[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that Salafis are the scum of the planet? They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: le happy terrorist.jpg (81 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
le happy terrorist.jpg
81 KB, 480x720
Can we all agree that Salafis are the scum of the planet? They are behind 99% of everything bad associated with Muslims
>>
File: reagan.jpg (61 KB, 500x570) Image search: [Google]
reagan.jpg
61 KB, 500x570
>>415785
No arguments here, but lets lump in their non-Muslim masters and brethren.
>pic related
>>
>Can we all agree that Salafis are the scum of the planet?
Pretty much, yeah.

>They are behind 99% of everything bad associated with Muslims.
Also pretty much true, but most Muslims are generally not great either.
>>
>>415785
You forgot the Wahhabis.
>>
>>415785
>implying the problem isn't Wahhabism
>>
File: Aligiffin.gif (993 KB, 500x212) Image search: [Google]
Aligiffin.gif
993 KB, 500x212
>>415785
Not really a lot of Salafis are political quietists like orthodox Jews or Mennonites.
Salafis were also a thing that existed before Qutbiyyah.

In the beginning of the Iraq war the US busted through southern Iraq which is predominantly Shia and a lot of the terrorist attacks in the beginning of the war where carried out by Shia militias specifically the Mahdi army. Shia groups are currently being accused of war crimes in Iraq today.

Hezbollah is also Shia group. The Taliban in Afghanistan were also no Salafis but deobandis. Also remember,the Al-Assad regime is Alawi (kinda like Shia 2.0) and the vast majority of casualties in Syria are caused by the government.

I'm not trying to bad mouth Shias or take the Salafi position. I'm just pointing out it's more complex than you think.
>>
>>415785
Sunnis are cancer in general
>>
>>415817
>>415818
You realize the term Salafi and Wahhabi are synonymous right? They just prefer to be called Salafi's.
>>
>>415847
I do. I just prefer to call them Wahhabist cause the name sounds cooler.
>>
>>415837
shill harder
>>
>>415785
yes im a muslim, wahabbis especially the saudis are fucking cancer. nuke them, it will actually bring progress to islam
>>
>>415847
>You realize the term Salafi and Wahhabi are synonymous right?
They aren't. Salafism is an extremist version of the Wahhabist fundamentalism.
>>
>>415837
Hizbullah is a pretty legit resistance movement, despite its religious element. But it's anti-American/Israeli (as opposed to anti-Jewish) and they do kill people so ultimately it's a terrorist organization, but still.
>>
>>416267
>extremism is an extremist version of extremist extremism
>>
>>416274
>Hizbullah is a pretty legit resistance movement
Next thing you're going to say is sheba farms, amirite? Seriously, they have no business existing, other than being an Iranian terror proxy.
>>
The Muslims Brotherhood hates Salafis/Wahhabis.

Look, OP, the solution is not within Islam.
>>
I met a Salafi legal scholar once. He had dozens of books on the minutiae of Islamic law. If you think the OT is nuts your mind would be blown by the kind of thing these guys spend their time studying; literally tomes upon tomes of answers to questions like "is it permissible to carry water in a pouch made from dog skin?". It's actually quite impressive how far-reaching and at the same time utterly insane it all is. Made me wonder just how arbitrary our own legal systems are
>>
>>416267
It is, no wahabbi would self identify as wahabbi. They'd consider themselves as emulators of the pious forefathers (The first 3 generations of Muslims). Wikipedia also used the term muwahidd but i've never heard it in person.

>>416274
What constitutes as legitimate and illegitimate resistance? Without Israeli aggression I doubt Hezbollah would be able to present itself as a legitimate organization and it'd be on the same level as the Mahdi army or the Houthis.

Legitimate resistance doesn't mean the one you like more.
>>
Pretty much. Though the broader term Salafi also includes Quranists seeing as it just means a return to Islam as practiced by the first three generations of Muslims. Granted, when most people say Salafi, they don't mean Quranists.
>>
File: aryan_vs_anglo.jpg (67 KB, 504x330) Image search: [Google]
aryan_vs_anglo.jpg
67 KB, 504x330
No, Anglos are the cancer of the world.
>>
>>415785
>Can we all agree that Salafis are the scum of the planet?
Yes. They're a bunch of insane, violent heretics.
>>
>>415837
All I'm hearing is "every Muslim group is infested with violent extremists".
>>
>>416259
>it will actually bring progress to islam
>wanting Islam to progress
>Implying Islam wasn't perfect 1400 years ago
>>
>>416718

*Every group is infested with violent extremists
Not just Muslims anon. By extension yeah every Muslim group is infested with violent extremists.
>>
>>416578
>bothering enough to dredge this from your files and post it
>>
>>416772
Can't think of any violent atheist extremists... other than mass-shooters who happen to be atheists.
Violent christian extremists were never as bad as violent islam extremists (wars within europe which would happen anyway, a few jaunts to the "holy" land)
Muslim extremists fly planes into buildings, muslim extremists shoot schoolchildren in the face (when they're feeling merciful), muslim extremists ruin football games. Muslim extremists feed children to their parents in [the current year].
>>
>>416814
League of belligerent atheists routinely harassed and destroyed property of religious folk until they publicly renounced religion. If they didn't, the league would report them to the Kremlin for supporting uncommunistic ideals that would essentially be a death sentence.
>>
>>416461
I guess under pre-french revolution common law, and especially before the magna carta jurisprudence was really inane and arbitrary

but I'm no historian, just a lurker trying to go nofap
>>
File: screenshot_024-00006.png (466 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_024-00006.png
466 KB, 1280x720
>>415837
Hezbollah isn't a 'terror' group. They're a resistance. I disagree with the, and think they are a proxy but they're not a full-on terror group.

The Taliban are hanafi but I think Saudi's exporting of ideology is making everything hanbali or whatever it is they follow.

Assad's war crimes are drastically over-exaggerated, they exist but there is a lot of disinfo out there.

You're obfuscating against the reality that is islam is cancer and salafism is just the worst (yet) kind of it.

pic related, it's muhammed doing his favourite thing
>>
>>416966
Well, you should realise that positive law ( the law as a product of its state/society) always reflects the state of its accompanying civilization. What we call arbitrary made a lot more sense to them.

And thanks to the romans, there has always been a fairly coherent law system in Europe. The Corpus Iuris Civilis is more or less the foundation of every european rule of law
>>
>>417009
It's impressive how much the Romans and Greeks have affected even the way we communicate.

As an Iranian who grew up in the West, I gotta give those butt-fucking bastards the credit the deserve.
>>
File: 1432477895258.jpg (46 KB, 568x720) Image search: [Google]
1432477895258.jpg
46 KB, 568x720
>>416814
>Violent Atheist extremists
Literally Communists. Communism specifically says that religion is a medium used by the bourgeois to keep the proletariat down.
>Violent christian extremists were never as bad
What is the 30 years war
Violent Christian extremists operate differently. In the united states they're lobbyist who get the US to support Israel. So they're like Al-Qaeda, funding extremists.
But the point is that isn't the fault of Christianity just like qutbis arn't the fault of Islam.

>>416988
>salafism is just the worst
Not really. I'm just pointing out how we've decided to draw arbitrary lines between the "good ones" and "bad ones" simply based on much we like them.

>Hezbollah isn't a 'terror' group.
Then neither is the Taliban
or the Chechen resistance like Dudayev

You're defining things based on how it can conveniently fit into your own personal opinion. Please remove yourself from the history board.
>>
>>417101
Taliban weren't terrorists, I don't disagree with you. And the Chechen resistance is more complicated and distant from our discussion.

My point with hezbollah is that I know southern lebanese and they claim they wouldn't be alive if it weren't for them. Both Sunnis and Israelis would have wiped 'em out without an organized resistance.
>>
>>417101

>violent christian extremists

or they shoot up abortion clinics and/or murder the doctors performing them which happens with fair regularity
>>
>>417124
Those are pretty rare events, all things considered.
>>
>>415837
>In the beginning of the Iraq war the US busted through southern Iraq which is predominantly Shia and a lot of the terrorist attacks in the beginning of the war where carried out by Shia militias specifically the Mahdi army.
Attacking an occupying army is not terrorism.
>Hezbollah is also Shia group.
No terror attacks have been conclusively linked to Hezbollah.
>The Taliban in Afghanistan were also no Salafis but deobandis.
True, but they got funding & assistance from salafis / Wahhabis.
>Also remember,the Al-Assad regime is Alawi (kinda like Shia 2.0) and the vast majority of casualties in Syria are caused by the government.
The Assad regime doesn't commit crimes in the name of Alawism, but in the name of protecting itself. This is like including Qadaffi in a list on Sunni violence.
>>
>>416546
well there's the Lebanese territory that was mentioned in derision here >>416291
and the fact that Israeli aircrafts and military forces regularly trespass into Lebanon.
>>
>>417124
So? Agree with them or not they are only killing the 'guilty'; not innocent bystanders or random civilians just because of their nationality/religion. That is very different from most other forms of "terrorism".

Also government wars = / = terrorism to the person who mentioned the Thirty Years War
>>
>>416772
>furries are infested with violent extremists
>Quakers are infested with violent extremists
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.