[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Historical figures that were actually not such great people,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 25
File: MotherTeresa_094.jpg (124 KB, 729x758) Image search: [Google]
MotherTeresa_094.jpg
124 KB, 729x758
ITT: Historical figures that were actually not such great people, contrary to popular belief. I'll start.
>>
What does "great people" mean?
>>
File: thisishitlergetoverit.jpg (23 KB, 289x292) Image search: [Google]
thisishitlergetoverit.jpg
23 KB, 289x292
>>
>>392578
more great than me for sure
>>
>>392582
Meaning people who at one point were regarded as infallible who actually had serious character flaws that went largely unnoticed.
>>
>>392587
"more great"
>>
Why her?
>>
>>392593

Who regarded mother teresa as infallible? She was a woman who spent nearly her entire life serving the disadvantaged despite developing serious doubts about god. That makes her better in my book than a woman who spends her whole life secure in the knowledge that her actions will reward her with paradise.
>>
>>392602
her homes for the dying didnt provide medical care, didnt allow people to leave and prevented all family from visiting. yeah they sure do sound great.

the catholic church pocketed all the money they got from donations and built nunneries all around the world. nothing they did directly helped the sick and dying in anyway.
>>
JFK I suppose.

I mean he died before his presidency could be tarnished, but there's still stuff like the Bay of Pigs (which was an Eisenhower plan under the CIA, but in the end JFK decided to take the fall for it)

>>392602

She did admittedly do some stuff that makes one raise an eyebrow. Like he she personally flew in to Ireland to fight the overturning of the law that made divorce illegal, because as a Catholic she was against it. Nevermind that the law means that Protestants, or just non-Catholics in general, were also subject under the law and had no choice when the religion that imposed it was not theirs. If she was just sticking to her principles, that wouldn't be the issue. But she also was famous for saying to Princess Di that she hoped her life was better now that she was divorced.
>>
>>392595
yes desu
>>
>>392611

I don't see how the second part is her fault, unless you mean to say that the Catholic Church built nunneries because of her instead of using the money in a way that provided more aid to at-risk populations.
>>
Basically anything about Gandhi that wasn't about India being independent belongs in this thread.
>>
>>392611
There was an interview I saw with a former nun who worked with Theresa. She said that she had an obsession with suffering and believed it brought people closer to God.

Not sure how legit her story was though.
>>
is everyone blind? Do you not see the evil on her face? She built houses of pain to please some of the worst subhumans that the catholic church ever hosted. They were satanic destinations, behind closed doors... How can you believe that inside a place with no doctors and plenty of dying people, you can have normal people watching, not letting family members in?

They were houses of pain, end of story. Use google before you turn around.
>>
Gandhi of course.
>>
File: le_alcoholic_atheist.jpg (247 KB, 1127x914) Image search: [Google]
le_alcoholic_atheist.jpg
247 KB, 1127x914
>>392578
Go back to your grave Christopher, you keep making us look like edgefags.
>>
File: mahatmagandhi225.jpg (10 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
mahatmagandhi225.jpg
10 KB, 225x300
>>
File: FDR_in_1933.jpg (94 KB, 800x941) Image search: [Google]
FDR_in_1933.jpg
94 KB, 800x941
This sneaky cockhead right here.
>>
I heard that MLK used to sleep with underaged prostitutes.
>>
>>392578
Goddam albos
>>
>>392578
Mother "Fuck The Orphans" Theresa
>>
>>392857
>>392993
What did he do so bad?
>>
Woodrow Wilson
FDR
JFK
Reagan
Clinton
>>
>>393623

He was racist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-34265882
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>392578
True. She forced people to endure horrible suffering for no reason.

>>392614
JFK was the last President we had to try and halt the NWO. He wanted to lessen the power of the Federal Reserve, so they killed him.

>>392634
Yes, Gandhi was a cunt too

>>393001
Yes, the New Deal was a horrible mess that enabled all the NEETs on 4chan to be a part of the destruction of western society 80 years later

>>393014
Everyone did back then tb.h

>>393656
Woodrow Wilson is at the top of my list of unknown assholes. This is the guy who created the Federal Reserve on Christmas Eve while we were at war. Just fucking snuck in the death of U.S. financial independence under our noses while we fought and died for the country. He signed back into existence what Andrew Jackson spent his entire life keeping out of the U.S. - International Finance (i.e. you know who)
>>
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>393698
Wrong board. You might wanna try /pol/ or some libertarian site.
>inb4 shitposting
>>
File: krugman_0.jpg (61 KB, 594x395) Image search: [Google]
krugman_0.jpg
61 KB, 594x395
>>393698
Rothbard srs
>>
>>393857
>>393863

Disagreeing with me is fine, but telling me to go somewhere else because you don't like my opinion makes you sound like you want a Safe Space.
>>
>>393698
> International Finance (i.e. you know who)
Why you got to be that way, senpai? I was with you until that point.
>>
>>393623
Took credit for Indian independence and has become a symbol of how peaceful resistance is 'superior' to violent resistance; despite the road to Indian independence being paved with a lot of bloodshed.
>>
>>393992

Fine - maybe it isn't THE JOOOS but you cannot deny that International Finance is what truly guides society and politics. No one can fight a war without money to finance it. No one gets elected without money to run a campaign. No one stays in power without money to crush resistance. And our country is financed by a private bank that is deliberately called the Federal Reserve to mislead the public into believing they are part of the government.
>>
>>394029

He was also an huge supporter of apartheid in South Africa being applied to black people. He'd also regularly sleep naked (as in literally sleep, but still) with prepubescent girls in order to "test the ferocity" of his sexual desires.
>>
>>394041
>Fine - maybe it isn't THE JOOOS but you cannot deny that International Finance is what truly guides society and politics
No, I can't and I don't. That's why I hate THE JOOOS bullshit.

The Fed is a blatantly and obviously evil institution. If you think it'd be ok if somebody else was in charge of it, you're playing Mammon's game.
>>
>le every great person was secretly a cunt, every reviled historical figure was secretly a saint maymay

shittiest meme on this whole board tbqh
>>
File: 19750429.jpg (63 KB, 587x387) Image search: [Google]
19750429.jpg
63 KB, 587x387
>>392578
You called?
>>
>>393992
It is ruled by Jews. The FR controls most of world banks and the FR hasn't had a non-Jewish CEO in decades. Look that up, it's even on fucking wikipedia.

That said, not all Jews are "evil reptilian overlords". They're just people like me and you. There are great and nice people and there are assholes. But the Jewish elite? The ones controlling banking? Yeah, they're the ones pulling the strings and the reason why the "LE JOOZ" meme started.
>>
File: hello to jason isaacs.jpg (48 KB, 376x565) Image search: [Google]
hello to jason isaacs.jpg
48 KB, 376x565
>>393986
Just having a laff at you.
>>
>>393986
Your opinion was actually completely valid and welcome until you injected paranoid anti-Semitism into it.
>>
>>394398
It remains valid, despite your feelings being hurt.
>>
>>394324
It's almost as though people aren't one-dimensional figures and everyone is parts good and bad.
>>
>>393623

He's not necessarily "bad", he's just extremely overrated.

>Slept naked with young girl who IIRC believe was his niece
>Was racist
>Indian independence was actually a pretty violent process, regardless of what you may hear

The only reason he goy hyped up as such a great individual was because of his assassination. Also, since India became a capitalist nation supporting the west, western governments tried to hype India up as a success story to show that 3rd world countries could be free and successful without Communism. The fact that Inida is only just now rivalling the success nearby Communist nations made decades ago shows how bullshit this was. And they still can't poo in loo
>>
File: britain_churchill-copy.jpg (126 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
britain_churchill-copy.jpg
126 KB, 620x465
This fat manchild completely ruined more countries than he had fingers.
>>
>>394442
Personally I want an informed space and "evul FED" NWO conspiracy stuff is /x/ tier.
>>
File: prophet-muhammad.jpg (30 KB, 369x530) Image search: [Google]
prophet-muhammad.jpg
30 KB, 369x530
This faggot right here.

Delusional, founded the worst religion in history, mass murderer, child raper, inspired billions of other murderers and rapists throughout the past 1500 years, currently responsible for the cancer that is killing this world.

And if you live in a Muslim or Anglo country? It's against to law to question him. Fuck Muhammad.
>>
>>394592
Except that's a depiction of Ali wielding Zulfiqar.

Goes to show exactly how much you know about Islam if you can't even get that right.
>>
>>394592
But thats not Muhammad, it's Ali.
>>
>>394611
>>394613
Sorry, I'll use the turban bomb pic next time.
>>
Churchill, for God's sake
>>
>>393857

You can't seriously contend that the federal reserve is anything but a cancer
>>
>>394767
What do you think the Federal Reserve does?
>>
File: peoples.png (1 MB, 1234x1336) Image search: [Google]
peoples.png
1 MB, 1234x1336
>>394592
Anglos deserve what's happening now for fucking up every country they've had their grimy little fingers in and being the lead cause for the shitty world as we know it today
It's either an ignorant Anglo or American that made this post
>>
>>393623
like, I know this word gets bandied about a lot these days, but Ghandi was a racist ass motherfucker. Hasn't done shit to help the oppressed untouchable caste in India.
>>
File: Voltaire.jpg (12 KB, 220x276) Image search: [Google]
Voltaire.jpg
12 KB, 220x276
>>
>>392611
They were hospitals full of
>wait for it
people sick with communicable diseases
Healthy people were kept out so they wouldn't get sick
>Built convents
Yeah - that trained nuns as nurses and doctors to care for the poor.
You are complaining about how the Church used donations to create more nurses and doctors to care for poor people.
>>
File: richard lionheart.jpg (13 KB, 259x393) Image search: [Google]
richard lionheart.jpg
13 KB, 259x393
>>
File: 1406825149663.png (42 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1406825149663.png
42 KB, 625x626
>>392602
Come on anons, this is fucking bait. This person can't be this fucking stupid.
>>
>>392602
She supported regimes. Her 'hospitals' were death houses, they would reuse syringes on different patients and spreading diseases, killing their patients. She took money from corrupt government.
The worst thing about her was her message. "The poor should stay poor and not try to improve their situation, instead they should devout themselves to god and wait till they died."
She is an evil woman.
>>
File: Alexander III.jpg (249 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Alexander III.jpg
249 KB, 1200x1200
>>392578
>>
>>393623
He would sleep with kid girls and rub against them, touch them and so on. They would perform enemas on him.
It's said that he didn't sleep with them but who knows really how far it got, he clearly wanted to since he rubbed and touched them.
He was a pedophile and should be remembered as one.
>>
>>395193
Sounds like he just had good taste.
>>
>>393001
Cokehead?
>>
>>393623
Collaborated with LSE economists desu
>>
>>394343
I don't think anyone is claiming otherwise.
He did a good job though.
>>
>>394817
where the fuck did you hear this you retarded american asshole, gandhi believed the predominant theory of negroes being lesser men, but during his time it was accepted as common knowledge.
His work on harijans was the turning point in introducing the untouchables into society in the badlands of india.
>>394462
>west
>hyped up india
nice try gook.
>>
>>395193
and a few years ago in victorian england, it was good fashion to take photos of young naked girls.

yes he had weird ideas but he didn't go around with his cunnyfarm
>>
Years from now people are going to be talking shit about present day heroes people because in the future the juiciest parts of the internet history are going to included in their biographies.

>The 46th president, while outwardly a devout christian, would routinely search "FUTA" on google.com, a slang term for girls with male reproductive organs.
>>
>>393857
>>393698
Facts are /pol/ material.
>>
>>394343
In what world was Kissinger ever viewed as infallible? People have been calling him a war criminal since the end of the Nixon administration.
>>
>>395335
>Implying future people need futa explained to them
>>
>>395457
>implying future people won't all be genetically engineered futanari anyway
>>
>>395407
>Historical figures that were actually not such great people, contrary to popular belief
A ton of people give him credit for the Paris Accords and for opening up China to the west, using his Nobel prize as evidence of his greatness.
>>
File: total jerk.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
total jerk.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
Although nowadays it is more well known how much of a dick she was.

Back when she was considered a fucking saint.
>>
>>394793
Yeah, I would never want to be a faggit archer.
>>
>>394851

Agreed. The guy was basically the TMZ of Europe back then. Using his status as a popular writer to get into courts and salons only to write the most negative things possible about anyone and everyone he met. Just a prick for the sake of being a prick, through and through.
>>
>75 posts
>No Mandela
He deserved every second in jail.
>>
>>396177
Candide is hilarious tho
>>
>>394896
yea, he should have expected his assassin to suffer a grizzly fate. A pardon can't help others if your dead
>>
>>393014
Didn't J Edgar Hoover made that shit up?
>>
>>392929

He wasn't the first person to talk shit about Teresa, there were several books speaking negatively of her before he wrote The Missionary Position.
>>
>>393014

He cheated on his wife, that much he acknowleged.

I don't think that undermines his politcal actions.
>>
File: Leonardo Dumb Vinci.jpg (135 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Leonardo Dumb Vinci.jpg
135 KB, 768x432
>>
>>396320

No but he did use old pineapple sized listening devices to gain the info.
>>
>>394289
The reason he did it was to prove he was serious about his vow of chastisty. IIRC he made that vow because he was having sex with his wife when his father died.
>>
>>396359
>simplicus
>>
>>
>>393698
>Federal Reserve
>International Finance (i.e. you know who)
m8, the Fed is the American Finance.
>>
>>394470
>informed space
lol, you even used the noun 'space'

You just want a safe space.

>tumblr.com
>reddit.com

Choose your poison.
>>
File: 1449820988383.png (155 KB, 328x328) Image search: [Google]
1449820988383.png
155 KB, 328x328
>>396940
>wanting people to not be autistic in a discussion is wanting a safe space
>literally arguing I'm being a retard and you can't stop me
>>
File: OhMyKeks.jpg (163 KB, 1127x545) Image search: [Google]
OhMyKeks.jpg
163 KB, 1127x545
>>393674
>>394029
>>394462
>>394817
>>395193
Don't listen to them anon! Ghandi wuz a good man, did nuffin wrong. So he touched a few kids, no big deal just tryna control his urges! Look at wat he accomplished!
>>
Gandhi was a cyclopean retard. When Hitler was threatening to attack Czechoslovakia, Gandhi advised the Czechoslovaks not to resist because muh peaceful resistenz bix nood mofugga. Well they didn't resist after all and got royally dicked.

The thing with Gandhi is that the British were way too civilized and lenient to dissent, so he was able to get away with his shenanigans. Had he lived in the USSR he would've been shipped into a gulag and the nazis would flat out toss him to the oven.
>>
>>394343
A great man.
God tier.
Should be on Rushmore.
Will one day be the icon for a world wide religion.
>>
>>392578
Fuck off Christopher Hitchens
>>
File: 78590247908243078.jpg (132 KB, 1152x814) Image search: [Google]
78590247908243078.jpg
132 KB, 1152x814
>>396167
>>
>>392578
Isn't that just a reddit meme?
>>
>>397623
Best quote
>>
>>394793

So you want to trade your late middle ages or early renaissance plate armor to couple centuries more primitive chainmail?
>>
File: Portrait_Gandhi.jpg (265 KB, 800x1202) Image search: [Google]
Portrait_Gandhi.jpg
265 KB, 800x1202
>>392578
Gandhi made his grand-nieces sleep naked in his bed with him, while he was also naked. He was shitty to them in general IIRC, and also he was a racist. Also, his followers brutally murdered a British electrical engineer in a race riot that he (Gandhi) incited, and then he tried bribing and then threatening the engineer's widowed wife into keeping silent.
>>
>>397696
Actually the engineer wasn't British, he was American. Gandhi's followers gouged out his eyes and literally tore him limb from limb because they thought he was British.
>>
>>393698
>no reason.

Her reason was that it helped them reach closer to God, I'd explain how she and others came to such a conclusion, but either way her reasoning is very questionable even for Christian scholars.
>>
>>397696
>>397762
And the same gandhi stopped a nationwide agitation early because he was autistic about his nonviolence
>>
>>394317
> Browses /his
> Know nothing about history
>>
>>393623
He nuked America, Indonesia, and Egypt, anon, how can you not remember?
>>
>>397660
You seem to have no argument against the wealth of sources indicating she was a bitch.
>>
File: conchita_wurst.jpg (26 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
conchita_wurst.jpg
26 KB, 600x400
>>394592
>>
>>394592
>And if you live in a [...] Anglo country? It's against to law to question him.

This isn't true though.
>>
Jimmy Carter
>>
>>397623
This is terrible advice.
>Just be stubborn and never consider other people's criticisms of your ideas might be correct
>>
>>392578
NONE OF YOU UNDERSTAND!

THE POOR AND SICK DON'T NEED FOOD AND SHELTER AND MEDICAL TREATMENT! THEY NEED SALVATION! YOUR IMMORTAL SOUL IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR HEALTH AND WELL BEING.
>>
ITT: people who don't understand the importance of glorified icons and their impact to the population
>>
>>399512
ITP: person who doesn't understand the point of the fucking thread
>>
>>399515
No I get it, it's you who doesn't understand my post
>>
>>392611
Even if that was the case, the people could die with dignity rather than in a pile of shit in the street.
>>
File: 2.jpg (2 MB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
2 MB, 1365x1024
>>392578
I can't believe this myth of Mother Teresa's "badness" still exists. I'm not a Catholic, so I have no perogative to defend her, but the fact of the matter is that her convalescent homes are set up in the most desperately impoverished and forgotten ghettos of India - places where material salvation from suffering simply is not made available by the government or social programs. People literally crawl off these streets after decades of pestilance, starvation, and poverty. These people were not made to suffer by Mother Teresa and her staff, they came in already afflicted with unbearable suffering.
Now I'm not saying that these people do not deserve to have medical and social services made available to them, but I also do not blame a nun who has taken a vow of poverty to be able to provide that to millions. Instead, she was able to give a final place of comfort to these people, somewhere they could go to have a warm bed, a meal, and a human touch for their final days. If that's evil, then I could only hope to be as wicked and sinful as her.
>>
>>399706
Mother Teresa (Anjez Gonxhe Bojaxhiu) wasn't even religious.
No Albanians are
>>
>>399706
>>399675
>they would die with dignity
or maybe she could have done what other jesuits in India used to do and create a goddamn hospital.
>>
>>397696
he also let his wife die... and then used the treatment he prevented her from using to save his own life

total scumbag
>>
>>399675
DESIGNATED

DYING

HOME
>>
>>400259
because she was autistic enough to want traditional medicine.
I swear, you faggots cherrypick examples without reading what happen.
>>
>>400186
LIVES DON'T MATTER RELATIVE TO IMMORTAL SOULS!
>>
>>400363
this shit pisses me off, my mom used to live in calcutta, and she was largely ambivalent about Mother teresa.
Groups like the Ramkrishna mission actually build hospitals and dispensaries to help poor people.
>>
>>394851

>H
>R
>E
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.