[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"The Bible is none other than the voice of Him that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 01.jpg (48 KB, 300x470) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
48 KB, 300x470
>"The Bible is none other than the voice of Him that sitteth upon the Throne! Every Book of it, every Chapter of it, every Verse of it, every word of it, every syllable of it ... every letter of it, is the direct utterance of the Most High!" - John William Burgon

how do you respond?
>>
>>370238
"Is this man Coniah a despised broken idol? is he a vessel wherein is no pleasure? wherefore are they cast out, he and his seed, and are cast into a land which they know not?

O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the LORD.

Thus saith the LORD, Write ye this man childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days: for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah. "

And then I point out that Matthew includes Jeconiah in Jesus' geneology.
>>
>>370238
i dont, the man is a raving lunatic
>>
That's, like, your opinion man. Also, the bible was put together by a bunch of clergymen over a period of centuries.
>>
>>370238

But we know that's not true. The reason that the "Tanach" is divided the way it is has to do with the level of Divine Dictation that's involved. The 5 books of Moses were directly dictated. The Prophets had connection to God but only in the form of dreams and visions with some guidance. The Ketuvim often had no prophetic connection at all.
>>
>>371184
>>370366
You're both wrong. The Septuagint was written by Greek Scholars working in isolation.
>>
>>370286

hahahhhahah this is the correct answer. Anyone who shouts the LORD in all capitals is soapbox on skid row tier.
>>
File: 1447728803556.jpg (129 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1447728803556.jpg
129 KB, 640x640
>>370238
Quote Richard Dawkins at him
>>
>>370238
one word

why
>>
Prove it
>>
File: 1448585484114.jpg (67 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1448585484114.jpg
67 KB, 800x800
>>370238
>written by multiple people
>different takes on the same event
>translated many times over time
>disputes left several books dropped or added over if they were canon or not
>there isn't even a commonly agreed upon bible across Christendom
>or a commonly agreed upon denomination
>over the course of several thousands of years dating back to ancient tribal peoples

I am a Christian and I still don't fucking think everything is spot on what it was meant to be.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.