[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that "Petros" means a stone that can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 243.jpg (44 KB, 474x474) Image search: [Google]
243.jpg
44 KB, 474x474
Daily reminder that "Petros" means a stone that can be easily moved (generally small enough to throw), whereas "petra" means a stone that cannot be moved (a massive boulder or a cliff). So it's pretty clear Christ was saying, "Just as sure as you are the wavering stone, I build by Church on the rock." Indeed, Peter ends up denying Christ and committing apostasy (though he certainly repents and is a saint and martyr), despite being Christ's most ardent disciple.
>>
Daily reminder that the Christian god isn't real and you need to start posting your fedora folders.
>>
>>374560

Just stop being a stubborn prick and rejoin the Mother Church already, OP
>>
>>374567
I'm already part of it, dude. Rome didn't give birth to the Church.
>>
>>374560
Daily reminder that Christ spoke Aramaic and the word used both times when he said was keffa.
>>
Daily reminder that Jesus was referring to the destruction of the temple when he was talking about judgement day so he's never actually coming back.
>>
>>374624
A word which comes from the Hebrew כָּפַף

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/3721.htm

Christ most like did *not* use this keffa where petra was used. He most likely used shu'a, which means "massive rock".
>>
>>374656
>a. A reconstructed Aramaic/Syriac of the passage would properly be:
>"You are KE'PHA' (a movable stone) and upon this SHU`A' (a large massive rock) I will build my church."
>This is in exact correspondence to the original inspired Greek text:
>"You are PETROS (a movable stone) and upon this PETRA (a large massive rock) I will build my church."
>>
>>374656
>>374667
lmao no
>>
File: Something is wrong.jpg (106 KB, 708x720) Image search: [Google]
Something is wrong.jpg
106 KB, 708x720
>>374560
Preach.
>>
>>374630
>he can't refer to two things at once
Same thing with Revelations.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.