[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is America's greatest moment in history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1431046952936.jpg (79 KB, 800x575) Image search: [Google]
1431046952936.jpg
79 KB, 800x575
What is America's greatest moment in history?
>>
>>380820
Moonlanding
>>
>>380820
Winning the War of 1812 is high on my list. Also, the Louisiana Purchase. You could go modern and say the Berlin Air Lift (within the larger sense of having a commitment to protect our allies against the Soviet Union).

Good luck with whatever five paragraph essay you pick for your assignment kid. Most of us could write in less than 15 minutes.
>>
>>380889
>Winning the War of 1812
"no"
>>
>>380820
The entire latter half of the 20th century, where it transformed itself from a wealthy, yet isolationist and slightly backwater nation to a global hegemony that controls the worlds oceans, its currency backing the world economy, and its culture dominating in most parts of the world.
>>
>>380900
You are not the professor, you are just here to empty the trash cans.
>>
>>380939
Nice comeback. Still doesn't make 1812 an American victory.
>>
>>380946
How the fuck is not an American victory? I can't even. Battle of New Orleans?

Let me look out the window... nope, don't see a British flag. You know what, I can't do this right now. It is 4 in the fucking morning and I can't even. You win. You fucking win. America lost the war of 1812. Congratulations. I look forward to seeing the Queen.
>>
>>380968
>I can't even
I want you to leave
>>
>>380968
Abloobloobloo. Both sides had war aims they didn't manage to achieve. America set out to annex the entirety of Canada and failed. Britain Wanted to annex North Eastern America, an independent Indiana territory, and a change in the northern New Orleans borders. Both sides failed to achieve any meaningful victory, except that the Brits burned down the White House and got out of that war quickly as to keep fighting Nappy.

Stop being such a giant black and white faggot, holy shit. Back to leddit with you.
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 736x874) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 736x874
Fun fact, that Russian soldier, Nikolai Belyaev, died today.

Rest In Peace, comrade.
>>
>>380979
>Nikolai Belyaev
He died in the '60 and even not on this day.
>>
>>380968
>Am Canadian.
>Let me look out the window.
>American Flag? Nope.
>>
>>380976
>Britain Wanted to annex North Eastern America, an independent Indiana territory

Thats why the brits lost, and they were just pissed because the US was still fucking with them through france.
>>
>>381684
>completely ignoring the fact that America wanted to annex all of Canada
That's why America lost they didn't annex Canada and got the white house burned down
>>
File: redcoats n shit.jpg (180 KB, 640x980) Image search: [Google]
redcoats n shit.jpg
180 KB, 640x980
>>381706
>tfw the White House burned down
>>
>>381706
The US made such a halfhearted effort at canada, at least they fought better than the Injuns.

>white house burned down
I think you can still take a tour
>>
>>380838
This.

Or dropping Trinity, as terrifying as it may be.
>>
File: hello to jason isaacs.jpg (48 KB, 376x565) Image search: [Google]
hello to jason isaacs.jpg
48 KB, 376x565
>>381720
Not in 1814 you couldn't
>>
>>380820
The start of one of these three, depending on how you see it:

Mexican American War
Spanish American War
Philippine American War
>>
>>380820
Liberating Berlin in 1945 and thus winning the second worold war all by themselves!
>>
>>381832
The Phillipine campaign had so much promise at first, but jesus christ. The things we had to do there to put down the insurrection were exactly the things we got so angry at Spain for in Cuba.
>>
>>380968
>achieves none of war aims
>victory

Brits didn't achieve most of their aims either (apart from defending canada), but we're also trying to take on napoleon at the same time and had been for a decade at this point. You could call it a draw but in no way was it an American victory
>>
>>380889
>Winning the War of 1812 is high on my list.
Not sure if trolling or American education.
>>
>>380820
>What is America's greatest moment in history?
How is this even a question?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.