[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats the most interesting period in history to learn about?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 1448832978689.jpg (56 KB, 500x595) Image search: [Google]
1448832978689.jpg
56 KB, 500x595
whats the most interesting period in history to learn about?

>world war boos fuck off
>crusade boos fuck off
>mongol boos fuck off
>>
>people who like things I don't get out of my threaddd geeet ouuuut reeeeeeee
>>
>>346002
ive studied those to death

give me a good one anon
>>
>>345991
>Russian Civil war
seriously that shit is interesting
>>
1865-1914.

A lot of intrigue, politics, and social change.

Also, it resembles the current geopolitical landscape a lot.
>>
Roman Republic conquests including Punic Wars and Greek annexations

Dutch Republic's fight for independence and subsequent colonial empire

Poland, start to finish.

That should keep you busy for awhile, all top quality shit.
>>
>>345991
Carolingian period
Early Medieval Society, not crusades but like literal government, politics, social life, and culture, shit varies so much between regions it's incredible
>>
>>346036

1836-1936
>>
>>346099
>1836
what a weird arbitrary date
the period of 19th century nationalist balance of power politics truly starts with the Congress of Vienna in 1814
>>
The fall of the last Spanish colonies is pretty good.
>>
>>345991
Dark Ages; Formation of Charlamagne Frankish empire, the Abbasid Caliphate at its height and Islamic Golden Age

Napoleonic Wars

Warring States Period in China
>>
>>345991
Late Antiquity in the middle east. Late Antiquity in general (but it ends too soon in the west)
>>
Post-colonial Africa is fascinating.
>>
>Dark Ages
There is a lot of interesting stuff to find and to study when it comes to the Dark Ages. One of my favourite periods of History.
>American continent
Dig the deeper you can into the history of Americas. You will find some really nice things here, specially when it comes to South America in general.
>Anything between the 19th Century and the 20th
A lot of political stuff, social changes and more political stuff. Study this period to death.
>History of Japan
Seriously, that shit is amazing. Learn the most you can about it. You will find really interesting facts, events and cultural stuff in general.
>Baltic crusades
I know you studied Crusades a lot, but generally people don't remember about the Baltic Crusades.
>Albigensian Crusades
More crusades. This one was against the Cathars that were on Languedoc. Also, search about the Cathars.
>Ancient Egypt
That one is awesome. Dig the most you can about this period, one of my favourites. You will find pretty nice stuff.
>>
>>346102
It's the start date of the game Victoria 2
>>
Personally I'm really fond of the early Bronze Age and specifically the Bronze Age Collapse. I find any period in history where civilization basically imploded incredibly fascinating. Humanity has essentially apocalypse-d itself on the small scale several times in the past.
>>
>>345991
The Middle Ages, not "durr ebic Crusades xD", but the socio-economic aspects, the role of the church (post-Gregory VII) on society, the monarchs struggling and failing or succeeding in establishing unified realms, etc.
>>
File: southern posters.png (60 KB, 919x737) Image search: [Google]
southern posters.png
60 KB, 919x737
>>345991
Why does no one care or remember the time we had two separate papacies that mutually excommunicated each other?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avignon_Papacy
Also, the lack of links people are providing is appalling. Even if its Wikipedia, shouldn't this board encourage reading and sharing knowledge?
>>
>>345991
THE ONLY GIRL I'VE EVER LOVED
>>
Mughals in India
>>
>>345991
Industrialization - WWI, so from 1830-ish to 1910
>>
>>345991
late 17th, early 18th century Caribbean and South America
>>
I really like learning about the rise of radicalism when lost of countries were industrializing from about 1850-1930. I personally consider that to be kinda of a mini-era for most countries except Britain since they went through most of it early
>>
>>345991
I personally like the Cold War

The complexity of geopolitics is really interesting. The proxy wars, arms and space races, etc.
>>
File: 1448907680718.jpg (282 KB, 701x960) Image search: [Google]
1448907680718.jpg
282 KB, 701x960
Migration Period, Viking Age, and Vendel Period.
Migration Period basically forged the European states as we know them, to criminally underrated lengths.
Norse groups have so much misinformation and memery surrounding them that those responsible should be shot and hung in the streets.
Vendel Period was on between the two, and should be included as a trio. Look at those Germanic helmets. LotR Rohan style stuff, cool as hell.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.