[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has organized crime existed thru out human history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 1450039511611.jpg (70 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1450039511611.jpg
70 KB, 720x960
Has organized crime existed thru out human history?
>>
>>413819
no.
>>
Well yeah, pretty sure Jews can be dated to 600 BC at the very latest.
>>
>>413830
/thread.
>>
Yes. People have been organizing for example robberies forever. Also who is this spunk monk?
>>
>>413819
Ever since we had laws, we had crime. The activities later classified as crime preceded the laws for sure. Why would you create a law against something, if that something never occurred?
And ever since we had crime, people who are smart about it were organized into bands. If they werent, the existence of laws and some form of police would force them to.

So yes, we had organized crime, at the least since laws, and those predate history. Thus we had organized crime throughout history.
>>
>>413830
>>413854
Really /pol/

>>413819
What degree of organisation are you referring to, does planning count, is multi-generational organisation the criteria, does opportunistic organisation count?
>>
>>413819
If that girl was five years younger than her age in that pic I'd want to impregnate the shit out of her
>>
>>413819

Who is this Ejaculate Advocate?
>>
>>414430
it's a joke. lighten up.
>>
>thru out

pls fuck off
>>
>>413819

At least since there have been cities, I imagine. Things like protection rackets, smuggling, illicit gaming, and other hallmarks of organized crime, they're really fairly intuitive ventures once you've got enough people together and some manner of market economy/division of labor going (and many have argued over the years, from St. Augustine to Murray Rothbard, that the state itself is merely the most successfully organized criminal band).
>>
>>413819
nah mane
>>
>>413819
What do you think barons and kings were at first?
>>
>>415651
kek
>>
>>413819
Organized Crime? Organized warfare to steal your neighbors resources.
>>
>>413819
Crassus used to own a private brigade of fire fighters.
He used to go around setting fires and his men would block the way until residents were willing to pay his fee to put out the fire.
>>
10/10
>>
File: fidelandfrancis.jpg (81 KB, 992x744) Image search: [Google]
fidelandfrancis.jpg
81 KB, 992x744
>>413830
kekkd
>>
File: durkheim2.jpg (27 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
durkheim2.jpg
27 KB, 275x275
Yes. It is external, coercitive and should be understood in light of the collective and not of the individual.
>>
>>413830
/thread
>>
I love how anytime speaks the truth about jews there are guaranteed
>>>/pol/ responses
>>
>>413830
Ok, Iaughed
>>
>>413819
Who is this ahegao amigo?
>>
>>413830
peak lel
>>
Serious answer it didn't make sense to go around and bandit people until agriculture and horses were around because

a) without horses you effective range of attack is small and you are open to people coming after their stuff and just killing you
b) before agriculture people didn't really have food reserves and there was not much of value to steal.

The first organized bandit groups only really arose after these conditions.

So unless some monkeys were running a banana betting ring that is the start of it.

also
>>413830
kek
>>
>>413819
erm didn't some niggas betray jesus and he predicted it?

yes.
>>
File: 1406625992391.jpg (22 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
1406625992391.jpg
22 KB, 500x284
>>413830
>>
No, not really

kinda need a well functioning state to distinguish organized crime from "the usual"
>>
>>414412
some british girl iirc
>>
>>414427
>The activities later classified as crime preceded the laws for sure. Why would you create a law against something, if that something never occurred?
crime is what you call crime. the laws translate a vision from butthurts who do not like what some people do
>>
>>413830
Ok you got me you fucker.
>>
>>413819

Damn. Chad probably destroyed her birth canal.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.