[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Research from Durham University has determined that a modern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Eddy3 420.jpg (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Eddy3 420.jpg
84 KB, 500x500
Research from Durham University has determined that a modern day person in England with English ancestry is almost certainly descended from king Edward iii of England, even with using estimates based on figures that would give the smallest chance of being a descendant of Edward, a modern Englishmen still has a 99.997% chance of descending from him.

https://community.dur.ac.uk/a.r.millard/genealogy/EdwardIIIDescent.php

This means that every Englishmen will be descended from all of Edwards ancestors including every post-conquest king except for William ii, Stephen and Richard i.

Through Henry i's mothers line going back to the house of Wessex, this means a modern Englishmen is descended from pre-conquest kings such as Alfred or Athelred.

Through Edwards's mother Isabella this makes the English descended from the house of Capet ruling France, and also of Spanish royalty.

So what I'm saying is if you are English, British or even descended from diaspora from the colonial era...

WE WUZ KINGZ!!!!
>>
>>436579

What a bunch of inbreds.
>>
WE WUZ PLANTAGENETZ ND CAPETIANZ N SHIIIEET
>>
>>436579
>the house of Capet ruling France
Max, go fetch the old guillotine. It looks like we have a royalist infestation in the government again.
>>
>>436579
Great! We should remove kebab and ungundu and stop race mixing.
>>
>>436579
>a modern Englishmen still has a 99.997% chance of descending from him.
That is retarded.

England has a bunch of different Haplogroups, in order to have a paternal relationship to him, then everyone would have the same Haplotype.
>>
>>436943
cont- whereas the Irish are actually descended from Kings.

> http://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/the-genetic-imprint-of-niall-of-the-nine-hostages-1.1771373
>>
>>436943
Where does it say descended through the male line?
>>
>>436579
If you're Asian or even Middle Eastern there's a pretty good chance u wuz Khanz n shit
>>
>>436579
>Research from Durham University has determined that a modern day person in England with English ancestry is almost certainly descended from king Edward iii of England

So basically every English people have French ancestry?
>>
it's me senpai
>>
>>436579
that presumes that each new descendent had offspring with someone who wasn't yet related to Edward III. In reality, people tend to stick within the same social groupings when selecting partners. You don't even have to go as far as pointing out that marriage between first cousins was hardly unheard of - even routine parings between 6th or 7th cousins would slow the diffusion of Edward's line.
>>
>>436579
>WE WUZ KINGZ!!!!
'N SHIT!
>>
>>437970
Edward and his immediate descendants were of the nobility, meaning they would have likely been spread about round the country for different offices and visiting their various estates. There is also a large number of bastards of his descendants within the first few generations that are known, these would be scattered around the country based on where their father had visited for what ever reason, even more of these bastards would be in acknowledged, this would allow Edwards descendants to not just be stuck within the nobility, they would be dispersed randomly in different geographic areas and social classes within a few generations.
>>
>>436697
No wonder Bongs look like melted candles.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.