[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are people intrinsically/born good or evil?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 14064839.jpg (42 KB, 363x207) Image search: [Google]
14064839.jpg
42 KB, 363x207
What is /his/' answer?
>>
People are not good nor evil at birth. They're just infants. Almost everything they do is because of the enviroment.
>>
what do you even mean by evil
>>
>>344243
It's not who you are, but what you do that defines you.
>>
Neither.
>>
Humans are inheritantly good because good in the average humans perceptions means beneficial to society. School shooters even give the service of showing us the rot of the lowest pits of society.

That being said good/evil doesn't exist outside of human perception, so something can only be good and evil factually. A natural law cannot be good/evil.
>>
>>344243
It doesn't matter what they are. What matters is their actions

nobody cared what I was until I put on the [spoiler]fedora[/spoiler]
>>
Good and evil are not actual features of the world. To call something good or evil is to make a judgment, often associated with violence and the reactions of fear/anger/grief it provokes in human subjects, but to elevate this abstract concept as if it's some feature of reality is to confuse it with one's internal state.
There is evidence for genetic predisposition to violent behavior, but like all genetic traits, actual expression can be profoundly influenced by the environment. Heritability with this sort of behavior can be hard to estimate accurately for this reason.
>>
No, people are born, and spend the early years of their life, not even understanding good or bad actions.

It's why children often show the same traits as sociopaths, the difference is kids simply don't know any better.
>>
>>344275
This is the most profoundly philistine and self-contradictory salad of meaningless garble I've ever read in my entire life.
>>
what a ridiculous question
neither.
>>
Define good and evil.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-25-18-41-08.png (463 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-25-18-41-08.png
463 KB, 720x1280
>>344243
Good and evil are subjective and therefore dependent on the opinions of others, "good" in the year 2000 is not necessarily good in 20, 000 bc.

What is play for the cat is death to the mouse
>>
They are born without a concept of either (like animals)

they gain the concept through their own knowledge and interactions with others.
>>
>>344243
I would say neither. Human beings are all Pavlov's dogs in both a good and bad way. Upbringings, environment, education, culture and religion all sorts of thing can condition the one who would possibly be seemed like good or bad for other ones. Just happened to be, the individual doing harmful things are called "bad guys" but in nature, such an dualism is nothing from the first scratch. Because we humankind is the one having been cultivating its divine and evil field for conditioning ourselves.
>>
A person can be born with the genetic patterns and brain structure that lead to varying degrees of psychopathy. They'll lack genuine empathy and have no desire to adhere to a moral structure.

Still depends on how you define evil.
>>
We're born good but we get to experience life trough a evil body in a evil world.
>>
To my understanding most children dont really understand that other people have needs and wants too until they are around 4-6 years old so if evil is defined by being a selfish cunt then id say they are born evil.
>>
>>344275
You don't believe there to be moral laws?

Is a desire to kill, simply for killings sake, bad? Is acting in pure selflessness good?
>>
Surely ice fairies are born dumb (9)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.