[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
Hello fellow /his/torians, this thread is opened for discussion about the Commonwealth which (except for the partitions) always seems to get forgotten.
>>
>>392985
Because both the Poles and the Lithuanians want to forget it, I made a joking post on /int/ asking when reunification would occur and it ended up in a huge internet fight between them.
>>
>>393057
There are two factors actually.
1. Only Poles and Baltics care about it.
2. The only people who care about it hate it.

Those two combine to answer your question, OP.
>>
>>393057
Just uttering the word "Vilno" is enough to create tremendous Polish butthurt.
>>
File: 1355748389535.jpg (1 MB, 2180x1941) Image search: [Google]
1355748389535.jpg
1 MB, 2180x1941
>>393082
"Vilnius"
FTFY
Pretty much will insta trigger the Polaks.
>>
>>393082
nasze :^)
>>
>>393111
>le Polish jews weren't Poles meme
>>
File: 1416770516187.png (348 KB, 638x524) Image search: [Google]
1416770516187.png
348 KB, 638x524
>>393264
mmmm
>>
>>394292
Please, the Soviets literally did all the work for you.
>>
File: paper3-9-8.jpg (331 KB, 1020x805) Image search: [Google]
paper3-9-8.jpg
331 KB, 1020x805
>>392985
Why not reform it?
Just name it "commonpoverty" instead
>>
>>395172
how is the modern capitalist/post-commie divide relevant to the PLC?
>>
i wish i knew more about the commonwealth. eastern nations/empire are all to often forgotten :C
>>
>>393057
Lithuanians sometimes want to forget it and sometimes they pick some historical character to claim them as their own. It's changing from time to time.
The Commonwealth had some ideas that were ahead of its time but unfortunately the people were really shitty and they had terrible neighbors. At least they scored some pretty meme victories.
>>
They had the best concept of liberty ever devised, unfortunately it was restricted to the nobility, but if you expanded it instead of using bullshit like Rousseau's doctrines of equality, you could have liberalism that doesn't degenerates into communism over time.
>>
Fuck Lithuania.
>>
>>395626
Well about 13% of the population was some sort of nobility and everyone had a chance to become one so that's better than in other countries.
>>
I just became Commonwealth in EUIV feels good man.
>>
>>395902
Lithuanians should fuck off and accept Polish superiority. Look at them now, the pathetic shits, reliant on NATO and especially Poland to save their worthless asses from Russia. They are incapable of defending themselves with their tiny armies yet want to provoke the Russians, because they know it is other countries that will do the dying for them.

All the V4 and Baltic nations should acknowledge Poland's leadership and leading role in the regional security architecture.
>>
Lithuanians aren't liked much by latvians or estonians either. They've got this weird superiority-napoleonic complex going on at the same time.
And these days polacks are more based than jerries or frogs.

Fuck litts.
>>
>>397072
American here. This.

Poland is the last free nation on Earth. All others are either slaves or masters, but only Poland has chosen liberty!
>>
>>397154

t. Pole
>>
bumping for interest on the subject
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.