[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is faith the only difference between animals and humans? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: räre.jpg (17 KB, 364x350) Image search: [Google]
räre.jpg
17 KB, 364x350
Is faith the only difference between animals and humans?

Is atheism a religion?
>>
lmao what?
>>
Dumb frogposter
>>
Atheism is pessimism, hedonism, and selfishness.
>>
>>395113
wew lad, I know it's a meme thread but you don't have to go all-out dank on the meme scale.
>>
>>395101
Opposable thumbs are somewhat important.
>>
the ability to transcend and reflect on one's self is the difference
>>
File: 1444184427412.gif (438 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1444184427412.gif
438 KB, 300x300
>humans
>not animals

????
>>
>>395101
No and no, you can leave your mom's basement now.
>>
>>395101
The former question belongs on /sci/, and it's worded in a retarded manner.

The question should be if faith (some sort of religious one in this case, defined as what we would consider religious activity among humans) in any other species than humans.

I've read that doves act on superstition while elephants and monkeys preform rain dances but other then that I don't know.

The second; atheism is the lack of theism. There are atheistic religions but atheism in itself isn't any less a set of beliefs than using your right hand to use the fork is a set of beliefs.
>>
>>395101
There are plenty of other differences. Animals do not read, write, or verbalize like we do, for instance.

Atheism is a viewpoint, though one could adhere to it in a religious way.
>>
>>395101
>Is faith the only difference between animals and humans?
No, do animals wear clothes?
>Is atheism a religion?
No, is theism a religion?
>>
>>395101
>Is faith the only difference between animals and humans?

The ability to organize into abstract groups and know imaginary characters is pretty important.

>Is atheism a religion?

No.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.