[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would've happened if Trotsky became leader of the Soviet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1441708664323.jpg (40 KB, 436x599) Image search: [Google]
1441708664323.jpg
40 KB, 436x599
What would've happened if Trotsky became leader of the Soviet Union?
>>
Soviet invasion of the West.
>>
>>349199
A better world
>>
File: 1413686880917.jpg (10 KB, 298x359) Image search: [Google]
1413686880917.jpg
10 KB, 298x359
>>349199

Trotsky was a counter-revolutionary and a traitor.
>>
>>349199
The USSR would've collapsed by the end of the 1920s.
>>
>>349319

This. Trotsky would've used up the USSR's resources trying to fund/arm worker's movements worldwide instead of focusing on industrializing the country.
>>
>>350268

This. He would never have rid the USSR of filthy kulaks either.
>>
>what would happen if an incompetent idealistic low IQ retard took over

It would probably collapse after 5 minutes instead of prolonging the agony until the 90s.
>>
>>349199
>DUDE

>GUYS

>BRO

>PERMANENT REVOLUTION

>LMAO
>>
>>349199

They would be speaking Polish in Moscow about now.
>>
>>349250
For Nazis and capitalists, not for the common worker or the peasantry.
>>
A weaker Soviet Union and destabilized third world. Conditions ripe for complete American dominance post-WWII, bypassing the Cold War entirely.
>>
>>350293
mao tried something like that didn't work out to well
>>351563
is that good or bad because some of the most reprehensible stuff the US did was during the coldwar
>>
>>349199
kek please tell me that pic is altered somehow. Trotsky was an ugly mf to begin with but I don't remember him looking that bad.
>>
>>352055
actually one of the better pictures of trotsky
>>
>>351563
Would've been great desu
>>
>>350278
Thus never causing a famine killing 7-10 million people.
>>
>>350293
The only thing red would be their economy.
>>
File: trimtram.png (218 KB, 436x599) Image search: [Google]
trimtram.png
218 KB, 436x599
>>349199
Basically the same thing as Stalin but perhaps without as many paranoia induced purges (purges would still happen considering Lenin did purges to rid the non-red sympathizers from high positions). Stalin basically copy pastaed Trotsky's economic policy ideas.
>>
Trotsky favoured the army over the cheka/NKVD, so we can assume his policies would be very "military first".
I don't see Trotsky being the sort of agree to Molotov-Ribbentrop, if only because he was piss poor at picking his battles (dude was gung-ho about the fiasco of the westward offensive)
I suppose if nazism still comes to be in this scenario Trotsky would hit first, but before Hitler had time to properly piss off the other european powers, leaving it either a war of two or with, say, the british on the side of hitler.
>>
Maybe a soviet assasination of Hitler to prevent the nazis to take power there. He would probably try to make the whole of germany communist,
>>
>>350278
Actually, Trotsky was one of the earliest defenders of collectivization.

People think of him as some humanist, but he was argably worst than Stalin. He also wanted to "militarize labour", basically creating a slave army. He was a Jew, after all, and saw goyim Russians as cattle.
>>
>>349199
Nothing. He was an incompetent politician.
>>
Trotski never had a chance to do that in the first place. Stalin was always lightyears ahead of him.
Hell, Trotski was a delusional idiot. He held public speeches about how he corrected Lenin when they were talking about something, while Stalin presented himself as the pupil of Lenin, not to mention he had internal support aswell.
>>
Everyone would be bemoaning about how the Soviet Union would have been so much better if that Stalin fellow got into power.
>>
>>353379
>without as many paranoia induced purges
You do realise that Trotsky was head of the VCheKa and started the red terror during the civil war, right?
>>
>>353620
No, no one liked Stalin. We would talk about Zinoviev.

The biggest difference between Trotsky and Stalin I think is that Stalin had no interest in supporting other revolutions.
With Trotsky in power, Spain would probably not have lost its war, and european communists would not have been so powerless to stand up to moscow.
>>
>All these plebs thinking it would've been any different at all

Keep dreaming you counter-factualist faggots.
>>
>>351563
>Conditions ripe for complete American dominance post-WWII

I think you mean third reich dominance post WWII
>>
>>353787
Civil war purges are not comparable with the 30's purges.
>>
>>353790
Well on the flipside, that might've provoked more anti-soviet sentiments in the West. Would FDR really have supported a government that was dead-set on global revolution? He only saw Germany as the greater evil, that's why he sided with the USSR, a Trotsky USSR might've changed that outlook to be more Germany-friendly.
And that's not even considering the possibility that Trotsky would try to install communism in Germany all-together.
>>
>>353828
Certainly, the UK and the US would feel closer to a nazi germany. Especially if Poland is conquered/revolutionized.
But nazi germany might not happen at all without Stalin telling the communist parties to make the social-dems their main enemy before the fascists, and supporting them instead to increase their influence instead of purging everyone.

And if war happens, I think the USSR will be in a better position to resist on its own.
>>
>>353870
>Stalin telling the communist parties to make the social-dems their main enemy before the fascists
Why did PCF join the Front Populaire then?
>>
>>353879
Stalin changed his mind after it was too late.
>>
>>350283
this.cold war would'nt have happened.
>>
File: 1440780011130.png (103 KB, 763x768) Image search: [Google]
1440780011130.png
103 KB, 763x768
>>349294
>>349319
>>350268
>>351530
>>351563
>>353468
>>353799

True.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.