[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Scriptures prove that the giants of Genesis 6:4 died out.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12
File: 1439738954315.jpg (188 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439738954315.jpg
188 KB, 1080x1080
The Scriptures prove that the giants of Genesis 6:4 died out. Genesis 7 tells of a worldwide Flood that God sent to destroy "all flesh" upon the earth (verse 21). Since these giants were simply a natural, genetic variation of human beings, they died along with the rest of the earth's population. The only humans to escape that catastrophe were Noah and his family.

Since Noah was of a stock of smaller people, most of his descendants were of his stature. However, some of the genes to produce giants survived through the wife of Ham, one of Noah's sons. Therefore, a number of the sons of Canaan (one of Ham's sons) were giants (Numbers 13:1-2, 32-33). In Deuteronomy 2:19-21, Moses records that God destroyed the giants who dwelt in Ammon so that the children of Lot could possess the land. Those giants—who descended from Canaan through a man named Anak—eventually became extinct. King Og of Bashan was the last of them to inhabit Palestine east of Jordan (Deuteronomy 3:11).

Another well-known biblical giant is Goliath of Gath (or "the Gittite"), whom the teenage David killed with a sling stone (I Samuel 17). Goliath's brother and sons were also men of great stature, and the Bible explicitly mentions that David and his men killed them all (II Samuel 21:15-22; I Chronicles 20:4-8).

Both before and after the Flood, God was directly involved in the destruction of those giant men. The reason for their destruction is not stated directly, but like Goliath, those men seemed always to be in opposition to God and to His people Israel.

What else do we know about giants and what are the best primary sources and history books about them?
>>
The Nephilim were not giants. Their name literally means "fallen."
>>
>>408908

I don't think this is correct. Nephilim is the untranslated pronunciation, it means giants. You are right that they may have been the offspring of fallen angels although another explanation is that they were descended from Seth.
>>
>>408894
Hebrew bible found in the dead sea scrolls gives goliaths height as four cubits and one span which is about 198 cm or 6 foot 6 inches. He was literally just some really guy, not a giant. Later versions of the text have just upped his height for dramatic effect.
>>
The giants/Nephilim were neaderthals
>>
>>408928

The Masoretic Text gives his height as six cubits and a span, which is nearly 10 feet.

It is possible the Dead Sea Scrolls are more accurate I suppose, but 6 feet 6 inches is very tall prior to modern nutrition that the Lord has blessed us with. It may also be possible that Goliath was the offspring of giants mating with human women and was not a pure giant.

Deutornomy 3 would seem to back this.
>>
>>408894
the giants were another human-apeish species that was engineered in order to watch over us and promptly went extinct with the shift of the world's soul when atlantis sank
>>
>>408948
Atlantis was on the Strait of gibralter and the flood sank it
>>
>>408948

There are no primary sources for this that I am aware of.
>>
>>408965
Uh, No.
It was between europe and america

>>408965
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vida_alien/sess_cass/cass.htm
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 249x249
>>408894
Post more of that whore. By Allah My Thobe is growing tight
>>
>>408967
>http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vida_alien/sess_cass/cass.htm

Stop being a dick.
>>
>>408971
I'm not being a dick.
Aliens engineered giants to watch over mankind several years ago.
I can't remember which session was it, but try ctrl+f for 21 inches
that was the average size of their dong
>>
>>408914
>it means giants

No.
>>
>>408975
ah nevermind it was 23 inches
it's this one
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vida_alien/sess_cass/cass02.htm#October%2020,%201994
>>
File: 1385752146134.png (211 KB, 452x419) Image search: [Google]
1385752146134.png
211 KB, 452x419
>>408975

I gave proper primary sources as part of my research.
>>
>>408980
'primary' is subjective
this is channeled information by actual beings living in a higher dimension where time doesn't exist - it doesn't get better than that
>>
>>408977

Stop being silly.

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/5303.htm
>>
>>408981

That's hardly the same as divine revelation.
>>
>>>/x/

Why do you retards keep polluting our board? Fuck off back to your neckbeard tulpa coven.
>>
File: teh_bible_is_for_suckers.jpg (117 KB, 730x700) Image search: [Google]
teh_bible_is_for_suckers.jpg
117 KB, 730x700
>>408989
>>
>>408988

I would say, that as a matter of fact, your "divine revelation" is corrupted. Either way, you can look it up there or seek for it elsewhere, the link I posted doesn't actually engage much in about these giants. I think they talk more about them in a later session but I cba to find it.
>>
>>408993
>I would say, that as a matter of fact, your "divine revelation" is corrupted.

Are you a Muslim?
>>
>>408992
>not believing in alien giants makes me an atheist
>>
>>408996
No.
The bible, the quran, whatever other religious text, etc. They're all corrupted but some of the core message is still there.
>>
>>408999
>>408998

The Bible has consistently been shown to be accurate, you are talking rubbish. I started this thread hoping for a genuine discussion about History and you want to drag it down to some /x/ tier nonsense. Fuck off if you aren't interested in the History of the Nephilim.

Whether you are atheists or just heretics I don't really care, at least if you are polite there is a greater chance that you aren't going to burn in Hell, although I don't think either of you stand much chance of avoiding that fate.
>>
File: chmmr.png (12 KB, 243x107) Image search: [Google]
chmmr.png
12 KB, 243x107
>>409003

I was directly telling you the true origin of the Nephilim. I'm not sure what you mean about the bible being accurate, but I know that the bible will bullshit you, especially if you approach it from a wrong angle.

Anyway, try in morning hours, there aren't as much people lurking around at this time. I'm probably the only person that will reply for the next hour or so.
>>
>>409003
They were not giants for starters.
>>
>>409006
It's 10:53 here in the civilized world.
>>
>>409008

Yes. They. Were.

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/5303.htm
>>
>>409006

The Bible never bullshits anyone. You just have to understand it using the Holy Spirit, then it is objectively true. So few people seem to understand this and many of them call themselves Christian.
>>
>>409026
Ok.
>>
ITT: people missed the fact that most theologians agree the Bible isn't to be taken literally.
>>>/biblebelt/
>>
>>409047
>ITT: people missed the fact that most theologians agree the Bible isn't to be taken literally.

Since modern Biology, Physics and Geology happened you mean.
>>
>we are seriously discussing fucking giants on a history board
>>
I saw a documentary about how basis for those giant myths are simply acromegalia. The narrator explained David could beat Goliath by simply moving sideways. People with acromegalia (a tumor on hypophisis that also pushes on the optic nerve) causes tunnel vision, so it's hard to see what's not directly in front of you.
>>
>GIANTS WERE REAL
>no they weren't, you brain-damaged fuck
>YES THEY WERE, YOU'RE JUST A LE TRILBY WEARER
>continues to point to Bronze Age storybook as a factual source
This is basic-level trolling.
>>
>>409544
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acromegaly
>>
File: Ancient_aliens[1].png (150 KB, 420x237) Image search: [Google]
Ancient_aliens[1].png
150 KB, 420x237
It's like I'm really watching History Channel
>>
File: Andre_the_giant.jpg (371 KB, 1600x2094) Image search: [Google]
Andre_the_giant.jpg
371 KB, 1600x2094
>>409565
You're just fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1444797623737[1].png (597 KB, 645x512) Image search: [Google]
1444797623737[1].png
597 KB, 645x512
>>408894
>The Scriptures prove that the giants of Genesis 6:4 died out.
>>
>>409544
>A LE TRILBY WEARER
Wait a minute. What happened to fedora ?
>>
>>409567
m8 he suffered from an illness, he wasn't part of a race any more than people with dwarfism was their own race.

You're not suggesting there's an ancient race of dwarfs, are you?
>>
File: 1330194661068.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1330194661068.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>409576
>mfw LotR was a history epic
>>
>>409576
There is a genetic component to cancer or tumors. Maybe it wasn't a "race" but rather a tribe of inbreed people with predisposition for this shit. As there was no MRI, modern medicine or anything like this, ancient people just thought "hu, they're fucking giants".
Once some dude rekt one of these guy from a tribe attacking them and that's how the myth is born.

>You're not suggesting there's an ancient race of dwarfs, are you?
I'm not suggesting shit, I just repeat one of the rational explanation for giant myths. Dwarves are probably too weak to survive on their own, or in a dwarf only tribe. Kids were either killed at birth if dwarfism was obvious, or if he survived he most likely didn't reproduce (or just died early because no welfare).
With acromegaly, it's a tumor making you never stop growing, so the people are functional enough to reproduce and it wouldn't be a stretch imagining a tribe of people with a predispostion for hypophysis tumor causing acromegaly and its assiciated gigantism.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (174 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
174 KB, 1920x1080
>>408928
>Hebrew bible found in the dead sea scrolls gives goliaths height as four cubits and one span which is about 198 cm or 6 foot 6 inches

>when you realize that Hafthor Bjornsson is a Nephilim

>It is possible the Dead Sea Scrolls are more accurate I suppose, but 6 feet 6 inches is very tall prior to modern nutrition that the Lord has blessed us with

There's a lot of anthropologic evidence that humans were taller as hunter gatherers than as agriculturalists. A tribe that farms can support a larger population, but it's on a shitty grain based diet that makes them shorter. A tribe that mostly hunts and eats wild fruits/vegetables will have a much smaller population but they'll be healthier by far.

Just look at the Roman accounts of the Germanic barbarians. The Romans were 5'5 manlets and thought the Germanics were titanic because they were 6' tall.
>>
File: howtheysayivan.jpg (175 KB, 1024x698) Image search: [Google]
howtheysayivan.jpg
175 KB, 1024x698
>>409003
>The Bible has consistently been shown to be accurate, you are talking rubbish.

The bible is about as accurate as Herodotus m8. Real historical events with lots of embellishment.
Babylon was swept away by the Persian empire, but that doesn't mean a fucking spooky hand wrote MENI MENI TEKEL EUFARSAN on the wall the night before nigga.
>>
>>409026
nah , it bullshits you

everyone knows deep in their hearts, that allah is the true one

only evil people wont listen to their hearts , thus not understanding allah

he didnt create seperate religions without reason , they were made to test people if they are good enough to accept the truth
>>
>>409744
Herodotus gets so much undue shit here.

In many instances he transmits data of real value, even if it's only anecdotal.

The Bible relates virtually nothing of value except for the names of a few tribes and towns.
>>
>>409569

Well they clearly aren't here any more.
>>
>>409956
>The Bible relates virtually nothing of value except for the names of a few tribes and towns.

Non-existent tribes and non-existent towns.
>>
What is the deal with Nephilim?I've heard that they were a race of giants, demons or rogue angels.
>>
>>408908
Wouldn't they be talking about the germans like the romans were talking about the germanic tribes being a giant? This composition would take roughly around the same time.
>>
>>410040

Numbers says that they were so large they made ordinary men look like grasshoppers in comparison. So clearly they weren't just talking about a large tribe of humans.

http://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/Num.%2013.33
>>
>>410036

They were giants that were the offspring of fallen angels mating with human women.
>>
>>410079
Is this to be taken as literal or as a metaphor?

It would be more likely to see the tales of barbaric germanic giants creating havoc for romans into popular culture and influencing the writings of christian writers.
>>
>>410085
Baller
>>
Is God a manlet?
>>
>>410092

Even if it was a figure of speech or a piece of hyperbole clearly they are describing beings far larger than merely a large race of men.
>>
>>408908
they were called fallen because of their intelligence and they were called giants because of their innovations. Some scholars believe Nephilims were a tribe of Greek-Anatolian descended travelers that basically usurped power in the region by brute strength and business prowess.
>>
there are three ways to read the bible. Not a wrong or right just that extremism brings a little bit of ignorance some times.
>>
>>410190

There are two ways. The right way is using the Holy Spirit. The wrong way is not using the Holy Spirit.

This is why non-Christians and heretics can't read the Bible properly.
>>
>>409003
And so was nostradamus.

I WANT /X/ OFF THIS BOARD
>>
>>410294

Nostradamus has never been shown to be accurate. His writings are too vague to be taken as prophecy except for people that are looking for patterns.
>>
>>408894

Maybe most people were just smaller back then so anyone that was over 7 foot was a giant to them?
>>
Is there any evidence of giants, or is OP talking shit?
>>
>>408908

Not really. It has a hephal conjugation.

Better would be "Those who make (others?) fall".
>>
>>410284

Which is why Christians, using their "holy spirit" have to edit the Bible shamelessly to cover up all the errors in it, amirite?

I mean for God's sake, the Gospels can't even agree on what day Jesus was crucified on, but every Christian will insist they back each other up 100%.
>>
>>412367
Jesus Christ OP is talking shit, he's using the fucking Bible as proof.
>>
>>410110
https://youtu.be/4BuZamufWAs
>Yes god did exist
>He died
>And he was very small
>Mystery Solved
>>
>>412669

I thought the Bible was generally considered a good historical source. It is the basis of all of Christianity.

If the Bible is wrong and giants don't exist then Christianity is wrong and that is objectively not true. Christ is our Saviour.
>>
>>408948
This is advanced fun posting
>>
I was just reading The Symposium and remembered this thread. Aristophanes casually mentions that the gods killed off all the giants with thunderbolts. As if it were common sense. Were the Greeks just drunk on their mythology or is there some explanation?
>>
File: nervous.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nervous.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
>>414036
Man that is some really good bait.

Or you really are just that fucking indoctrinated.
>>
>>408894
I keep getting baited into looking at this shitty thread again because of Yoventura. Thanks, OP you sack of shit.
>>
>>408894
OP, you can't open a thread with an image like that, suggest hot giantess waifus, and not post hot tall chicks.

The fuck is wrong with you. Have some follow through.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.