[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We are all the tightrope walker.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
We are all the tightrope walker.
>>
Why do you say that? Zarathustra singled out the tightrope walker because he lived a dangerous life unlike everyone else.
>>
>>437546
Because the Zarathustrian reader will ultimately try to walk the rope and will probably die before reaching the other side.
>>
>>437559
At least Zarathustra will take care of my body.
>>
"Goest thou to woman? Forget not thy whip."
>>
>>437546
But doesn't Nietzsche say that humans are walking the tightrope between apes and overman?
>>
>>438036
Yes but not everyone walks. The people in the audience watching are those who do not have the courage to take the first step. Instead they mock people who try to get across and laugh when they die. They are the resentful subhumans.

It is the human race as a whole that will become the Overman but this will not happen by the entire species walking across, most will be specators or mockers. It will be the individuals that carry the race forward.
>>
>>438043
Thank you. I haven't read the book in a while
>>
What is the overman?
>>
>>438050
ubermensch nigga
>>
>>438050
a memelord, or if you want, Byron.
>>
>tfw I'm about to walk the rope
>tfw will probably literally die in the process
>>
Is a story about somebody who gets thrown into a repeat world every time they give up on the current world Nietzsche-like?
>>
File: Freddy's Wild Ride.jpg (36 KB, 492x366) Image search: [Google]
Freddy's Wild Ride.jpg
36 KB, 492x366
>>438694
The Eternal Return is hell to some and heaven to others. You don't get a choice though...the ride never ends!
>>
File: 1341605986_tomcruise-350.jpg (44 KB, 350x441) Image search: [Google]
1341605986_tomcruise-350.jpg
44 KB, 350x441
>yfw you embrace the creative destruction
>>
>>438728
I don't know whether or not it repeats anyway because the story isn't finished yet.
>>
How is the last man suppose to make the overman impossible? Or did I misunderstand something?
>>
>>437559
At least you can die with honor.
>>
>>438050

The one able to break free of limits imposed by the self and society.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.