[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
French Revolution forum game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: reign-of-terror.jpg (743 KB, 1389x454) Image search: [Google]
reign-of-terror.jpg
743 KB, 1389x454
http://z13.invisionfree.com/eRegime/index.php?c=813588

>Relive history by playing as a real-life character during the French Revolution. Help lead France to her destiny and succeed where your character failed. Watch out for the guillotine.
>>
is Napoleon taken?
>>
t. Jacques Roux
>>
>>395314
>>395363
Roux is open, Napoléon isn't.
>>
French Revolution thread?
French Revolution thread.

Anyone have good reads on the subject? Most of what's online seems to be either "The Jacobins were saints and everyone they killed deserved to die" versus "the revolution was a masonic illuminati gay conspiracy against the wonderful world of European absolute monarchies."
>>
File: av-3.jpg (20 KB, 150x161) Image search: [Google]
av-3.jpg
20 KB, 150x161
>>395924
the big problem is that scholarship on the revolution was pretty much dominated by marxists until the end of the cold war.
>>
File: DSC_0020.jpg (844 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0020.jpg
844 KB, 1536x2048
>>395924
"Les hommes de la liberté" by Claude Manceron, it's a 10 tomes saga divided in 2 parts ("The Roots" and "The Tree"), about the french revolution. It start in December 1773, and speak about several caracters, in France, but also in Europe and America. It ends in 1797 and start dealing about Bonaparte.

I only have 5 books of "The Roots" (which end in 1789 with the took of the Bastille.

Manceron spent most of his life working of this job and he collected a huge amount of data to work with, also it is written really well, so it's really easy to read.

Here's a picture I took from the first book "Les vingts ans du Roi"
>>
>>396335
And also, you can read the biography of Marie-Antoinette by Stefan Zweig, which is a great work and give another view of the events as it is following her. Also the fact is, as a german, Zweig keep an interesting POV on what it is (considered as?) the pilar of french society/culture actually.
>>
>>395924
>>
>>396335
>>396406
Thanks.
>>
>>395924
François Furet
>>
>>396730
seconded
>>
File: kim jong il flowers.jpg (130 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
kim jong il flowers.jpg
130 KB, 800x533
>"the revolution was a masonic illuminati gay conspiracy against the wonderful world of European absolute monarchies."
*Was* the revolution started in part by secret societies?
>>
>>395924
Assassin's Creed: Unity
>>
>>396872
Not really. It was more or less spontaneous, then was given direction through the various political clubs in Paris.
>>
assassin's creed is so shitty
>>
>>399758
THEM'S FIGHTING WORDS ON /HIS/
>>
File: 293293922.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
293293922.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>French Revolution forum game
>forum game
>forum
>>
American Revolution would be better as a game.
>>
>eRegime
is it still run by that enver hoxha/stalin wannabe who literally unexists people after he bans them by editing them out of everything? i deeply suggest no one puts any attention into that place if ismail still runs it. can literally think of half a dozen people who he did this to, hes a fucking psycho don't sign up for his shitty forum pls

>"let me illustrate how insane ismail is. He banned ALL of the active players because he thought we were crypto fascists out to kill him IRL. Actually honest to god kill him IRL. Apparently this is all over a half life mod that this horrible plot to murder him started."
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.