[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just how Slavic were eastern Germany and Austria during the Middle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11
File: image.png (38 KB, 1048x958) Image search: [Google]
image.png
38 KB, 1048x958
Just how Slavic were eastern Germany and Austria during the Middle Ages?

Wouldn't Adolf Hitler have many Slavic ancestors?
>>
eastern germany - very, the polabian slavs had lived there for about three or four centuries before the germans started with military campaigns and germanization
>>
AFAIK Berlin was settled by Slavs. Also cities like Stettin, Kolberg, Breslau and many, many more, that were German for a long time, have very slavic names.
>>
>>440618
>Bornholm slavs
Is this map from the Slav invasion of 1945?
>>
Germans and slavs were already closely related because of the common corded ware heritage

Most of my ancestry comes from Germans who lived in lower Silesia which is now modern day poland and I only have 1 percent east European dna despite lower silesia being in east europe
>>
>>440618
He wasn't Prussian, he was Austrian/Bavarian
>>
>caring about genealogies

We all descend from Noah's three sons.
>>
>>441907
Yes, many Austrians are descendants of Moravian and Carantian slavs. Historians aren't sure who lived north of the Danube in around present day Vienna during Samo. Most likely Moravian and Slavic tribes before The encroachment of Bavarians

He and his mother and somewhat of his father have Slavic in addition to typical Alpine features. He wasn't Nordic looking at all
>>
File: image.png (218 KB, 500x614) Image search: [Google]
image.png
218 KB, 500x614
Okay where it says Eastern March, (between Moravia and Carantania, including Vienna) who the fuck would live there before Bavarians circa 1000 AD.

Also, this area would be where most of Hitler's ancestors would come from
>>
>>441962
>Alpine

He was Norid (Dinarid + Nordid). Nothing Alpine about him at all.
>>
File: image.png (320 KB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
image.png
320 KB, 440x440
According to this some Avars and provably mostly Slavs lived here before the area was Germanized. Also, going further back, the population would be Romanized Latin speakers. So Hitler's line (since his parents ancestry was mostly from Lower Austria) would only be Germanic as far as 1000 years ago. And back then, his ancestry would be probably be considered more mixed with different non-Germanic peoples and the Germanic contribution would be negligible. Hitler wasn't even racially Germanic. Also his haplogroup was E1b1 shared with Greeks and North Africans. Probably bought over from Romans
>>
File: photo_111029.jpg (82 KB, 489x718) Image search: [Google]
photo_111029.jpg
82 KB, 489x718
>>441987
>only 1000 years
>only
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 900x1185) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 900x1185
>>441977
>nordid

He looks like a Slav mixed with some Mongoloid. He probably has a lot of Mongoloid Avar blood
>>
>>441997
You know absolutely nothing about racial anthropology, please stop posting.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 608x606) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 608x606
>>441997
look how mongol he looked
>>
>>442003
>>442003
>>442003
>2015
>purporting to know outdated 19th century anthropology and pseudoscience
>most likely an uneducated stormfag who never went to college, worshipping a mongoloid looking slav
>dumb stormfag autist/pol/tard who cannot enter or engage in academic debates for his life
>>
>>441997
Looks Italian as fuck
>>
>>441893
Because all three of them were built by Slavs. First keep in Szczecin was built in the 8th century, Kołobrzeg evolved from a keep in Budzistów (880) and Wrocław was founded by Czech duke Vratislav in 920s. Btw calling all three towns by their German names is top tier cuckoldry m8
>>
>>442038
There's nothing Mongoloid about him whatsoever you fucking retard.
>>
File: tips fedora.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>442003
>racial anthropology
>>
>>442515
>no Jew nose
>no curly hair
>no shit skin
>no brown eyes
>Italian as fuck

Nice try Giuseppe
>>
File: enrique-san-fco.jpg (45 KB, 580x498) Image search: [Google]
enrique-san-fco.jpg
45 KB, 580x498
>>443353
>all Italians are dark
>>
>>441972
It was inhabited by Slavs, connecting the Carantanians to the Moravians.
>>
>>441902

genetic continuity reveals that the slavs as a culture were invaders, the genetics of the peoples were already there.
>>
>>443655
genetic continuity in eastern europe was not to the extent of genetic continuity is southern and western europe (like france spain italy), which was more densely populated after roman times. population displacement was really heavy and measurable in eastern europe (except the south and balkans) and germanic migrations away into central and western europe actually left the whole region empty.
>>
File: 1450667534617.jpg (42 KB, 478x600) Image search: [Google]
1450667534617.jpg
42 KB, 478x600
I'm 0% East European (if you believe the khazar theory then perhaps a little bit) but I look Slavic as fuck

I have substantial """"""""""German"""""""""" heritage so I suspect there is slav genetics somewhere in there.
>>
>>443698
Nah. See Hungary for example. Migration theory would want you to believe there were the Celts, who got displaced by Germanics, who got displaced by Slavs, who got displaced by Magyars.

Genetics prove that the same people have been living in Hungary since the neolithic and just kept adopting different languages.
>>
>>443717
>Khazar theory
You're Jewish? Most Ashkenazis look either Eastern European or Caucasian (as in from the Caucausus).
>>
File: europe-eyes-general--lig.png (710 KB, 1600x847) Image search: [Google]
europe-eyes-general--lig.png
710 KB, 1600x847
>>443437
Yes, the "typical Italian" is dark. So a white skinned, blue eyed person doesn't look "Italian as fuck."
>>
>>440618
The Sorbs are still here.
>>
>>443752
That's a big generalization to make, most Ashkenazim I personally think look Mediterranean. Some like bar rafaeli obviously look like a yuropoor.

I'm distantly Jewish, but what I was saying in my post was that despite having no eastern European ancestors (at least explicitly stated) I look Slavic. Hence my reasoning that some of the German heritage in me is central/eastern European in origin.
>>
>>443824
>population of 70 thousand

Basically one bigger village. Most of them were germanized, like Michael Ballack for example has Sorbian ancestry.
>>
>>443834
What kind of Slavic? Russian, Czech, Serbian? That might explain a bit about you.
>>
>>443840
Don't forget Leibnitz
>>
>>443847
I'd say polish
>>
>>443863
Well, Poland used to be 30% Jewish at one point.
>>
>>443880
Sauce? I read ~17% leading up the holocaust
>>
There were never large populations there to begin with.
The whole Carpathian basin at 350 thousand sqkm had maybe 1 million inhabitants that time, thats 3 people per sqkm, most of them in ex-Roman Pannonia.

The Eastern March which formed Austria later was, as the name implies, a march, a buffer zone betweens Franks and Avars.

In the X. century after Eastern Franks lost to Magyars most of the area came under their rule, and stayed so for decades, and we know about no relevamt town east of Melk until you hit the capital of the slavic pannonian princiaplity, Mosaburg.
>>
>>443698

>genetic continuity in eastern europe was not to the extent of genetic continuity is southern and western europe (like france spain italy)
>western europe
>france
>spain
>italy

am I getting memed on? troll or do you genuinely believe this?
>>
>>443957
The East-Franks succesfully defeated the Magyars (Battle of Lechfeld)
>>
>>443808
No true italiansmen
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 1024x971) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 1024x971
>>443628
Moravians
>>
>>444417
This map says it was inhabited both by Carantanians and Moravians.
>>
>>444417
>Slovaks
>existing in 9th century

No.
>>
>>444432
pretty sure carantanians came from greater moravia
>>
>>444341
I put southern there also

I should have included Britain, so it wouldn't just be france. but, that's completely debatable
>>
>>444443
They came from two groups, one West Slavic and one South Slavic.
>>
>>444454
Are you sure? Slovenians in Austria, Slovenia and Italy don't look amything like Croats who look like Serbs
>>
>>444485
The great migrations during the Turkish raids mixed the lines. The original Croats are the Chakavians, the people living in Dalmatia. That's where the first Croatian Kingdom was founded. The Shtokavian-speaking people came from the east, from Bosnia and Serbia. The Kajkavians are much closer to Slovenes and together with Slovenes come close to the Slovaks. Before the Hungarian migration into the Pannonian basin, there was a dialect continuum between the West Slavs and the South Slavs, the same way there is a dialect continuum between the South Slavs today.
>>
>>444520
ok, thanks for clearing things up m8. I am hearing too much propaganda about how there is just one croatian language and culture that isn't any different from serbian
>>
>>444539
There is a Serbo-Croatian language which has several dialects. The Croats speak the Kajkavian, Chakavian and Shtokavian dialects, the Serbs speak the Shtokavian and Torlakian dialect. The Kajkavian dialects is closest to certain subdialects of Slovene (the speakers are also culturally very close to the Slovenes), the Shtokavian dialect connects the two nations and Torlakian connects Serbs to the Bulgarians.
>>
>>444572
>The Croats speak the Kajkavian, Chakavian and Shtokavian dialects, the Serbs speak the Shtokavian and Torlakian dialect

Sounds Persian.
>>
>>444680
The names come from the word for "what", except for Torlakian which doesn't conform to that.
Kajkavian comes from the word "kaj", also used in standard Slovene (in dialects and urban speeches, there's also kva/kuga/ka).
Chakavian comes from "ča".
Shtokavian comes from "što".
>>
>>444363
In 955, 50 years later. Magyars defeated the Moravian and East Frank armies in 907, finishing their conquest of Pannonia and extending their rule to the river Enns.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.