[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Shit that makes you angry https://en.wikipedia.org/wik
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 2654768-8059740242-a0605.jpg (83 KB, 446x1000) Image search: [Google]
2654768-8059740242-a0605.jpg
83 KB, 446x1000
ITT: Shit that makes you angry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossus_of_rhodes
>In 653, an Arab force under Muslim caliphMuawiyah Icaptured Rhodes, and according to The Chronicle ofTheophanes the Confessor,[11]the statue was cast down and sold to a Jewish merchant ofEdessawho loaded the bronze on 900 camels.
>>
Shit, my paste option fucked up

In 653, an Arab force under Muslim caliph Muawiyah Icaptured Rhodes, and according to The Chronicle ofTheophanes the Confessor, the statue was cast down and sold to a Jewish merchant ofEdessa who loaded the bronze on 900 camels.
>>
File: A U R Y O N B.gif (21 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
A U R Y O N B.gif
21 KB, 250x250
>>503936
>In 653, an Arab force under Muslim caliph Muawiyah I captured Rhodes...

>CONFLICT BETWEEN "MUSLIMS", AND "CHRISTIANS", IN THE YEAR "653".
>"THE BATTLE OF VIENNA", YEAR "1683"; A CONFLICT BETWEEN "MUSLIMS", AND "CHRISTIANS".
>BOTH EVENTS INDICATE A GENERAL PERIOD OF CONFLICT BETWEEN THE TWO FACTIONS.
>SUBTRACT ONETHOUSAND TO "1683", AND THERE REMAINS "683", A YEAR VIRTUALLY CONTEMPORANEOUS WITH "653".

> ... and according to The Chronicle of Theophanes the Confessor...

>THE EARLIEST EXTANT EDITION OF THEOPHANES' "CHRONICLE" DATES TO THE YEAR "1655".
>SUBTRACT ONETHOUSAND TO "1655", AND THERE REMAINS "655"; TWO YEARS AFTER THE EVENT RECORDED IN THE "CHRONICLE".

CONCLUSION:

— BOTH EVENTS ARE CONTEMPORANEOUS.

— THEOPHANES' "CHRONICLE" IS A FORGERY.

— THIS VERSION OF THIS EVENT IS NOTHING BUT A MALICIOUS PERVERSION OF HISTORY, ONE OF THE PURPOSES OF WHICH IS TO VILIFY THOSE REFERRED TO AS "MUSLIM ARABS".
>>
>>504001
What the actual fuck?
>>
File: ASSYRIAN-master675.jpg (75 KB, 675x461) Image search: [Google]
ASSYRIAN-master675.jpg
75 KB, 675x461
>>
>>503928
Metallic statues have a strange tendency to get torn down and melted, can you guess why?
>>
>>504142
Also before complaining about muh muslims you should consider that the only bronze or gold Greco-Roman statues that survived were those buried in the ground and never found until the modern era.
>>
>>504122
零 is renowned for his insightful opinions, some of them are correct too
https://4ch.be/_/search/tripcode/Ry9.FWKNDY/
>>
>>504162
>Rei is renowned for his insightful opinions
lolno
>>
>>504001
>>504122
>>504162
>>504168
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_time_hypothesis
I love Rei
>>
>>504138
Where the fuck did they think the name Syria come from?

Stupid fucking shit skins.
>>
>>504001
What do you think of dendrochronology?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.