[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about the Black Paintings by Francisco
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Goya.4.11s.jpg (81 KB, 605x1116) Image search: [Google]
Goya.4.11s.jpg
81 KB, 605x1116
What do you guys think about the Black Paintings by Francisco de Goya? I thought they were pretty interesting desu. This is my favorite
>>
this reminds me about berserk
>>
saw an exhibition with a heap of the Disasters of War prints a couple of years ago, they were really evocative, full of energy, striking images.
>>
Do you have any meaningful commentary?
Or do you just think they're pretty pictures that are
>interesting
?

Was there really any reason for you to post other than to say 'this is my favorite meme painting, I like it'?
>>
>>418800
Do you have any meaningful commentary?
Or do you just want to shitpost?
>>
>>418808
I asked an actual question, your rhetoric is shitposting.
>>
>>418811
the fact that you called it a "meme painting" is what makes you a shitposter, but whatever I'll take the b8.

These paintings are fascinating to me. The idea that we can look into the disease-ridden mind of a dying genius, who's strife over the political destruction of his country and also his faithlessness of the human race that he painted straight onto the walls of his home like a man in an insane asylum, is fucking incredible, and I was curious as to what other people thought of them
>>
>>418821
>who's strife over the political destruction of his country and also his faithlessness of the human race that he painted straight onto the walls of his home like a man in an insane asylum
Then you would have been better off posting the caprichos than than his black paintings.
>>
I saw them when I went to Spain. He painted a lot of them just straight-up on his walls, so they straight-up took the walls out and put them in the museum.

They're weird, and I guess important, but I'm a philistine who just likes art that looks nice. Thought his Maja was beautiful.
>>
>>418828
because the way in which the black paintings were created is creepy as hell. He painted them straight onto the walls in his home, with no intention of anybody ever seeing them. It makes them feel more authentic imo
>>
File: spanish propaganda.jpg (201 KB, 1280x989) Image search: [Google]
spanish propaganda.jpg
201 KB, 1280x989
>>418744
It was him realizing he was wrong for creating false propaganda against a truly great leader.
>>
>>418842
>I don't understand Goya but I worship Napoleon with a baguette so far up my ass it's in my brain
Quoting you, senpai.
>>
>>418842
at least goya wasn't a cvck like hegel
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.