[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So whats the difference between Islam's Jesus and Christian's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 7
File: Jesus Isa.jpg (133 KB, 800x482) Image search: [Google]
Jesus Isa.jpg
133 KB, 800x482
So whats the difference between Islam's Jesus and Christian's Jesus..?

Both faiths are similar story's of him.
>>
>>393681
christianity holds that jesus was himself god/ a part of god/ the son of god and islam holds that he was a prophet with unique blessings
>>
>>393681
As far as I've heard, in Islam Jesus was simply seen as a "great prophet," the second greatest actually after Mohammed. Now, that brings up contradictions, as Jesus clearly said things that are incompatible with Islam, and I'm not currently aware how the Muslim intellectual community deals with this.
>>
>>393681
Islam prohibits people from worshipping anyone besides Allah. I'm not too sure here but I assume Isa is not a son of G-d but rather just a really cool guy.
>>
Muhammad existed
>>
>>393681
>Christianity
Jesus dies and is resurrected confirming him to be the messiah and basically everything he said to be true
>Islam
Jesus was directly sent to paradise and Allah deceived everyone into believing that Jesus died on the cross confirming essentially nothing and making him a very pointless character
>>
>>393714
*Tip*
>>
>>393710
Easy, Bible was written by men and contains errors. What islam says about him is 100% true.
>>
>>393939
kek
>>
>>393948
That's basically how they justify it. Christians use the same logic when it comes to contradictions between OT and NT, Jesus was the God so he could retcon everything he said previously.
>>
>>393725
I heard jesus is the most mentioned prophet in the Quran has that make him pointless? In Islam jesus comes back doe...
>>
>>393725
It proves that good triumphs over evil, and that Allah cannot be outdone by unbelievers plots.
>>
Islam Jesus

>A prophet who came to the Jews to reform their religion and tell them of their corruption, he was able to perform miracles through the power of God, he was not God at all, just a man. He gave some scriptures to humanity, called the Gospels, probably meant to be the original gospel the current ones take from. He was murdered but his soul was ascended to heaven before his body died.
>>
>>393939
The reasoning for Islam being 100% true one and the others being fallible is specifically that the Quran is the unaltered direct word of God in that exact form of the Arabic Language.
>>
>>393681

Jesus was directly sent to heaven, Allah deceived people to think he was crucified.

He should come back to kill the antechrist (Dajjal) at the end of times when he achieved to deceive the world
>>
>>395227

Oh and Jesus was only a prophet, islam forbids trinity
>>
>>393681
Christianity's Jesus claims to be the Son of Man, i.e. equal in status to God (look up Isaiah).

Islam's Jesus explicitly denies ever claiming to have been divine (which is a contradiction, as in it Allah word-for-word says he's already revealed the truth to the Christians in the Bible, and the Bible says Jesus claims divinity). It also says Allah does not and cannot have children, as he is too supreme. Jesus in Islam (called Isa) is just a really cool prophet, like Moses. He's also still the Messiah, and is going to show up at the end of days and do all the cool shit in Revelations, but with less being-the-son-and-heir-of-God.
>>
>>393939
>Easy, Bible was written by men and contains errors. What islam says about him is 100% true.
The Quran says the Bible is accurate.
>>
>>393939
>Bible was written by men
the Quran says the people of the Book have legit revelation
>>
>>393710
According to Islam, Christians corrupted the message of Jesus and modified his story, which is why sending Mohammed was necessary.
>>
>>395570
>According to Islam, Christians corrupted the message of Jesus and modified his story
That was a later retcon after they noticed the Bible doesn't say what the Quran says. Prior to that (even in the Quran itself), the official line was "God has given them their revelation, they still have it, they should follow it".
>>
>>393681
In Christianity Jesus is god himself made flesh, and also the very son of god, as well as being the long-awaited messiah.

In Islam Jesus is the messiah, as well as a prophet who was indeed born of a virgin. But he was on no accounts divine. He also didn't die on the cross, as he was elevated to heaven still alive.

There's also the matter of the second coming, where in Christianity Jesus will return in infinite glory and righteousness to fuck shit up. Whilst in Islam him and Muhammad will appear like two cowboys.
>>
>>395601
>not divine
>born of a virgin

So who was his father?
>>
>>395402
>>395582
Not exactly. It claims they were given revelations but they corrupted them and added a lot of extra.
>>
>>395608
A Roman soldier
>>
>>395608
There was no father, god just materialized him in utero from nothing.

It's like how god made Adam from nothing, but god isn't Adam's literal father.
>>
>>395608
His birth was miraculous, but God deciding to do him a solid to bring him into existence does not make him also God.
>>
>>395601
>Whilst in Islam him and Muhammad will appear like two cowboys.
That is kinda cool. Why is there no anime of this?
>>
>>395659
Because its sacred i think
>>
>>395659
You'd have a lot of dead Japanese animators on your hands.
>>
>>395664
That's never stopped Japan before.
>>
>>395622
>>395633
Right right, I forgot that if you believe souls exist you don't necessarily NEED two gametes to form a zygote.
>>
>>395675
If god had created the universe, why is it such a leap to also accept that god can materialize a baby is some girl's womb on a whim?
>>
>>395681
Uh yeah, that's what I was conceding to.
>>
>>395675
>I forgot that if you believe souls exist you don't necessarily NEED two gametes to form a zygote.
God doesn't need anything to do anything. "God can (and does) do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, wherever he wants, however he wants" is a big part of Islam. They're very big on God's omnipotence. He doesn't bind Himself into covenants with His people like in Judaism or Christianity either, because He cannot be restricted or contained. Humans are God's slaves, and the objective in Islam is to be a good slave, in doing so please God, and then hopefully He'll reward you (if he feels like it). If he doesn't, you have no right to complain, because He's God and He has the right to do whatever He wants with His property (i.e. all of existence). God is also benevolent and merciful, though, so He usually rewards people who behave, He just doesn't have to.
>>
the way his second coming is described in islam sounds more like the description of the false prophet in revelation than it does his second coming according to christianity.
>>
>>395861
Its literarily the same if not similar
>>
>>396000
it's not. the mahdi also is very similar to the beast of revelation.
>>
>>395659
I only know of an anime where Jesus and Buddha are buddies
>>
>>393710
>2nd greatest

Eh, all messengers are equal in Islam, prophets are less than messengers though.
>>
Jesus in Islam is just a Prophet who preached the message of Islam.

God had to send Muhammad because St Paul fucked up Jesus' message.

St Paul in Islam is seen in a similar way as Muhammad is in Christianity
>>
>>395187
Moses is the most mentioned (over 100) Jesus, name, is mentioned around 60 times and alluded to (The son of Mary) another 30 or so times.
>>
>>393681
>One says He was God and savior and died on the cross and rose again on the third day
>the other says he was just a prophet who didn't actually die on the cross
>>
>>397687
god died?
>>
>>395601
Muhammad doesn't return, but one of his descendants will rise to greatness in alliance with Jesus. His name will be the same as Muhammad's, but he's also called Al-Mahdi.
>>
Where did this "islam is superior" meme come from?
>>
>>395236
what about messiah? I remember that he was sometimes referred as Isa al-Masih (Jesus the Messiah)
>>
also to add some point to the argument, in Islam Jesus ascended to heaven and Judas' face was somehow altered to resemble Jesus' (didn't remember how it happened) and he was the one who got crucified instead.

Jesus would make a return to earth during the end of times to kill Dajjal, the Islamic version of Antichrist/false messiah
>>
the primary difference between islam and christianity is that in islam people are expected to be mindless slaves and suffer the wrath of god while christianity is more about reconciliation between god and his creation and forming covenants that both parties follow

it also helps that christianity is the culmination of classical philosophy
>>
>>393681
Jesus was a prophet, but not the Son of God, why would God be limited to one child? Also, he didn't die on the cross, he was saved just in time by an Angel or something.

That's Islams side. Which, as you might be able to tell, is quite conflicting with Christianity's side.
>>
So what is the timeline of Islamic Apocalypse? From what I gather is..
>Dajjal (Islamic Antichrist) appeared
>Deceives people
>Jesus came back from paradise
>Defeats Dajjal
>Age of Harmony
>Jesus dies
>Humans become corrupted again
>Apocalypse.
>>
>>398858
let me add some stuffs as well
>after Dajjal appeared, he gathered his followers and destroy Madinah, Mecca, and the Ka'bah
>nations called Ya'juj and Ma'juj that were separated from the rest of the world by a great wall (might be an actual wall, or may be just a metaphor) started to break the wall and unleash destructions on earth.
>Allah destroys the aforementioned nations with plague

I think these are what happened after the death of Jesus and Dajjal
>Islamic version of rapture happened, all muslims in the world suddenly died
>the angel Israfil blows a trumpet for the first time, killing all the remaining mankind
>Israfil blows the horn for the second time, resurrecting all mankind, muslims and non-muslims alike
>Day of Judgment happens, each and every single man will have their sins and good deeds weighed, told to cross a bridge in order to go to heaven. Should they fall, the fires of hell awaits them. For one whose good deeds outweigh their sins, the bridge will appear as a short and easy pathway, for sinners the bridge would appear as thin as a strand of hair that has been cut 7 times and a sharp as 7 blades.

That is as far as I know, I might be wrong because these are all based from what I remembered and I have lost the book I took the references from
>>
>>398858
>>398938
This is the story Da'esh propagates:
>Muslims meet the Romans at Dabiq and win
>third goes home, the rest goes on to conquer the world (maybe another third stays, not sure)
>at this time the Dajjal arises in the East
>recks everything with his army on the way West
>Muslims getting shafted everywhere
>final fight between the last couple hundred (or thousand) Muslims about to happen in Jerusalem
>Dajjal ready to rape the Muslims
>Jesus comes down from heaven and spears the Dajjal and his army
>end of time arrives, Jesus does the whole rapture thing
Tadaa.
>>
>>395608
midichlorians
>>
>>398959
yeah you have no idea about anything
greek philosophy and christianity are intimately connected, all christian dogma is expressed in greek concepts and denominations were separated via theological disagreements - again matters of greek philosophy
>>
>>393707
>christianity holds that jesus was himself god/part of god/son of god
That's not a universal concept among the denominations.
>>
>>398959
Augustine said: Christianity is the ultimate philosophy.
>>
>>398938
sounds like skyrim

damn this is interesting
>>
>>400617
isnt islam a reform from Christianity?
>>
>>402520
Islam is a plagiarism of Christianity.
>>
>>393681
Muhamad retconned some of the bible so it fits better to his own fan fiction.
>>
>>396033
It's pretty great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrvVVreWE6w
>>
In spanish there is a saying:
If the mountain doesnt go to mohammad, mohammad goes to mountain.

Mohammad must have some super power for the mountain to surrender to him. Logic dictates that if the mountain didnt move for mohammad then mohammad would move it. This guy is telekinetic, oh Jesus! But since mohammad coudn't move the mountain he moved what he could, his heart! Mohammad died of a heart attack! No he died due to his fervent fever!

Muslims believe Jesus was born of a virgin. They share the same conception story as the Christians but do not share the same conceptualizations. Christians view Jesus as God incarnate. Muslims view him as one of their foremost prophets. On par with Mohammad. However muslims are taught that the trinity is father, mother and son. So they believe Christians pray to the father, mother and son. Which to them is not an idealization but a blasphemy.
>>
>>407069
Who is this inhuman, Jesus guy?
>>
Muslims do not believe that Jesus was the son of God or that he died to free humanity from sin or that he resurrected.

>>393948
Except anon is right, that is how Muslims view it, dumbass.

>>394046
Christians ignore the contradictions, other than the changes in God's laws, and they claim that God's original laws were negated when Jesus changed them. So it's not really retconning things that happened, just changing rules.
>>
>>398644
So thats why half of em are named Muhammad? Momma hopes her boy will be The One kek
>>
>>410417
>second coming of Jesus denied in Christianity
u wot
>>
>>398938
What if they slip and fall on the short and easy path do they get another shot?
>>
>>399533
Those denominations are heretics, then,since Christianity is the worship of Jesus Christ as a divine figure who accomplished a divine mission.
>>
>>411309
I have no idea, sorry
>>
>>411326
This the goal of being "Christ"ian is to be like christ
>>
>>411309
>>411788
No, you trip once you are doomed forever.

That's why Muslims forbid alcohol.
>>
>>411905
hmm
>>
>>411905
I found that the quran never explicitly forbids the consumption of alcohol, it only says that alcohol is an incentive from satan and contains more bad essence than the good.
I guess alcoholic drinks are forbidden due to hadiths (sayings of Muhammad preserved by his followers) or interpretation of the quran by scholars
>>
>>399038
tee hee
>>
>>393681
Jesus was a pansy hippie
Mohammed was a warmonger pedo
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 219x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 219x250
>>416126
>pansy
>>
>>398630
Yes. Then he came back to life, because God has mastery over life and death.
>>
>>407069
>However muslims are taught that the trinity is father, mother and son.
How did they manage to get this wrong for over a millenium?
>>
>>416126
>hippie

Why is this view so widespread? He's literally talking about the apocalypse, coming back as a leader of heavenly armies and slaughtering most of the population after which they're gonna be tormented in eternal hellfire. Be my guest if you think that's hippy.
>>
>>416790
It's just something that's in the Quran, it doesn't turn up outside of that and most likely a reflection of the kind of Christian heresy that existed in Arabia at the time of its writing.
>>
>>399038

UNDERRATED

Also
>Christ = Anakin
>Anti-christ = Vader

It's pottery!
Also Lucas confirmed as a messenger of God.
>>
>>407069
>However muslims are taught that the trinity is father, mother and son.

That certainly isn't mainstream thought regarding the trinity amongst muslims.
>>
>>399251
The closest greek philosopher to Christianity and islam for that matter was the late roman stoic Epictetus with his feverant involment of god in his lectures
>>
>>416803
Actually that sounds pretty metal
>>
>>393681
jojo
>>
File: 1449549584152.jpg (32 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1449549584152.jpg
32 KB, 500x370
>>410417
>2nd coming of Jesus is denied in Christianity
Wait what?
>>
>>393681
nothing is similar dumb goy
>>
Simply because I think Jesus is our bodhisattva. A person who's genuinely found truth and decided to spread it. I would'nt exactly think he's a godlike superman. So, just as Muslims, I think he was great, even a master, an example, a man of God. I'd even call him a son of God, but are we not all sons of God? So, I hope you see what I mean.
>>
>>426622
Aw man, 4chan sometimes annoys me.

Put this before my sentence:

I think that Islam and Christianity are basically actually the same. And my personal view of him has never been in conflict with islam:
>>
>>393710
>second greatest
no they are no greater than, or less than in prophets in Islam

Muhammad was the Seal of the Prophets, but he died, and yet Jesus will come back to this Earth. Moreso, most of the Quran is about Moses, and his special relation to God, where he would actually speak to Him.
>>
>>395402
They were, but it was not recorded
>>
File: 1444359194896.gif (587 KB, 350x296) Image search: [Google]
1444359194896.gif
587 KB, 350x296
>>425472
/thread
>>
>>398938
I want to see some RPG or Japanese anime on this please
>>
>>395252
the Original Bible, before hand of man corrupted it
>>
>>411326
>Those denominations are heretics

All denominations are except the one you belong to. You can't use language like this if you're aiming for actual descriptive accuracy in describing what Christians believe.
>>
>>416790
The Collyridians believe Mary was divine, and they may have lived in an area near Mohammed in his day. Still, it's curious that Allah didn't correct him.
>>
>>416803
He talks big, but he didn't pull any of that heavenly kung fu bullshit on the Romans when push came to shove, he got nailed to the cross like a total faggot. The only modicum of manliness he displayed was whipping Jews at the temple, but I doubt they were athletic. "Turn the other cheek" is basically How To Be A Bitch 101
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.