[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Britain is with Europe, but not of Europe What did he mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Winston-Churchill-007.jpg (65 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Winston-Churchill-007.jpg
65 KB, 620x372
>Britain is with Europe, but not of Europe

What did he mean by that?
>>
>>399690

He means that he came out of his mom's ass instead of the customary opening in the vagina.
>>
>>399690
Britain sides with Europe in matters where it is mutually beneficial, but does not consider itself a member of the same group as the continentals.
>>
That he wants britain to be able to meddle in the affairs of europe but not the opposite.
>>
>>399693

Is this some kind of meme? Especially a samefagging meme? I swear I see it every time I see a thread with

>What did X mean by Y

Often in the first post or two.
>>
>>399690

It's part of British culture to think of ourselves as separate from continental Europe.
>>
>>399690

>muh imperial sonderweg

that's basically it.
>>
>>399690
That brits like to deny reality
>>
>>399690
Brits believe they are special snowflakes.
>>
File: 1430112935295.jpg (14 KB, 193x261) Image search: [Google]
1430112935295.jpg
14 KB, 193x261
>>399690
stupid nationalistic bullshit
>1945+70
>taking winston churchill seriously
>revering him in any way
>>
Eternal Anglo etc...
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.