[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WWII technology still unknown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Is it possible that there was technology developed and experiments done during world war II that still remain classified to this day?

I remember reading once that the Soviets tested a 45mm anti tank round filled with poisonous gas, and apparently the results are still secret.

And I wonder if there were experiments, weapons, technology that were used that we don't even know exist because they are still kept secret.
>>
it's unlikely that the russian government would keep stuff that was developed in ww2 secret unless it was literally still in use in their armed forces today
>>
>>411943

I'm sure that not all of the findings/experiments of Unit 731 in Japan were divulged to the public. They must have had some great stuff to all be given immunity.
>>
>>411981

Eh, read Dead Hand. There is a lot about their biological and chemical programs we don't know and probably never will.
>>
>>411986
I think the stuff that got them that deal was mostly to do with their biological warfare experiments.

After all, if the Reds started something, we might be dealing with biological warfare on a huge scale.
>>
>>412004

Oh no doubt, good point.

I've seen the documentary but I can't help but wonder what hasn't been discussed or divulged.
>>
>>412027
I'm guessing most of it wouldn't be scientific knowledge, just horrific shit that would embarrass powerful people.
>>
>>411943

Sure, but nothing we'd be interested in today. It's not like they were developing plasma guns and ftl drives in the age of vacuum tubes.
>>
>>412131
Muh die glocke
>>
The Americans and Canadians were developing Ricin laced clusterbombs.
>>
>>412004
>After all, if the Reds started something, we might be dealing with biological warfare on a huge scale.
The Soviets, even by WWII, were among the world leaders in biological weapons. Outside of what was probably an intentional outbreak of Tularemia used against the Germans in Stalingrad, there aren't any major documented cases of such weapons being put to use. They were averse to using it much in the same way the US was (who, naturally, was also developing biological weapons).
>>
I read somewhere that the exact recipe for the concrete used for the Czechoslovak border fortifications is a guarded secret up to this day.
>>
>>416557
nope
they used a higher early strength variant of portland cement with longer set times
>>
>>416557
>>416863
here's the concrete recipe:

400 kg of „A“ cement

325 l sand (grain-size fraction 0–10 mm)

250 l gravel (grain-size fraction 20–40 mm)

500 l gravel (grain-size fraction 40–60 mm)

150 l mixing water (50 l of that amount were contained in
pre-sprayed aggregates)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.