[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were some of the major impacts Islam had on the rest of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: islam01.jpg (139 KB, 890x594) Image search: [Google]
islam01.jpg
139 KB, 890x594
What were some of the major impacts Islam had on the rest of the world when it arose from the year 600 to 1450?
>>
Algebra
>>
>>428053
Apart from the fact that it slaughtered and raped its' way across Europe while forcing non-Muslims to pay a special tax when conquered?

Nothin' much really.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cmqwbZa6_w
>>
>>428064
And reminding Europe that there were Greeks other than Aristotle.
>>
>>428066
>
They also blew up buildings with planes senpai
>>
>>428053
A better question would be what didn't they have major impacts in. Muslim influence in the arts, sciences, humanities, and, of course, history is undeniable by non-/pol/ebs
>>
>>428066
Ironically even whilst doing this, Christians were deemed to be the most barbaric of the age
>>
>>428064
wasnt that taken from the Hindus they pillaged?

Anyone have some good documentaries/books on Islam/ "golden age"? All I ever find are /x/-tier youtube pages and History Channel 'Crusades for no reason' and want to know more.
>>
File: 1388533361193.gif (128 KB, 728x426) Image search: [Google]
1388533361193.gif
128 KB, 728x426
>>428066
>>
>>428053
They most of the legwork in causing the Dark Ages; the Roman Empire didn't properly "fall" until the eastern med and near east was totally BTFO during the Islamic expansion.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.