[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
serious question, who owns the moon? In a diplomatic sense,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: moon.png (2 MB, 1221x1061) Image search: [Google]
moon.png
2 MB, 1221x1061
serious question, who owns the moon?

In a diplomatic sense, what advantages does the fact that america was there first do?
>>
>>357634
>who owns the moon
By international treaty nobody.

Do bother to fucking google before you post. Read the fucking sticky.
>>
States aren't allowed to own the moon. People claim they own the moon but those claims aren't recognized by anyone (but themselves).
>>
>>357634

The owner of any piece of land is whoever has the means and motivation to hold it. Right now, the answer is "nobody" because nobody has the means to maintain a presence on the moon nor does anybody have the motivation to try.
>>
Who owns antarctica?
>>
>>357885
While there are claims, none of them are universally recognised, and a number of supranational agreements mean that sovereignty isn't a concept applicable to antarctica.
>>
>>357785
>nor does anybody have the motivation to try

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3344818/Russia-conquer-moon-2030-Nation-says-s-planning-permanent-manned-base-lunar-surface.html
>>
>>357634
Why is our flag there?
>ITS ALL USA
>USA IS ETERNAL
>WE OWN THE UNIVERSE
>>
>>358178
because they were the first there.
>>
>>357890
Wrong
>>
>>358245
Nice sources and argument.
>>
>my joke comments deleted
>/pol/ comments all over the board

Motherfucking Cheese Suits
>>
>who owns x

The one who has the power to take and hold it
>>
File: heh.jpg (113 KB, 537x697) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
113 KB, 537x697
>>358143
kek you can mine up he same article from 2005 saying Russia will have moonbase by 2015.

Russia lacks many of the necessary tech and expertise to accomplish such a thing in the hear future.
>>
>You will never defend your Moonbase with shoulder launched nuclear missiles
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Horizon
>>
>>358178
Ironically the flag has supposedly been bleached white due to exposure now.
>>
File: CwIv1O6.png (546 KB, 718x700) Image search: [Google]
CwIv1O6.png
546 KB, 718x700
>>357634
>who owns the moon?
>>
>>359734
Why would internet commies own the moon?
>>
>>357634
The nazis
>>
>>357885

Pakistan
>>
>>359666
>aluminum flag
>>
File: the-martian.jpg (99 KB, 750x400) Image search: [Google]
the-martian.jpg
99 KB, 750x400
maritime law
>>
>>357634
I do
>>
>>359666
I guess the French owns the moon then.
>>
>>358178
It was placed there during the cold war as a fuck you to Russia.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.