[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/ Did Lincoln really want to ship black people back to Africa?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 359x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 359x409
/his/
Did Lincoln really want to ship black people back to Africa?
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 327x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 327x450
>Local manlet ruins everything
>>
Yes.
>>
>>439392
Tbqh it was a good idea
>>
>>439392
God and Allah bless Lincoln
>>
he talked about it, but I think after seeing how resistant most freedmen were to the idea he decided to drop it.

History might've been a bit more interesting with several hundred thousand black Americans invading west Africa through Liberia.
>>
Yes and he should've done that, too bad that fucking retard actor killed him. It would be a win situation for all parties.
>>
>>439392
Yes, and so did pretty much everyone else.
>>
>>439460
Liberia's the reason why I always find this "back to Africa" shit among afrocentrists hilarious. A bunch of freedman and the like, educated with western Enlightenment values, go to Africa and are horrified that their "kin" are such brainless, cultureless savages and immediately set about creating a rigid caste system with themselves at the top and the oogas free to booga at the bottom.

The same shit would happen except instead of just creating another caste-based society they'd be killed by some AK-wielding soldier.
>>
>>439523
I think the freedmen would've just killed the natives if they had enough numbers. They were not needed whatsoever.
>>
>>439529
>They were not needed whatsoever.

They were needed for manual labor.
>>
>>439548
They're shit laborers m8.
>>
>>439552
Still better than doing it yourself.
>>
>>439555
How so?
>>
>>439560
Are you seriously asking me how having a slave do back-breaking manual labor for you is better than doing it yourself?
>>
>>439567
Yeah I am seriously asking. These used to be slaves just a few years ago and certianly wouldn't avoid hard labor because they were not spoiled little princesses like you are.
>>
>>439567
Not that anon, but I'd imagine that they're former workers and Americans. They wouldn't be afraid of displacing locals abd working themselves.
>>
>>439580
>These used to be slaves just a few years ago
So in other words they know that slavery gets shit done.

>>439588
>They wouldn't be afraid of displacing locals abd working themselves.
Yes, but WHY would they do manual labor themselves when they could just use slaves to do it? That's my point.
>>
>>439596
Because there's nothing wrong about doing manual labor. They weren't lazy shits.
>>
>>439560
>>439552
Nothing a taste of the lash cant fix
>>
>>439602
>there's nothing wrong about doing manual labor

Except having less time to do other things like manage a home, a community, and a nation. Unless there's a real risk of revolt there is absolutely no reason why not to make other people do manual labor for you when you have every ability to do so.
>>
>>439638
Well, if there were enough of them over there and the society was capitalist, and remember "founded by the US" and stuff, then that manual labor is construction jobs, forest clearing, and other stuff you'd want your "enlightened" populous coming in from America doing for pay.

Not to mention, no one wants to be that guy who's acting like "Mastah" from a few years ago. "Those wounds are so fresh they're still bleeding" and all that
>>
>>439971
>no one wants to be that guy who's acting like "Mastah"

actually that's exactly what they did.
>>
>>439392

alot of people did before him

The British did something similar, setting up a freed slave colony at magomero where

>alot of them got captured/enslaved again

It was a based idea.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.