[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a new-ish Catholic. Can someone explain why so many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: vaticanII-image.jpg (26 KB, 585x345) Image search: [Google]
vaticanII-image.jpg
26 KB, 585x345
I'm a new-ish Catholic.

Can someone explain why so many Catholics on the internet hate Vatican II?
>>
>>422234
Hating on Vatican II is an easy way to prove you're "more catholic" without actually trying to live the life Jesus wants for you, which is hard.
>>
File: diversitygen.jpg (109 KB, 632x439) Image search: [Google]
diversitygen.jpg
109 KB, 632x439
>>422234
The Catholic Church has been infiltrated by multiculturalists
>>
They're LARPers who dig catholicism because it reminds them of their gothic fantasy collectibles
>>
File: 1441518621232.png (524 KB, 1152x1830) Image search: [Google]
1441518621232.png
524 KB, 1152x1830
>>422247
This
>>
>>422247
>not that Catholicism is suffering huge decline in first world countries and is only growing in developing nations like Brazil

shiggy dig stay /pol/
>>
>>422311
Is Brazil in the United States? Read the graph
>>
>>422234
It's not catholics, it's conservative people who embrace catholicism as a part of traditionnal culture. Ence why they are opposed to the "wow such progressive" vision of church.
>>
>>422247
>spend centuries converting poor spics
>"Oh no, our religion is full of poor spics!"

This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad.
>>
>>422330
In our defense nobody told us that the spics where gonna leave spicland.
>>
Because they think that Catholicism is but a tradition and not the true meaning of life.
>>
>>422247
>mixing ethnic ideologies with Christ
The Kingdom of Heaven has zero relation to worldly tribalism.
>>
>>422337
That's not much of a defense.
>>
>>422247
Yes, remember the great commission where Jesus charged the church with baptizing the world, but only the white countries
>>
>>422247
This isn't about catholicism, it's just America. You're just not a white country anymore and haven't been one for quite some time now.
>>
>>422234
Because they've never read it and couldn't find anything wrong with it if they did.
>>
>>422234
If you really want to know, there are a lot of liberal clergy and theologians in the church today which they blame on Vatican II. Also the English mass is pretty terrible compared to the old latin one.

All of this of course has zero bearing on whether Vatican II was heretical or not, but that doesn't stop people from making logical leaps to turn things they don't like into heresy
>>
>>422254
ugh, this new pope is such a faggot

i miss palpatine
>>
File: 1449157549664.jpg (659 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1449157549664.jpg
659 KB, 1600x1200
>>422234
Catholicism got popular as a thing to LARP about when /pol/ discovered that Warhammer 40k was based on the crusades and they assumed it was a warrior religion about being ISIS-tier xenophobic against other religions and hating those Christ-killing kikes!

Vatican 2 basically ends the memery. The Jews are officially recognized as God's chosen people and bear no responsibility for killing Jesus. Other religions are recognized as valid forms of spirtualism and you may even be saved when being a part of them. Hostility to non-Catholics is discouraged. It also moved the church in a direction that is far more liberal and tolerant.

Oh that and the Free Masons infiltrated the church and filled V2 with their ideology. 4chan loves conspiracy theories. I'm sure the Jews did it!
>>
>>424070
>The Jews are officially recognized as God's chosen people

No

>and bear no responsibility for killing Jesus.

True

>Other religions are recognized as valid forms of spirtualism and you may even be saved when being a part of them.

Sez here you're a HERETIC

>Hostility to non-Catholics is discouraged. It also moved the church in a direction that is far more liberal and tolerant.

True.
>>
>>422247
> complaining that catholicism is too Latin
> the church is centred in Rome

Mate...
>>
>>422247
>The Catholic Church is actually catholic as it turns out.
You are now aware that the word catholic means universal.
>>
/pol/tard and former Catholic here

By the internet, I am assuming you are referring to /pol/? I believe that answer to your question has to do with a reactionary perspective that traditionalism is better than progress. Vatican II changed many aspects of the Church which were performed for hundreds of years such as telling the mass in the vernacular. Reactionaries don't like that, and of course, would view an event like Vatican II with hatred and disgust.
>>
>>424084
>Sez here you're a HERETIC

Using warhammer 40k memes.
Basically proving his point for him.
>>
>>422234

Because they are hipsters
>>
>>424070
>Other religions are recognized as valid forms of spirtualism and you may even be saved when being a part of them.
>tfw no proofs

Give us the quote, the Council never said such a thing. The believers of other religions are often spiritually moved by similar things as Catholics, this doesn't stop these religions from being lies though.
>>
>>422234
Because that's edgy.

You can hear many people in Spain saying "I belive in God, but I don't belive in the Church" like it was something extremely inteligent.
>>
>>423885
>>424090
>>424097

This is the United States, not the world
>>
>>424070
>Oh that and the Free Masons infiltrated the church and filled V2 with their ideology
I can see two things wrong with that assertion.
>>
IT'S A METAPHOR!: The Religion
>>
>>422244
this.
and also, usualyy are traditionalists that hate on VaticanII
>>
>>422311
Brazil is the nation where Catholicism is shrinking the most
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.