[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your favorite historical "finds" that ended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 284x371) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 284x371
What are your favorite historical "finds" that ended up being forgeries?

Pic related.
>>
Diary of Ann Frank
Gas chambers
>>
electric chairs at nazi camps
acid pits at nazi camps
man eating bears at nazi camps
vultures that pick at jewish organs at nazi camps
>>
Donation of Constantine
>>428226
>>428219
the meme brigade has arrived
>>
Generalplan Ost
>>
>>428240
explain

or just /pol/?
>>
>>427867
The universe
>>
>>427867
Katyn murders.
>>
>>428251
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=90383
>>
>>428288
Wow, what a scholarly source. So it was just >>>/pol/ all along.
>>
File: protoc3.jpg (81 KB, 402x600) Image search: [Google]
protoc3.jpg
81 KB, 402x600
By the sheer amount of shit this stirred up
>>
File: Nigel-Farage-with-tanks-016.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
Nigel-Farage-with-tanks-016.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
>>428240

Are you implying Mein Kampf was made up too? The basic principles of Generalplan Ost was written in Mein Kampf... You've got to be an idiot or fanatic to think the nazis didn't have a greater plan for settling in the east.
>>
Pseudo-Isidorian Decretals, which were written around 845 A.D. (They are also known as the False Decretals.) They consist of 115 documents which were supposedly written by early popes.

The Donation of Constantine. It claimed that Emperor Constantine gave the western provinces of the Roman Empire to the Bishop of Rome. The Pope used it to claim authority in secular matters. The document was finally shown to be a fraud in the fifteenth century by the Italian humanist, Lorenzo Valla
>>
Wallets/passports wherever catastrophic explosions/building collapses occur
>>
>>429866
>no plans for GPO survived the war
>reconstructed from scratch and based on 1 coerced testimony
>several various drafts supposedly existing, not one of them okayed by Himmler
>Hitler never even seeing the drafts
>very likely it would logistically impossible as only 1500 settlers wanted to move to Russia and displacing tens of millions of people isn't exactly easy

But yeah man it would totes happen just because Hitler said something in Mein Kampf.
>>
I've been on /pol/ so long I don't even know what's real anymore
>>
Kensington Runestone. Although idk if it's actually a forgery.
>>
>>428219
>>428226
Don't forget the masturbation machines
>>
>>429962

Like any scientific model, you come up with a theory and see if the facts match. In this case they did.
>>
>>429866
>The basic principles of Generalplan Ost was written in Mein Kampf.

Can you spoon feed me where exactly he says this? I was listening to the Ford translation audio book and I don't remember him mentioning this yet but I'm only halfway through it. Also, I think Mein Kampf is overrated as a source for Hitler's future actions, lots of things changed in a big way from 1924 to 1944.
>>
>>431309
Intentionalism. Not even once.
>>
This one was quite a hit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salamander_letter
>>
>>429838
Wasn't this known to be a fake the whole time and only stormfags believed it?
>>
The ivory pomegranate.
>>
>>432660
Not to the extent which could have prevented its popularity. From your local hillbilly in Mississippi to Hitler himself, if you had any negative view of Jews chances were you read it at some point.
>>
The Emancipation Retraction
>>
File: 109283.jpg (37 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
109283.jpg
37 KB, 620x413
>>431309

I can't spoonfeed you. He mentions it in the first part and then brings it up again in the second book. Summarized he states:

"We need to go east. What of the people who already live there? Well..."
>>
>>431309
He never says anything like that.
>>
File: thefuckdude.jpg (38 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
thefuckdude.jpg
38 KB, 500x327
>>433549
Oh cool, a glib summarization of a vague policy statement from 20 years before when the speaker was a barely known politician sitting in a jail cell. Wow, case closed!
>>
Vinland Map
>>
>>428267
>WE WERE IN MANCHURIA BRO, IT WAS JUST A PRANK XD
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.