[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: kostol,-drazovce,-nitra-144285.jpg (523 KB, 2288x1712) Image search: [Google]
kostol,-drazovce,-nitra-144285.jpg
523 KB, 2288x1712
What is your opinion on church ? What do you not like about it ? And what would you change ?
>>
I think it's a nice way to build a community of people with common interests that, hopefully, supports and solidifies good beliefs.
>>
Don't really care, as long as the government doesn't endorse it
>>
>>360174
the most potent element of human existent

faith and culture and moral values in general need to be persevered, they are at the heart of everything you think and do
>>
File: 1106 - Spanish Crucifix.png (443 KB, 675x848) Image search: [Google]
1106 - Spanish Crucifix.png
443 KB, 675x848
>>360174
I was lucky to have a good upbringing. My mom was raised Catholic and my dad was too. My dad ended up atheist and my mom ended up still believing, but not very religious.
They gave me a choice as a kid: go to catechism or not. I wanted to because Jesus interested me. Later on, my younger brother opted to not to start.
My church is actually a nice place. They have a constantly open homeless shelter that gives them a 24 hour place to rest up, look for a job, look for government aid programs, or check themselves into a proper institution for help.
My priest is a very open minded man. For one, he does not condemn gays. He never did. He doesn't approve of it, but there are two openly gay couples in our church that still attend service. I usually go on the major holidays, while my family only goes on Christmas.

What would I change about church? That's a very broad question. Could you elaborate?
>>
Faith is great, organised religion and churches are just a means for social control
>>
>>360250
i mean is there anything you don't like about it ? their opinion on climate change, not taking bible as metaphor or something like that ? enhlish is not my mother language and i am doing thesis on young people's opinion on relegion... thank you for all your answers :)
>>
>>360174

Church in America (I'm from Texas)

>Earth is 6,000 years old
>Evolution is a lie
>Dinosaurs never existed
>Stemcell research is evil
>God bless George W. Bush
>Death to the Muslims
>Muh freedums

CAN'T WAKE UP
>>
>>360304
>>>/youtubecommentsection/
>>
it's boring
>>
File: white people.jpg (830 KB, 1491x2718) Image search: [Google]
white people.jpg
830 KB, 1491x2718
>>360296
Oh, well as a Catholic I guess I would change the stance on the punishment of clergy who molest children. They deserve a strong punishment aside from being excommunicated. The past attempts to either cover up or water down the evidence of molestation done by clergymen sickens me.
My priest never took the Bible as word-for-word. Never mistook the stories as being 100% actual truth. Now, the lessons that each story tries to convey... those are what he stressed. The Old Testament he particularly tries to pull lessons and metaphors from; while the New Testament he follows with great precision yet still leaves room for doubt. Doubt is not a bad thing, so long as there is an educated reason to do so.
My opinion is rather odd compared to people around me. People my age are largely atheist, agnostic, or very confused about their belief. I have eight close friends. The two female friends are staunch atheists, five of my male friends are atheist, and my best friend is agnostic. None of them have been to church since childhood. All of them are middle-class to upper-middle class white Americans. I too am a middle class, white American
>>
>>360304
That says more about Texshit than about America. Do mainliners even exist in Texas or is it all evangelical horseshit?
>>
>>360323

>le no true scotsman face

More than 45% of Americans believe that the Earth is less than 6,000 years old
>>
>>360338
I asked you a question, Pablo.
>>
>>360338
And 55% believe it is billions of years old, started by an explosion that happened for no reason in a non-existent place where everything that exists now was smaller than a pinhead.
>much better
>>
>>360338
Go back to mom's basement

t. Real Texan
>>
>>360356
wew
>>
File: 112187.png (305 KB, 383x500) Image search: [Google]
112187.png
305 KB, 383x500
>>360356
>explosion
>no reason
>non-existent place
>>
File: memes....jpg (36 KB, 577x591) Image search: [Google]
memes....jpg
36 KB, 577x591
>>360480 (You)
>>
>Young Earth Creationists are the Majority in America
Pretty disgusting
>>
>>360174
>What is your opinion on church ?

This is not good church. Church need better church be.

>What do you not like about it ?

Church is square. Square bad proportion. Church too tall. Too tall bad proportion. Stone facing is ugly. Roof is silly. Tower is not tall enough: tower look like 3" erection. Little round bit too little.

>And what would you change ?

Make church more long: rectangle. More long church look less tall. Better proportion. Whitewash stone facing. Get better roof. Embiggen tower: at least 5" erection. Make round bit more bigger.
>>
Have Sunday service a little later in the day
>>
>>362311
jesus christ fifel stop shitposting
>>
>>360174
i think the church you posted is ugly

someone didn't want to spend too much on a place of worship huh? Fucking heretics.
>>
>>360174
Church and religion can be good and it's not inherently bad. Offers a base of morality and a community of goodwill. Churchianism,however in any form is an eyesore and should go back to the fiery pit of Hell from which it came.
>absolute heresy.png
>>
>>360174
>What is your opinion on church ?

below average tier religion. keeps people in check using basic ethics and morality, people who cant cope up with the problems of daily life turn to faith.

>What do you not like about it ?

its failure in its goals. The teachings of Jesus Christ is literally Emmanuel Kant in a nutshell yet it still fails to deliver. Promotion of Slave mentality e.g. servitude=obedience. Also too many splinter groups with their own agenda.

>And what would you change ?

Its culture, although modernization has the church slowly losing its grasp on many societies so that will do.
>>
>>360174
>What is your opinion on church?
It's a good way to bring the community together and instill good morals and the value of tradition in people whether they believe in god, don't, or are on the fence about it.
>What do you not like about it?
Some of them are Protestant.
>And what would you change?
Lead a glorious holy war that would leave every American "megachurch" in ruins with a beautiful Catholic cathedral standing in its place.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.