[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favourite history podcasts or youtube series, Need something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: CONSTANTINOPLE_4.jpg (786 KB, 1300x753) Image search: [Google]
CONSTANTINOPLE_4.jpg
786 KB, 1300x753
Favourite history podcasts or youtube series, Need something for playing video games.
>>
Crash Course - John Green
>>
>>368867
yes.

Haters of that show are dumb
>>
>>368867
haha
ebin
simply ebin :^)

Don't listen to this troll OP
>>
>>368867
It's shallow and biased but it makes a good introduction. Use it as a springboard to find areas you're interested in
>>
File: memes.png (478 KB, 478x676) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
478 KB, 478x676
>>368867
>>368994
>>
>>366950
https://www.youtube.com/user/dancarlinpodcaster

makes John Green look like an uninformed little boy
>>
>>366950
Real Crusades History on Youtube. The man can't be stopped.
>>
>>369159
When did jesus get a tattoo?
>>
>>366950
Try "New Books in History" and "History Respawned".
>>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUcyEsEjhPEDf69RRVhRh4A

If you like first world war history and want a pretty much objective look at the war and its effects and progression then this is the one to watch.
>>
I guess Attila's Constantinopolis map isn't that innacurate
>>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9pgQfOXRsp4UKrI8q0zjXQ

Lindybeige

But it isn't primary for the historic I've subsrcibed, but rather what he knows about history in the context of what is and isn't silly in pnp rpg.
>>
>>372911
He's frolicking in the necropolis at Hieropolis!
>>
>>366950

History of Rome podcast is/was god-tier
http://thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/the_history_of_rome/
>>
History of Rome, a podcast by Mike Duncan. It has hundreds of episodes, from Romulus and Remus through Constantine.
>>
>>372911
lindy is retarded and arrogant
just the right combination to piss me off
>>
>>374322
He also does a podcast called "Revolutions" that's pretty good. Been listening to the French Revolution one off and on.

I need to pick up a brain-dead game like Diablo III again, makes for better podcast/lecture listening. Got a backlog of podcasts, lectures, and audio books to work through.
>>
Some of Dan Carlin's podcast series are pretty good, I stay away from the ones that talk about a subject I know a lot about.
>>
hardcore history shills pls leave
>>
>>375043
>Literally one post
>One minute ago

Relax brah, have a drink or something.
>>
>>375052
kill yourself
>>
If you live in yurop switch on Arte, they always show pretty comfy documentaries when they aren't airing weird French special interest movies.
>>
I wanted to listen to History of China but his voice, from the introduction, and all the out of order videos put me off.
>>
>>375567
>History of China
Meant China History Podcast with Laszlo Montgomery.
>>
>>375043
Why are you calling shills? It's the most popular history podcast there is so there's obviously going to be many fans
>>
>>372911
Amen
>>
>>374944
Examples? Not defending him, just curious.
>>
>>375701
Is this not a good podcast? I just listened to "The American Peril" episode. I thought it was pretty good.
Also, bump, I'd love some more suggestions.
>>
>>372911
lindbeige is an annoying faggot

if you want something similar to him that is more informed who isn't a larp faggot watch this guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/scholagladiatoria
>>
>>378464
Its pretty good, the WWI series made me tear up while I was jogging which was actually quite embarrassing...
He does excellent research and delivers in a theatrical manner.
>>
File: 4a8259427562956.jpg (46 KB, 632x454) Image search: [Google]
4a8259427562956.jpg
46 KB, 632x454
>>372911

He's so comfy
>>
>>366950
>Need something for playing video games.
this so much

>played as Germany in WW1 mod for Hearts of Iron 3 whilst listening to Dan Carlins Blueprint for Armageddon
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.