[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Orthodox/Catholic Brotherhood Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 589x552) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 589x552
Why must we argue bitterly about our differences? That's what caused this all to begin with! What about what we have in common? Could we reunite as it was before the Schism?
Is it just the issue of the Primacy of the Pope holding us back from reunity?

Discuss differences civilly ITT. We want to foster brotherhood for reunification.
>>
Primacy actually isn't a problem at all, just supremacy.

I think the Catholics do a very good of worshiping God with their reason.
>>
>>402174
>Why must we argue bitterly about our differences?
because bread with azymes is bad
>>
Why was the Orthodox church so ball-less when it came to Communism? When you think the Pope, you think of a man who does either great or terrible things, but with Orthodoxy the priests do jack shit.
>>
>>402334

Orthodox bishops are a lot more decentralized than Catholicism
>>
>>402334
The Church is not supposed to be involved in worldly politics. If they start talking a lot about how communism is bad, greedy businessmen might start rolling out their quotes as some sort of sanction of capitalism.
>>
>>402174

>Why must we argue about our differences?

Because we don't want you to go to Hell

t. Catholic
>>
This. I recently converted to Catholicism, and in a crusade thread, I thought how fucking epic it would be for both churches (fuck degenerate Protestants tho) to join together and start a fucking crusade against sandniggers.

DEAUS VAULT
>>
File: 1406868789198.jpg (2 MB, 1821x3111) Image search: [Google]
1406868789198.jpg
2 MB, 1821x3111
Sup Orthobros. Visited an Orthodox Cathedral some months ago. It was really nice, probably the second nicest church I've been in. I really hope the Vatican goes through with sharing Easter dates with the you guys.
>>
>>402174

Outside the Catholic Church there is no salvation

The Church with the help of the Holy Ghost declared Ex Cathedra: "The most Holy Roman Church firmly believes, professes, and preaches that NONE of those existing outside the Catholic Church, not only pagans, but also Jews and heretics and schismatics, can have a share in life eternal; but that they will go into the eternal fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels, UNLESS before death they are joined with Her; and that so important is the unity of this ecclesiastical body that only those remaining within this unity can profit by the sacraments of the Church unto salvation, and they alone can receive an eternal recompense for their fasts, their almsgivings, their other works of Christian piety and the duties of a Christian soldier. No one, let his almsgiving be as great as it may, NO ONE, even if he pour out his blood for the Name of Christ, can be saved, unless he remain within the bosom and the unity of the Catholic Church." Eugene IV, the Bull Cantate Domino, 1441).
>>
>>403155

And just like that, the polytheists doomed their own church.

Luckily, I'm a little more open minded about my faith, which will survive, unlike your hopelessly outdated daycare for elders
>>
>>403112
I don't think they have to, in order to achieve communion. We have uniform Pascha dates, but we don't even celebrate Christmas uniformly (some have Julian Calendar, some have Gregorian).
>>
>>403112
Agreed. Orthodox is the second best Church.
>>
>>403170

Enjoy Hell with your "orthobros" then.
>>
>>403182
*tips horns*
>>
>>402174
>Why must we argue bitterly about our differences? That's what caused this all to begin with! What about what we have in common?

Thats protestant talk, there is literally no salvation outside of the Catholic Church, this is a point established by Papal infallability which means its something that cant be overruled by a council like Vatican II.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.