[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Christians have this "I'm a better Christian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: JesusCrucified.jpg (150 KB, 352x450) Image search: [Google]
JesusCrucified.jpg
150 KB, 352x450
Why do Christians have this "I'm a better Christian than you" mentality?

Jesus himself said that the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven would be like a slave to the rest.
>>
File: viper.jpg (147 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
viper.jpg
147 KB, 1500x1500
>>414391
They're all tripping over themselves to be the most slave-like and the most oppressed
>>
>>414391
>Why do Christians have this "I'm a better Christian than you" mentality?

Thats literally an American thing, all those Americans and their silly denominations are just retarded. Nobody in the Orthodox world considers himself a "better Christian" that concept doesn't exist in Orthodox Christianity, and im sure it doesn't exist in Catholic Christian countries as well.
>>
>>414419
>Jesus himself said that the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven would be like a slave to the rest.

Yeah the greatest in the material of Ceaser world be like the slave to the religiously great but materially poor slave.

That combined with the fact that many Christians are Christians by inertia or convenience than by conviction
>>
>>414391
Because Jesus was all about "Im a better Jew than you" to the Israelits
>>
>>414467
>Orthodox
>Christian
Well meme'd.

Most Orthodox I've met don't even actually have faith in Christ, they just go through the motions of church services like that will be enough.
>>
That's a big generalization OP.

>>414467
Its a protestant and poor immigrant thing, not specifically an American thing
>>
>>414391
>Jesus himself said
Most Anon's here don't give a shit about Jesus, it's all
>muh church fathers
>muh catechisms
>Heretic!
>I-I-I'm not a "fedora" I swear! Stop making fun of me!
>>
>>414535
>Most Orthodox I've met don't even actually have faith in Christ, they just go through the motions of church services like that will be enough.

You don't know shit. Orthodox don't focus on the Son, as most protestants do, in Orthodoxy the holy trinity is equal, we don't have a cult to Jesus Christ.
>>
>>414595
But do you over focus Mary like the Catholics do?
>>
>>414535
Haha, you're implying the other categories of Christianity believe in Christ! What a funny guy!
>>
>>414391
If you think that's bad you should meet muslims
>>
Why do Atheists always shit post?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.