[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did this actually happen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1448309602416.jpg (65 KB, 486x468) Image search: [Google]
1448309602416.jpg
65 KB, 486x468
Did this actually happen?
>>
>>403515
No, it's completely made up.
It's also pretty insulting to call people who are obviously fighting for the liberation of their country "Terrorists" just because they're from a Muslim nation and probably Muslim.
>>
>>403515
No
>>
>>403515
Well there wasn't a word for terrorism in his time so theres that.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.asp
>>
>>403519
but in this case they are.

Same shit is going on today- Islamic separatists in Mindinao, many factions in an ongoing guerilla war, terrorizing civilians and tourists, many are now ISIS affiliates.
>>
File: Insulting to Moslems.jpg (108 KB, 400x365) Image search: [Google]
Insulting to Moslems.jpg
108 KB, 400x365
>>403524
>Nonetheless, the desire for simplistic solutions to complex problems has spawned several widely-circulated notions that seek to transform a fight against terrorism to the easily-manageable level of a horror film or a comic strip. One popular notion is the concept that a pig is to a Muslim as a crucifix is to a vampire: simply arm yourself with a porker, and you can use it to render even the most fanatical terrorist helpless, sending him cowering in fear lest he come into contact with anything porcine.
>>
>>403531
>but in this case they are

Nice one. You actually want to explain why or are we just supposed to take your word on that?
>>
>>403539
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moro_Conflict
>>
>>403543
>1969

That doesn't sound like right before World War 1 to me. You do know people and cultures can change right? Why were the people described in the OP terrorists?
>>
>>403515
I'd like to know the source of this.

Also, while its been years since I read a biography of Pershing, I seem to recall that the Moros were not so much hopped up on religion as on drugs. Pershing campaigned against the Moro strongholds, but this seems a little far-fetched to me.
>>
>>403902
Also Pershing was in the Southwestern US before WWI, not Asia. Ever heard of the Pursuit of Pancho Villa?
>>
>>403519
Ever heard of Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters, you mong?
From the perspective of the US they were terrorists
>>
File: Moro Scouts with Bolo Bayonets.jpg (141 KB, 498x770) Image search: [Google]
Moro Scouts with Bolo Bayonets.jpg
141 KB, 498x770
>>403515
Flip here.

No because the Moros actually had great respect for the Mericunts for the sole fact that they did what Spain failed to (weirdly) do: beat them up.

If they pulled off this shit, Moro history wouldve had nothing good to say as regards to Americans.
>>403531
Actually, the Moros aren't even fighting for independence: they're being Invaded by the USA. When Spain sold the Islands/USA betrayed the Filipino revolutionaries in 1898, the Spics sort of forgot to tell the USA that they never owned Muslim Mindanao. Thus starting the Moro War.
>>
>>403519
>>403916
That's kinda retarded
It's easy to draw an objective, unbiased division between terrorists and resistants

Terrorist = attack civilian targets
Resistants = attack military targets only
>>
>>403985
>ter·ror·ist
>A person who uses terror in the pursuit of political aims.
So for example, the French Resistance and the partisans were still terrorists, just "justified" by the history books
>>
>>403909
Wasn't that aftrr he returned from the Philippines? I remember reading in Patton's biography that he served in incursions in Mexico under Pershing, who was called a veteran from the Philippines
>>
Does anyone else brainstorm torture techniques for Muslim terrorists in their spare time?
>>
>>403515
No, mostly because it completely flies in the face of everything about Pershing's personality and character.
>>
>>403515
Absolutely not. Pershing respected his enemies.
If you want a real butcher in the American-Philippine War look up General Jacob Smith.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.