[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/ approved podcasts. I've been listening to the Ancient
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: original_Dan_Carlin.jpg (40 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
original_Dan_Carlin.jpg
40 KB, 640x428
/his/ approved podcasts.
I've been listening to the Ancient World podcast by Scott C., but the guy's a total drag.

Any good podcasts about Prussia, the Age of Exploration, or the Enlightenment?

Also, feel free to name any other /his/ related media you consume.
(Pic of badass definitely related)
>>
New Books Network
>>
File: 1446743034818.png (139 KB, 1899x535) Image search: [Google]
1446743034818.png
139 KB, 1899x535
bumping with this for the 2 newfags who haven't read it yet
>>
I have recently played the WW1 podcast by Carlin and was surprised to find a bunch of mistakes in it, minor(-ish) but like quite a few in just the first half an hour or an hour or whatever about the start of WW1 and Princip etc. Like sequence of events, number of people involved, repeating debunked myths (about minor stuff). It was not "podcast-breaking" but it was something rather basic which you would expect from a "Not A Historian (tm) Just A Fan Of History". Made me sort of wary about the rest of his work.
>>
>>382300
Can you point out examples?
>>
>>382300
Yeah what debunked myths? I don't want to be repeating false shit.
>>
>>382283
Wtf is the point with this image exactly?
>>
>>382317
It's Baneposting with the common tropes of Dan's podcasts.
>>
>>382305
Just listen to the part about Princip - Carlin repeats the sandwich anecdote which however is just junk from a novel from 2000 or something like that. He also mistakes members of the AD's entourage with local officers and inflates the number of would-be assassins, he says two dozen I think, when there were just six. Like I said it's not major, fact-twisting, glaring mistakes but it's rather annoying seeing as it is rather basic stuff, the sort that you can even find easily on wikipedia or something. I don't particularly care about Carlin either way but to me it seems like he picked one book and ran with it - except the book was wrong and he did not do much factchecking or research.
>>
>>382328
Yeah, but is it any further purpose with it besides the lulz?
>>
>>382334
What do you mean? It's just funny
>>
>>382333
So Princip was not eating a sandwich or did he not run into them like that?
>>
>>382339
Thought that it perhaps was some kind of criticsm I didn't understanding regarding his shows.
>>
File: 1385935059062.png (26 KB, 775x591) Image search: [Google]
1385935059062.png
26 KB, 775x591
>>382333
>Carlin repeats the sandwich anecdote which however is just junk from a novel from 2000 or something like that.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/gavrilo-princips-sandwich-79480741/?no-ist

huh that's real fucking neato
>>
>>382342
According to my brief time googling, Princip was at (or near) a cafe but nowhere is there a mention that he sat down for lunch until recently. Link is
>>382349
>>
File: pljeskavica-burger.jpg (29 KB, 550x319) Image search: [Google]
pljeskavica-burger.jpg
29 KB, 550x319
>>382342
no, he was eating a pljeskavica, a sandwich in bosnia is a 20th century anachronism :^)
>>
>>382233

There is already a thread about youtubers/podcasters whatever.
>>
>>382403
Cool, thanks
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.