERADICATED AS A PRACTICE; IT IS AN ATAVISM FROM THE PALEOLITHIC, AND IT ENTAILS A WASTE OF SOIL AND EARTHSPACE; DEAD BODIES OUGHT TO BE CREMATED, OR OTHERWISE DESTROYED.
>>
File: 1779.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1779.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>443175
>>
>>443175
Why not grinding them and composting them, if you want a completely utilitarian practice?
>>
>>443175

JUST
>>
>>443175
Yeah, but cemeteries are basically solemn parks, and parks are nice.
>>
>>443157
you can do the whole eaten by nature thing, sky burials are very popular in india and other parts of asia.

They just leave you're corpse on a high rotting tower and wait for you to be eaten/decompose.

I like the idea of naked in the ground though, you could have a seed planted just a few inches above your chest.
>>
Crescent and Star
>>
File: 1398338065922.jpg (94 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1398338065922.jpg
94 KB, 600x400
>>443186
Takbir :^)
>>
>>443180
Did he say he wanted a utilitarian practice?

No.

LEARN TO READ
>>
>>443157
Zoroastrians do it.
>>
whats up with all these new age jap religion?
>>
File: M+94+-+1.jpg (176 KB, 750x981) Image search: [Google]
M+94+-+1.jpg
176 KB, 750x981
>>443175

lmao

>earthspace

Let me just trashput your post. Poser.
>>
>>443191
Opposing something because it is a "waste" is an utilitarian stance.
>>
>>442954
Nationalism is vital to innovation. Without competition there is nothing to ensure man kind continues to experiment, seeking unique solutions to problems outside of the main stream.

Religion is a belief in some imaginary higher power and deters self determination, whereas Nationalism is loyalty to a tangible ideal consisting of land, people, and shared values that originate from within the population.
>>
>>442949

I dont really care, but probably some catholic cross or symbol. My family and friends are mostly catholic and they are the ones who would come to see my tombstone.

I'm a donor and cremation seems better, so maybe there's not much to burry kek
>>
>>443239

who let the cancer out of /pol/?
>>
>>443233
>tangible
Far from it. You are talking about strong and valuable, but still subjective human constructs.

And considering how values would change from region to region, from city to city and even from profession to profession, I would argue that these are not even well defined, nigh-absolute constructs, but more like general trends.
>>
>>443233
No, i do think it was historically necessary for the formation of nation states and all that.
But it is quickly becoming irrelevant, the progress we see in the nationalist parties is a final rage against the dying of the light.

It is now becoming pointless, and regardless I can only respect those who embrace nationalism as the tool of the cynic.
>>
>putting symbols on your gravestone
Fuck that. Just put your name and birth and death dates.
>>
>>
>>442949
I'm atheist but I'd choose Farohar because it's rad as fugg
>>
>>442949
A pony, because friendship is magic.
>>
File: unicursal_hexagram.png (68 KB, 582x640) Image search: [Google]
unicursal_hexagram.png
68 KB, 582x640
>>
>>442949
>serving in the Imperial military
You have a choice, clones.
>>
>>442949
>no Daoist symbol

>no Confucian symbol

TRIGGERED
>>
The United Church of Christ one looks like some sort of occult alchemical symbol.

You go, United Church of Christ, four for you.
>>
>>443175
https://youtu.be/YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
Probs something from Gensokyo.

Sageru all you want but you'll never kill my Japanese spirit.
>>
Probably none of them, but that Sikh symbol looks really cool.
>>
>>443175
What books have been foundational to your thoughts and beliefs?
>>
Hammer, Thor's my bro all the way man. Wouldn't mind being buried with a nice tree over me for my ancestors to enjoy.
>>
Probably nothing, as I'm not a believer as of now. I've always liked the Lutheran rose though.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.