[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im trying to start learn about world history but im confused
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: adolf-hitler-old.jpg (21 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
adolf-hitler-old.jpg
21 KB, 600x300
im trying to start learn about world history but im confused where to start.any figure?
>aristoteles?
>julius caesar?
>einstein?
>hitler?
>>
Why would you pick a figure if you're trying tolearn about world History? Wouldn't you rather pick up some sort of general texts on specific issues? like Europe in the Post-War/Middle Ages/whatever, for example
>>
can you tell me what is that.i have no idea what is that sorry
>>
>>403486
you mean like sort of big event changing in the past?
maybe OP should just try from WW1?
>>
>>403483
The era right before the American and french revolutions is a good start.
>>
>>403483
Fucking "great man" history pleb.

Fucking hang yourself
>>
>>403483
>great man history
No, you should obviously start with the neolithicum and the agricultural revolution
>>
>>403483
Get an encyclopedia that generally covers history, or even history encyclopedia for kids. Then get deeper or choose a period into your liking.
>>
File: ludwigvonblackhoven.jpg (246 KB, 908x1300) Image search: [Google]
ludwigvonblackhoven.jpg
246 KB, 908x1300
>>403517
>>403538
I don't think there's anything inherently wrong about learning about the prominent figures in history, because you'll learn about their context to, leading to a broader understanding of the period.

But that's just my pleb opinion.
>>
>>403483
I've started reading about the nazi germany with "The Rise and Fall" as my introductory book. You might give that a shot. It's a journalistic account though and from what ive seen most historians dont consider it a great history book
>>
>>403517
As opposed to learning about potato prices in 17th century or African tribe names?
>>
>>403517
He admits to being entry-level, give him a break.

>>403637
>the price of food isn't historically important
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.