[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a paper to do for uni on a topic about prisoners in early
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
I have a paper to do for uni on a topic about prisoners in early modern Europe.

I can chose any theme and approach I want. But I have to use some published primary sources.

I was thinking about writing the paper on prisoners during the Thirty Years' War.

If you have better ideas, feel free to recommend.

Can someone help me find the literature and sources?
>>
>>
>>
Define early modern.

There will be quite a lot of info on English Civil War POWs. Most were housed in churches and cathedrals, giving them opportunity to smash up surviving medieval effigies ano paintings
>>
File: dx1h69.jpg (74 KB, 393x700) Image search: [Google]
dx1h69.jpg
74 KB, 393x700
>>
>>425777
Well I guess it could be defined as from 16th until the end of the 18th century.

English Civil war could work, I'll look into it. Thanks.
>>
No help?
>>
be brave and obscure op

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Town_Square_execution
>>
I was thinking about incorporating Hugo Grotius' The Rights of War and Peace in this, since he wrote it in the midst of the wars and has a small chapter on prisoners as well.

But I still got nothing solid.

>>426819
Yeah I could use this as one of the examples, too bad there are no citations on the page.
>>
>>426835
>Yeah I could use this as one of the examples, too bad there are no citations on the page.
you are in university
your mental faculties should go beyond 'welp deres no src @ wiki :(('
>>
>>426853
Well of course, it's just that I'm starting on it seriously tomorrow and I'm just getting some literature and where to look etc. over the internet while relaxing from a horrible week.
>>
Anyone got this book in pdf?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.